Changed Operating Hours for Resort Pools

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Changed Operating Hours for Resort Pools

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 28, 2013 12:47 pm

It is silly, but at the same time not all people can legally consent/agree. So until minors and the mentally disabled can give consent, the rules are what they are.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sat 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Someone is responsible for minors and the disabled, so again, take responsibility.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Yes, but what happens if one gets away from the parents? Short of chaining them to the bed, there is no way to 100% guarantee that they wouldn't be able to get in.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sat 28, 2013 2:37 pm

People should watch their kids. My parents knew where I was at all times. Again, responsibility. I will end with that.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 28, 2013 3:02 pm

There is a difference between "knowing" and watching. Take a single parent, for example, odds are there will be times their kids are not within visual range of them and as the drowning campaign noted "It just takes a minute". It sucks, but at the same time, if you need said resort accommodations after hours then you will want to switch resorts or go pool hopping.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Sun 29, 2013 12:57 am

Sharonofwindham wrote:It has always been, swim at your own risk, when there is no lifeguard present hasn't it? If not it should be. People shouldn't need to be babysat every minute. We need to take some responsibility for our own safety, and stop blaming others for our stupidity :x
Forgot about the hot tubs :shock:. Most people use them at night right? Maybe they're not included.
I couldn't agree more. While the drowning is tragic, I tend to think there were some extenuating circumstances such as an underlying health condition or rough play. There's nothing official that says this - it's just my theory based one some of the details I've read about the event. Plus as I mentioned in detail previously, this doesn't really make things "safer". It's probably just a change so they can say they did something (important in our "sue happy" country).
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Oct Tue 01, 2013 8:10 am

It's unfortunate that this change needed to be made. BUT.....if this does not apply to the quiet pools too then it makes absolutely no sense.

I would also think the Hot tubs will not be affected by this.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5