All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: "Glow with the Show Ears" Coming to WDW

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Wed 18, 2013 11:45 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:Do anyone remember the pin you could buy a few years ago that would light up at random places? I had one as did a few others in my family. Mine was in the shape of the Sorcerer's hat and about 1/2" thick and maybe 2-3" long. It would blink in some dark rides and also would blink if you touched it or moved around a lot. I don't remember if there were places that made it blink? It was maybe 10 years ago. It also seemed to run out of batteries kinda quickly, and was annoying on rides like the Haunted Mansion or Pirates. It ruined some of the dark effects. Also it was kinda heavy and would not hold well on a t-shirt.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else remembered the pins because the glow hat reminds me of it a little bit. As for the glow hat, I am a dork and I will buy a pair!
there was one in the shape of each parks 'weenie' and we had all four, i still have the AK one here somewhere?
that thing went off everywhere, they were known as 'disney magical moments' and i remember vividly them going off on ToT, just as the car rolled out of the elevator into the starfield scene... and during the parades, as long as you were within the viewing radii of the floats...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Translation, Amy uses elderly people in wheelchairs for her own entertainment. Shame! :D

It is a shame that they don't look very interesting in single or small groups since some of the effects rely on multiple sets shifting to different colors at the same time.
I fully agree with you Wizz, everything you said there is true. :evil:
I knew you would agree with my interpretation. :mrgreen:

If I recall, the devices that activated the pins were left in place for many years after they stopped selling the pins. My guess is they were low profile and since nothing else was going to use the emitters, there was no point in removal. Hopefully they will be adding the shutdown emitters to the dark rides, the only drawback to them is that they will show up in digital photos/video.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 18, 2013 9:58 pm

horizons1 wrote:
Amy wrote:They are pretty cool, but I don't know that I would want to shell out the money for them. As Wizz pointed out, you don't really enjoy them on your own head as you can't see them. I imagine I will get a pair for Figment if she would like them.
Maybe they should vibrate so you get a light scalp massage whenever they light up.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wizzard419 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Translation, Amy uses elderly people in wheelchairs for her own entertainment. Shame! :D

It is a shame that they don't look very interesting in single or small groups since some of the effects rely on multiple sets shifting to different colors at the same time.
I fully agree with you Wizz, everything you said there is true. :evil:
I knew you would agree with my interpretation. :mrgreen:

If I recall, the devices that activated the pins were left in place for many years after they stopped selling the pins. My guess is they were low profile and since nothing else was going to use the emitters, there was no point in removal. Hopefully they will be adding the shutdown emitters to the dark rides, the only drawback to them is that they will show up in digital photos/video.
ACK!! Naughty, naughty, naughty!!!
I do agree with you on the shutdown emitters on the dark rides though!

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Oct Fri 04, 2013 10:26 am

Add this to my Disney shopping trip next month. Mandatory must have!!!! :goofy_bounce:

Zillerzap
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Zillerzap » Oct Fri 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Are they going to implement them into the special events parades & fireworks too(i.e. Happy Hallowishes, Boo To You Parade, etc...)?

CURRYAUDIO
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by CURRYAUDIO » Oct Sat 05, 2013 8:13 pm

I can't wait to see this! 24 Days!

CURRYAUDIO

Post by CURRYAUDIO » Oct Tue 08, 2013 8:57 pm

22 Days! Cant wait to see it!