Splash Mountain Working?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Zillerzap
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Splash Mountain Working?

Post by Zillerzap » Sep Fri 20, 2013 2:53 pm

It seems that every time I go to MK, Splash Mountain is down for a part of the day for mechanical reasons. Has anyone else witnessed this recently?

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Splash Mountain Working?

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Fri 20, 2013 6:01 pm

that is why they have an annual closure for maintenance... it seems that card in the refurb page has a scoop that the budget has increased for changing the things that break(overheat, turn off)... pumps, sensors and the like. this ride seems to have the problems of IASW, BTMRR and POTC together.... (water ride, lifts and roller-coaster like falls...)

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Fri 20, 2013 6:02 pm

or even like your car, any one of a hundred sensors go out(water infiltration, bump damage) the 'check engine light' comes on and then its 101

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Sat 21, 2013 12:45 am

It was like that when I was there in May and resulted in me not being able to ride it. Every time I went the attraction was down or just evacuated. It does seem like it has been more tempermental as of late.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Sun 22, 2013 11:29 am

Could it be because of some change that they made during the refurb? I really wouldn't handle it very well if Splash was down during a visit. In 1987 I took my 10 yr old nephew to WDW, and the Haunted Mansion was closed for refurb...I just stood there in shock and my mouth hanging open for a bit :shock:. I really wanted him to experience it. I eventually pulled myself together and moved on :lol:. He took it better than I did :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 22, 2013 11:34 am

Sharonofwindham wrote:Could it be because of some change that they made during the refurb? I really wouldn't handle it very well if Splash was down during a visit. In 1987 I took my 10 yr old nephew to WDW, and the Haunted Mansion was closed for refurb...I just stood there in shock and my mouth hanging open for a bit :shock:. I really wanted him to experience it. I eventually pulled myself together and moved on :lol:. He took it better than I did :mickey:
That's why I always check the refurb schedule before any trip. It is easier to handle the disappointment when it is expected...

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Sun 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Amy wrote:
Sharonofwindham wrote:Could it be because of some change that they made during the refurb? I really wouldn't handle it very well if Splash was down during a visit. In 1987 I took my 10 yr old nephew to WDW, and the Haunted Mansion was closed for refurb...I just stood there in shock and my mouth hanging open for a bit :shock:. I really wanted him to experience it. I eventually pulled myself together and moved on :lol:. He took it better than I did :mickey:
That's why I always check the refurb schedule before any trip. It is easier to handle the disappointment when it is expected...
I was somewhat of a noob back then :lol: You can bet I have checked the refurb schedule since that trip :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
Amy wrote:
I was somewhat of a noob back then :lol: You can bet I have checked the refurb schedule since that trip :goofy_bounce:
:lol: I'm still holding out a tiny bit of hope that the Big Thunder Mountain RR will be finished up by the time we are there in early December, but I don't think it will be :(

Zillerzap

Post by Zillerzap » Sep Thu 26, 2013 11:57 am

That happend once to me with "It's a Small World", although I was not that dissapointed :D

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Thu 26, 2013 3:53 pm

Amy, I think I have good news for you! I follow a couple that vlog on Youtube everyday. They went to the MK at the end of August & rode TMR :goofy_bounce:

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Thu 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Zillerzap wrote:
That happend once to me with "It's a Small World", although I was not that dissapointed :D
:lol: It wouldn't exactly break my heart either...my Dad(RIP) on the other hand :shock: :cry: He loved that ride!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:Amy, I think I have good news for you! I follow a couple that vlog on Youtube everyday. They went to the MK at the end of August & rode TMR :goofy_bounce:
At DL? Really?? That would be awesome if it was open!

CURRYAUDIO
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by CURRYAUDIO » Oct Tue 08, 2013 9:00 pm

It was down the last 2x we were there...Jan and May. Hopefully not in 22 days!