My Disney Experience

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

My Disney Experience

Post by jderoche5 » Oct Tue 01, 2013 9:17 pm

I was curious to see what type of feedback everyone had with using My Disney Experience for their upcoming trip.

I for one have not found it very user friendly. From someone who works in the IT field I am finding it quite horrendous and kludgy.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: My Disney Experience

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 01, 2013 9:46 pm

From what I hear, the UX is bad enough but it is also a massive data hog.

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Oct Wed 02, 2013 12:01 pm

It's not very speedy either. I don't find it to be the ugliest app I've seen but I think there is room for improvement. Overall it doesn't seem very smooth and it's somewhat difficult to get to useful info sometimes.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Wed 02, 2013 1:48 pm

I think one of the reasons it is so sluggish is that many people are on wifi when using it and they simply cannot handle the load, they also may be keeping the speeds low (common with public/free wifi) so that people do not abuse it by trying to download files or such.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Wed 02, 2013 2:38 pm

I find that it can be difficult to use any kind of apps or social media or ANYTHING while in the parks because EVERYONE is using their devices. That is why I always still do my Disney Trip Spreadsheet with all of the information in it. Always comes in handy.

GoldenBear
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by GoldenBear » Oct Wed 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Belle1082 wrote:I find that it can be difficult to use any kind of apps or social media or ANYTHING while in the parks because EVERYONE is using their devices. That is why I always still do my Disney Trip Spreadsheet with all of the information in it. Always comes in handy.
Going old school, I love it! :mickey:

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Oct Thu 03, 2013 10:15 pm

I haven't even used via the app on my phone. All my issues are through the website on my Mac they need to be able to make it flow much better than it does. The logic behind the linking of multiple rooms and friends within your party are a complete nightmare. Hopefully they work this all out before Magic + goes live, but they're running out of time.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Thu 03, 2013 10:55 pm

That is weird that members in a booked vacation party aren't automatically linked, or by party do you mean people that booked separate trips from you but are part of your "group"?

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Fri 04, 2013 9:21 am

I set my Disney Experience up this past weekend on PC and after the usual learning curve, I was able to go to town getting everything linked. I downloaded the app on my iphone yesterday and at first look, it required a little more thought using it. Above all of that, I am just anxious for my MB's to get here!!!! Trip is just 4 1/2 weeks away!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 04, 2013 1:13 pm

laurie5658 wrote:I set my Disney Experience up this past weekend on PC and after the usual learning curve, I was able to go to town getting everything linked. I downloaded the app on my iphone yesterday and at first look, it required a little more thought using it. Above all of that, I am just anxious for my MB's to get here!!!! Trip is just 4 1/2 weeks away!!!!
What color bands did y'all choose? I still don't know how I would decide, I like too many of the colors! :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 04, 2013 11:01 pm

We haven't gotten any word on our bands yet?! I'm thinking we should have them?! I would have a difficult time choosing!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 7:31 am

So glad I found this thread! I was actually considering upgrading to a smart phone just because of my upcoming trip! Yes, I still have a phone that is JUST a phone. After seeing this I think I will stick with my spreadsheets and flip phone :lol:
Can I ask though, when you link reservations what info to you see from the others in your group? My trip is odd because my ex is also going and we are splitting time with the kids. We will have to link reservations so that I can book FPs for the days I have the kids. At first I thought it would be annoying if I had to see all of my ex's plans for everyday but now I am thinking it will be a good way to avoid him lol

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 9:59 am

I compared the My Disney Experience and old Mobile Magic apps here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8838&hilit=apps
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 05, 2013 11:55 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:So glad I found this thread! I was actually considering upgrading to a smart phone just because of my upcoming trip! Yes, I still have a phone that is JUST a phone. After seeing this I think I will stick with my spreadsheets and flip phone :lol:
Can I ask though, when you link reservations what info to you see from the others in your group? My trip is odd because my ex is also going and we are splitting time with the kids. We will have to link reservations so that I can book FPs for the days I have the kids. At first I thought it would be annoying if I had to see all of my ex's plans for everyday but now I am thinking it will be a good way to avoid him lol
One functionality that dumb phones/feature phones would not have is a listing of your FP and ADRs. Since they won't be giving out paper tickets for those anymore you would need to keep a record of all of that or constantly check in at a kiosk.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Oct Sun 06, 2013 7:24 pm

jderoche5 wrote:I was curious to see what type of feedback everyone had with using My Disney Experience for their upcoming trip.

I for one have not found it very user friendly. From someone who works in the IT field I am finding it quite horrendous and kludgy.
Is "kludgy" a technical term? :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016