Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by laurie5658 » Sep Fri 27, 2013 1:22 pm

BAKLAVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I am going to try sushi for the first time. I like to live on the edge LOL.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 27, 2013 1:32 pm

laurie5658 wrote:BAKLAVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I am going to try sushi for the first time. I like to live on the edge LOL.
The baklava we had at the Moroccan pavilion was pretty tasty! I actually passed up the samples of sushi they were handing out at the grocery store last weekend. I'm not a big fan of white rice so putting it around something fishy tasting doesn't make it any more appealing :roll: Hope you enjoy your sushi though ~ I'm thinking it should be fairly authentic from the festival :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Fri 27, 2013 5:17 pm

The last Food and Wine Fest we attended at Disney, I did have the sushi, it was delicious!!!

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Sep Sun 29, 2013 9:39 am

Only 4 days til I get to experience f+w I cant wait really excited, when I get back I will be posting what I thought was good and was so so, if anyone is interested, In the words of Mickey :mickey: "Oh Boy"!
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Leigh
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Leigh » Sep Sun 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Argentina here I come! Empanadas and beef yum!!! See you Sunday! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 29, 2013 1:19 pm

DaRkNeSs wrote:Only 4 days til I get to experience f+w I cant wait really excited, when I get back I will be posting what I thought was good and was so so, if anyone is interested, In the words of Mickey :mickey: "Oh Boy"!
Oh Boy are we ever interested! I've yet to make it to F&W so I will be excited to see what you think :D

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Sun 29, 2013 4:58 pm

laurie5658 wrote:BAKLAVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I am going to try sushi for the first time. I like to live on the edge LOL.
I LOVE baklava, but never think of getting any at Disney (too busy with the French pastries :lol: ).
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

DaRkNeSs

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Tue 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Amy wrote:
DaRkNeSs wrote:Only 4 days til I get to experience f+w I cant wait really excited, when I get back I will be posting what I thought was good and was so so, if anyone is interested, In the words of Mickey :mickey: "Oh Boy"!
Oh Boy are we ever interested! I've yet to make it to F&W so I will be excited to see what you think :D

Ok I know it took we awhile to get back but things have been quite hectic for me since returning, first let me start off by saying that if you plan on attending f+w a great idea is to couple up and share drinks and meals! My wife and I partnered with my parents and honestly cut the cost of the world by more then half from last year, just an idea if you can manage it. The food again this year was excellent and my favorite choice in the whole walk was by far canada beef and cheddar cheese soup wow and for the money one of the best deals. Hawaii was also good, the Florida craft beer section was very interesting and had a lot of different selections of rare beers! My wife enjoyed the pot pie with seafood in it and I am sorry but we can't recall where we bought it we believe it was America. I hope this little post helps and enjoy can't wait for 2014! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:20 pm

DaRkNeSs wrote:
Amy wrote:

Ok I know it took we awhile to get back but things have been quite hectic for me since returning, first let me start off by saying that if you plan on attending f+w a great idea is to couple up and share drinks and meals! My wife and I partnered with my parents and honestly cut the cost of the world by more then half from last year, just an idea if you can manage it. The food again this year was excellent and my favorite choice in the whole walk was by far canada beef and cheddar cheese soup wow and for the money one of the best deals. Hawaii was also good, the Florida craft beer section was very interesting and had a lot of different selections of rare beers! My wife enjoyed the pot pie with seafood in it and I am sorry but we can't recall where we bought it we believe it was America. I hope this little post helps and enjoy can't wait for 2014! :donald:
Neat! I would think sharing would be a good idea as well, although some of the portions look pretty tiny when people have shared photos. I suppose there is enough for a bit for everyone and then you can get your own if you really like it. I would love to go when the free dining plan is in effect and be able to use the snacks at the F&W booths! I wonder if that is one of the reasons they cut down the snack on the value plan to just one a day?

DaRkNeSs

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Wed 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Wow Amy never thought of that, disney probably did think of that and dropped the counter services cause man if you saved them up you could do some damage at f+w! Dang :donald:

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Wed 22, 2014 8:02 pm

I always found the dining plan pointless when we did the Food and Wine festival. There are so many good food options we always found it easier to grab something quick than have a large meal. So we would stay at the Yacht Club. Walk thru Epcot, grab food on the way and head to the other parks from there.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

DaRkNeSs

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Sat 25, 2014 10:20 am

jderoche5 wrote:I always found the dining plan pointless when we did the Food and Wine festival. There are so many good food options we always found it easier to grab something quick than have a large meal. So we would stay at the Yacht Club. Walk thru Epcot, grab food on the way and head to the other parks from there.
Yes exactly if my wife and I were there for a extended stay during that time there is no way we would buy the dining plan every evening would end with a stroll threw Epcot if we stayed that close, also if we would go for a extended stay I heavily recommend avoiding Epcot from Friday night and weekends my father who lives in Orlando took a picture of us in one of the many long lines on Friday evening only to return on Monday to zero lines you can save yourselves a lot of time if you could do that little tip! :donald: hope it helps any other questions about getting the most out of food and wine I would be glad to try and help you with :goofy_bounce:

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Sun 26, 2014 10:08 am

The weekends alway turned into somewhat of a college frat party if you ask me. Adults wasted beyond believe and I also witness a few of those protein spill Amy talks about right out in the open on the beautiful manicured lawns. Excuse the language, but it turns into a s*** show quick on the weekends.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 26, 2014 12:12 pm

jderoche5 wrote:The weekends alway turned into somewhat of a college frat party if you ask me. Adults wasted beyond believe and I also witness a few of those protein spill Amy talks about right out in the open on the beautiful manicured lawns. Excuse the language, but it turns into a s*** show quick on the weekends.
Yes, that would be the drawback for me. I don't know why people would want to spend the inflated Disney dollars to get drunk there. Go to the local bar and act like an idiot there instead ~ leave Disney to the more mature people!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sun 26, 2014 12:38 pm

It's Orlando, if you're a local you don't really have a ton of options (apparently the downtown section has become a ghost town) and if you're on property you find out Disney really wants you to stay here and makes it difficult to leave.