Get back to the end of the line no butting

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

jgarmer
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Get back to the end of the line no butting

Post by jgarmer » Sep Mon 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Guess this means less battery chariots nipping at your heals also. I don't think it was only the so called 1% that were abusing this.
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/disney ... 46185.html

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Get back to the end of the line no butting

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Mon 23, 2013 1:09 pm

This is upsetting! You always have a few people that ruin something good for everyone! So those people that really do need the assistance of a motorized scooter are being punished for those that are abusing. Just a sad sad world we live in today.

I give Disney credit for trying to put an end to the abuse, but at the same time, those non abusers will be punished.

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Sep Mon 23, 2013 1:17 pm

The "1%" feel they are above everyone and everything. they'll find another way to abuse something else and feel they are entitled to do so. Frustrating, but not surprising.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Mon 23, 2013 1:32 pm

I agree Chrenabog, you will always have those people that feel their time is more precious than yours and they are more important. We had a guy on our dive trip this past May with that kind of attitude, by the end of the week, we were all ready to throw him over board!!!! :roll:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 23, 2013 2:29 pm

I think they meant DLR not WDW (both are in an OC, but that paper is the local paper here).

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Boilerdude » Sep Mon 23, 2013 3:37 pm

First time in my life I have seen these words put together - 'disabled “black-market” guide'.

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Sep Mon 23, 2013 5:17 pm

We have a thread of this in the general forum. This is the new DAS system that is replacing GAC. It will eventually be at WDW as well. This is a much needed improvement over GAC
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Tue 24, 2013 12:20 pm

there is no 'eventually' both parks are replacing GAC on oct 9

Leigh
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Leigh » Sep Thu 26, 2013 12:55 pm

This makes me really sad. When we went to WDW back in 2011 the program helped my autistic son tremendously. He is not able to wait in lines without flipping out. He is a very large boy and you can't manhandle him, at least I can't. He very much enjoyed disney and was able to see many rides he otherwise would not have. We brought a letter from his dr. I guess rich people can buy letters from doctors or "hire" the handicap or find away around waiting. Sad that a few rich people wreck it for others. btw my son looks perfectly normal but is not. So from a distance I'm sure people wondered about us.

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Thu 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Leigh wrote:This makes me really sad. When we went to WDW back in 2011 the program helped my autistic son tremendously. He is not able to wait in lines without flipping out. He is a very large boy and you can't manhandle him, at least I can't. He very much enjoyed disney and was able to see many rides he otherwise would not have. We brought a letter from his dr. I guess rich people can buy letters from doctors or "hire" the handicap or find away around waiting. Sad that a few rich people wreck it for others. btw my son looks perfectly normal but is not. So from a distance I'm sure people wondered about us.
as i have been reading the posts everywhere... i do not see where you will have much of a different experience. the card acts as a queue placeholder, and you return just like a fastpass. no, you do not immediately go to the head of the line, but you can go and sit in the shade, watch the sea of humanity rush past as you wait for the return time. you can shop, eat a meal, go on another ride even...

the only difference i can see is that the fools who get them to just cut lines will freak when they cannot do that anymore.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Basically it is like the dumbo system, but some parents are concerned their children will not be able to handle the wait even though they might be doing something else rather than wait in line. The other concern is, from what I have been seeing, that their children can't go for the full day, so that might be a problem that needs to be worked out as well.

I don't think you need to bring a note from your doctor, since they legally can't ask for proof. Though at DLRP, according to someone in a chair that went there, they do demand proof and they only issue a finite number of passes each day so if they run out and you are disabled, you are SOL.

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Thu 26, 2013 5:05 pm

good ol' americans and our sue-happy economy...