Do Disney Restaurants allow Take Out Orders?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Do Disney Restaurants allow Take Out Orders?

Post by jderoche5 » Sep Sun 08, 2013 6:02 am

Was wondering if Anyone knows if the Disney restaurants in the parks do take out orders. Wanted to get the Cobb salad from Hollywood Brown Derby, but not necessarily have dinner there. Sounds weird I know.....don't judge!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Re: Do Disney Restaurants allow Take Out Orders?

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Sun 08, 2013 6:15 am

In all my years of going to Disney and being apart of online Disney communities, this is a first! lol. I would assume you can since you can box up left overs, but to be 100% sure I would call 407-wdw-dine just to make sure. Good Luck and get the dressing on the side, don't want a soggy salad! lol :goofy_bounce:
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Sep Sun 08, 2013 7:11 am

jderoche5 wrote:Was wondering if Anyone knows if the Disney restaurants in the parks do take out orders. Wanted to get the Cobb salad from Hollywood Brown Derby, but not necessarily have dinner there. Sounds weird I know.....don't judge!
LOL I especially like the "Don't judge" part because you knew we were going to Judge!! LOL!! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 08, 2013 7:25 am

Umm, you might be able to, and as yodiwan1 suggests, your best bet is to call and ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is no. Or yes, or maybe. If you are told no or yes on the phone, you will still probably have to ask at the actual restaurant. We got a cup of the famed Canadian Cheddar soup and an order of breadsticks to go from the Canadian pavilion on our trip in 2010. When we tried in 2011, we were told no, more than once, even when I mentioned we had done it the year before. The CM seemed quite insistent that we wouldn't have been able to do that at all. I did ask several different CMs over the different days we were at EPCOT as it does seem that answers aren't always consistent from CM to CM, but in this case it was quite clear, no more to-go orders from Canada ~ at least on our trip :( So much for our friendly neighbors to the north :roll:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sun 08, 2013 11:39 am

All of the places sort of can since, for a fee, they can basically do the equivalence of room service with the food. They do it for the illuminations "cruise", but I don't know if they would just box up a complete meal at all establishments.

They might not because they wouldn't want you taking said food and just eating it in the park, right outside the place.

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Sep Sun 08, 2013 8:16 pm

I am going on my 80th trip and I never even thought of doing this before until now. This is our annual Food and Wine. We normally do only a handful of sit down dinner for this trip and Brown Derby didn't make the cut. I honestly wanted to grab it on the way out of the park and have the salad back at the room with nice glass of wine before we all head out for the night.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sun 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Hmmm... they might actually be able to do that one. If it is a cold salad/it doesn't matter if all toppings are cold, and your room has a fridge in it, you might try doing that at lunch (preferably before or after the lunch rush). There are various reasons they would push back if you were trying to order during dinner, such as they make less on the serving (no beverage service or multiple courses), the tips can be lower, it ties up kitchen staff on patrons that aren't dining in house, and it may cause them to run out of an item before the close. But if you were to try it at a time when demand is lower, you may boost your chances.

Worst comes to worst, call up room service that morning and tell them you want a Brown Derby (whatever type of salad it is) in your room at whatever hour you anticipate being back.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 09, 2013 7:57 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Hmmm... they might actually be able to do that one. If it is a cold salad/it doesn't matter if all toppings are cold, and your room has a fridge in it, you might try doing that at lunch (preferably before or after the lunch rush). There are various reasons they would push back if you were trying to order during dinner, such as they make less on the serving (no beverage service or multiple courses), the tips can be lower, it ties up kitchen staff on patrons that aren't dining in house, and it may cause them to run out of an item before the close. But if you were to try it at a time when demand is lower, you may boost your chances.

Worst comes to worst, call up room service that morning and tell them you want a Brown Derby (whatever type of salad it is) in your room at whatever hour you anticipate being back.
The room service idea is a good one. Or the concierge desk at your hotel could maybe help out as well!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Sep Tue 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Well it's certainly deceptive, but what's to stop you from sitting down, ordering said Cobb salad and then "getting ill" and asking for your order boxed up to go?
My point is (and I think yodiwan1 also said it) that since they box up leftovers, if they don't offer take out, you can get it one way or another ya know what I mean?? ;)
Just sayin'.
And congrats on the 80th trip! Wow that's impressive!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 10, 2013 7:31 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Well it's certainly deceptive, but what's to stop you from sitting down, ordering said Cobb salad and then "getting ill" and asking for your order boxed up to go?
My point is (and I think yodiwan1 also said it) that since they box up leftovers, if they don't offer take out, you can get it one way or another ya know what I mean?? ;)
Just sayin'.
And congrats on the 80th trip! Wow that's impressive!!!
True, but then you would have to be able to get in for dinner. Is the Brown Derby one that you can get in without a ressie?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Tue 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Nothing, but if you were to get it to go they would have not added dressing to the salad and placed it in containers in the first place.

Since they are a place that needs reservations, they are less likely to have takeout due to resource limits. You will really want to hit them up in the off hours or use the room service or concierge to get your food to you.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Sep Wed 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Oh that would be great to get takeout from their restaurants. There's times where I wanna get food at the park, but I just wanna head back to the hotel too. I would think, like Wizzard419 said, that the concierge or room service could help a great deal on this subject. If it works then I shall do this some time.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Thu 12, 2013 3:42 pm

I doubt that any park restaurant would be able to do takeout orders. I can almost guarantee you that concierge could handle it...and it would cost a good bit more...but they could do it. The problem with that is there would be at least 30-60 minutes between the time something would leave the kitchen and arriving to you at your resort...and that is best case scenario as it takes 15-20 minutes just to get from certain resorts to the parks.

So yeah...unless Disney has special kitchens that are equipped to prepare a multitude of dishes from restaurants on property...you are probably better off making the ADR and eating at the restaurant.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 12, 2013 4:09 pm

True, if you carried it yourself, it would also be losing out. Since it is such a standard item, like a club sandwich, they may also have it at your hotel or may even be something room service can make. But the concierge would likely be able to help.

Mr.ToadWildRider

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Sep Mon 16, 2013 9:11 am

Man, I usually dread theme park food- didn't think people would actually like it so much they'd be taking it out of the parks! :) There is some good stuff at WDW, though it's almost always super over priced if it's good (and even if it's not).