Do Disney Restaurants allow Take Out Orders?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: Do Disney Restaurants allow Take Out Orders?

Post by jderoche5 » Sep Fri 20, 2013 11:07 am

The are just some food items in Disney I would give my right arm for. I have made this salad and dressing at home and it is very comparable. If I don't get it I won't be disappointed, just wanted the option I guess. I could always sit at the bar and order it too.......
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Sun 22, 2013 1:09 pm

I don't find this a strange idea at all. Maybe for certain hot meals...yes, but a salad would be a perfect take-out meal to bring back to your hotel. We did pizza at Ft. Wilderness way back when they had the best pizza on the planet :D, and more recently from Spoodles that used to be on the Boardwalk,(they had a pizza window, so I don't think that counts). We've taken desserts from the Main Street Bakery in the MK back to our room as well :mickey2:yum!

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Fri 27, 2013 10:18 am

I don't think you'll be able to get a definitive answer before you go, since there's probably not a specific policy about this. Your response is going to depend on which cm you deal with and how busy they restaurant is at the time. If you're dedicated, you could do the work around suggested where you sit down, order, then leave with the salad.
Amy wrote:We got a cup of the famed Canadian Cheddar soup and an order of breadsticks to go from the Canadian pavilion on our trip in 2010. When we tried in 2011, we were told no, more than once, even when I mentioned we had done it the year before. The CM seemed quite insistent that we wouldn't have been able to do that at all. I did ask several different CMs over the different days we were at EPCOT as it does seem that answers aren't always consistent from CM to CM, but in this case it was quite clear, no more to-go orders from Canada ~ at least on our trip :( So much for our friendly neighbors to the north :roll:
I remember about that time word got out on Disney sites that ordering to go was a way to eat Le Cellier when you couldn't get a reservation. What started out as something the CM could do to be nice to someone, probably turned into something that was requested constantly and they had to stop doing it.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 27, 2013 11:26 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:I don't think you'll be able to get a definitive answer before you go, since there's probably not a specific policy about this. Your response is going to depend on which cm you deal with and how busy they restaurant is at the time. If you're dedicated, you could do the work around suggested where you sit down, order, then leave with the salad.
Amy wrote:We got a cup of the famed Canadian Cheddar soup and an order of breadsticks to go from the Canadian pavilion on our trip in 2010. When we tried in 2011, we were told no, more than once, even when I mentioned we had done it the year before. The CM seemed quite insistent that we wouldn't have been able to do that at all. I did ask several different CMs over the different days we were at EPCOT as it does seem that answers aren't always consistent from CM to CM, but in this case it was quite clear, no more to-go orders from Canada ~ at least on our trip :( So much for our friendly neighbors to the north :roll:
I remember about that time word got out on Disney sites that ordering to go was a way to eat Le Cellier when you couldn't get a reservation. What started out as something the CM could do to be nice to someone, probably turned into something that was requested constantly and they had to stop doing it.
Oh, I don't think we had known about it beforehand, we just thought we would ask and try. I can understand them not wanting to have people carry out whole meals, but a cup of soup doesn't seem so bad. I suppose it is easier to say no to everything than try to decide where to draw a line though.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Fri 27, 2013 12:53 pm

I have a feeling they might have had to stop if they ran low on the soup for people dining in, since it would be something they couldn't start and have ready to serve in 5 mins (even though it may just be out of a bag), they would not want to make a seated guest angry and impact how much they spend.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Sep Sat 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Hmmmm. I can see the pros and cons on orders to go.... I lilke the idea!! :goofy: