Dateline: Walt Disney World

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Dateline: Walt Disney World

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Sat 19, 2013 8:24 am

i mean why would you waste one of your fp+ on something you can see from practically anywhere in the park? (i am exaggerating of course, but you get my meaning)

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Oct Sat 19, 2013 9:03 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:i mean why would you waste one of your fp+ on something you can see from practically anywhere in the park? (i am exaggerating of course, but you get my meaning)
Dude, do you have a spycam in our living room? Hubby and I were just saying the EXACT SAME THING to each other.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Do they actually count it against your total? That would suck, usually for stuff like that Disney has them running outside of the network so they don't mess with the rest of the system.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Oct Sun 20, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm going to guess that the people who would use a FP+ on fireworks or something would be families with small kids who don't plan on doing any of the thrill rides. A happy child/toddler is probably one of the most important things when one or more is with you on your trip.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Mon 21, 2013 5:51 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I'm going to guess that the people who would use a FP+ on fireworks or something would be families with small kids who don't plan on doing any of the thrill rides. A happy child/toddler is probably one of the most important things when one or more is with you on your trip.
Ah yes, the power of a happy toddler is indeed great. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 21, 2013 6:01 pm

At least with the fireworks, a failure to get a FP doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the show. Unlike world of color, where you pretty much only get to watch it from the back side and miss out on most of the effects.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Mon 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:At least with the fireworks, a failure to get a FP doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the show. Unlike world of color, where you pretty much only get to watch it from the back side and miss out on most of the effects.
I can see the value of using a FP once for something like WoC or Fantasmic! ... ONCE ... but unless the show changes, once is enough. Parades change, but they're ultimately the same show with new sprinkles on top, which is why the hubby and I skip them. Little kids, though, LOVE seeing the characters and get really excited at parades, so what theBIGyowski said is very, very true.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 21, 2013 9:25 pm

At DLR, the WoC fastpass (I don't think our Fantasmic offers them yet) does not have any impact on your other passes since they are not networked with the rest of the system, and all of the seating in the main viewing area is all FP. They also change the show at least once every 6 months and this holiday they will be presenting a winter show.

The odd thing with the WoC passes, when the show was brand new you had to get passes that morning to see the show, but last December (for example) I stopped by after work to pick up something and 10 mins before the show I picked up a pass and was in a center viewing section. One nice thing about the system is that it prevents the annoying people who camp out for a spot for hours before the show.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 22, 2013 7:20 am

Wizzard419 wrote:At DLR, the WoC fastpass (I don't think our Fantasmic offers them yet) does not have any impact on your other passes since they are not networked with the rest of the system, and all of the seating in the main viewing area is all FP. They also change the show at least once every 6 months and this holiday they will be presenting a winter show.

The odd thing with the WoC passes, when the show was brand new you had to get passes that morning to see the show, but last December (for example) I stopped by after work to pick up something and 10 mins before the show I picked up a pass and was in a center viewing section. One nice thing about the system is that it prevents the annoying people who camp out for a spot for hours before the show.
I don't know how a FP for DL Fantasmic would work. There isn't any real spot that they could block off for any length of time with the location of the show could they? I would venture to say that the fact that the WoC FP being available so close to show time speaks to the type of guest that DL has vs. WDW. I would guess that that WDW would still be "selling" out of the FP fairly early.
Last edited by Amy on Oct Tue 22, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 22, 2013 2:37 pm

It does work, since they have done it from the start. :D What they do is close off Paradise Park, anyone in there is told to GTFO, and they start setting up the poles and ropes to create the pens. The FP viewing area goes from the Golden Zephyr to the bridge, the area behind is a walking area so you can't stay and watch, and until you are on the other side of the "bay" you are unable to see anything since the show is essentially flat.

In the beginning, actually for probably about the first 6 months, you had to get passes at the start of the day if you wanted the first show, and the second show was out by early afternoon. It may start running out again early in the day when the new show starts since everyone will want to see it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It does work, since they have done it from the start. :D What they do is close off Paradise Park, anyone in there is told to GTFO, and they start setting up the poles and ropes to create the pens. The FP viewing area goes from the Golden Zephyr to the bridge, the area behind is a walking area so you can't stay and watch, and until you are on the other side of the "bay" you are unable to see anything since the show is essentially flat.

In the beginning, actually for probably about the first 6 months, you had to get passes at the start of the day if you wanted the first show, and the second show was out by early afternoon. It may start running out again early in the day when the new show starts since everyone will want to see it.
Silly Wizz, I said Fantasmic...of course WoC has been having FP from the beginning. Time to get those granny glasses adjusted ;) :cool: :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Don't make me post the screenshots from cache... or worse, tie you down and force feed you what passes for chili in Ohio.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Don't make me post the screenshots from cache... or worse, tie you down and force feed you what passes for chili in Ohio.
Ugh, Ohio chili is the worst ~ cinnamon and chocolate do not belong in such a fine dish!
And I had the cleaning crew empty your cache when you were out to lunch ~ know how you like to keep a tidy office :twisted:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 22, 2013 8:38 pm

According to Foodspin, it is worse than being hit by a car.

And go home Amy, you're drunk or on some meth fueled bender to think such things about my cache. :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Wed 23, 2013 8:31 am

Hey I really like Cincinnati-style chili! But only over spaghetti noodles, with cheese, beans, and onions. 5-way or no way. I don't think it should be called chili though.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012