Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by DaRkNeSs » Aug Sat 31, 2013 9:46 am

I am returning to the F and W for the first time in two years, my wife and I are extremely excited to taste all the excellent food. My wife's favorite would be the African Beef and my favorite would be the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Canada yum yum. What else looks good to other people and once the festival starts I would love some advice on where and what to try. Does anyone else have some must tastes for my wife and I because we only have one day to try and do the world OH boy! A lot of food to sample! :mickey: :donald: Thanks for any advice or recommendations!
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 31, 2013 1:26 pm

DaRkNeSs wrote:I am returning to the F and W for the first time in two years, my wife and I are extremely excited to taste all the excellent food. My wife's favorite would be the African Beef and my favorite would be the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Canada yum yum. What else looks good to other people and once the festival starts I would love some advice on where and what to try. Does anyone else have some must tastes for my wife and I because we only have one day to try and do the world OH boy! A lot of food to sample! :mickey: :donald: Thanks for any advice or recommendations!
Only one day? My advice is to arrive hungry and pace yourself!

DaRkNeSs

Post by DaRkNeSs » Aug Sat 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Amy wrote:
DaRkNeSs wrote:I am returning to the F and W for the first time in two years, my wife and I are extremely excited to taste all the excellent food. My wife's favorite would be the African Beef and my favorite would be the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Canada yum yum. What else looks good to other people and once the festival starts I would love some advice on where and what to try. Does anyone else have some must tastes for my wife and I because we only have one day to try and do the world OH boy! A lot of food to sample! :mickey: :donald: Thanks for any advice or recommendations!
Only one day? My advice is to arrive hungry and pace yourself!
Yea AMEN my parents live just off of Disney property and told me the same thing, I just want to try it all or at least the best of it all I figure! :mickey:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Sat 31, 2013 6:57 pm

since they open at 11, either don't eat breakfast, or wake up early and have a light one. lol
Here's the full menu for this year! I can't wait to try to new menu at Brazil!!!
http://www.disneydining.com/full-menus- ... -festival/
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sat 31, 2013 7:09 pm

My advice...try one of everything!!! :wink:

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » Aug Sat 31, 2013 7:39 pm

When Darkness and I go we always eat all our meals at Epcot Food n Wine LOL. We get first flight out n head right over to the park. Saw the menu to Brazil YUM! thanks yodiwan1!! Thank goodness we share every meal cuz it can get expensive. So again, while I get a plate of African beef. Darkness will be getting his drink. Don't worry I will save you the sauce :ccat: :donald:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

DaRkNeSs

Post by DaRkNeSs » Sep Sun 01, 2013 9:20 am

cinderella75 wrote:When Darkness and I go we always eat all our meals at Epcot Food n Wine LOL. We get first flight out n head right over to the park. Saw the menu to Brazil YUM! thanks yodiwan1!! Thank goodness we share every meal cuz it can get expensive. So again, while I get a plate of African beef. Darkness will be getting his drink. Don't worry I will save you the sauce :ccat: :donald:

Yea no kidding this time please save me some of the Beef! :mickey: The brazil menu does look great thank you yodiwan1!! Hawaii looks very good to try as well, thanks for all the advice, trying one of everything sounds good to me as well!!

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Boilerdude » Sep Sun 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Will you have room for the wine :)

DaRkNeSs

Post by DaRkNeSs » Sep Sun 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Boilerdude wrote:Will you have room for the wine :)
I really do not care for wine, I enjoy the variety of beers :) Not as many of those to try and I should be able to walk out on my own power just trying some of the beers with my father! My wife cares about the "fruity" drinks, so we try to actually skip wines unless it looks very good! :hatter_bounce:

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Sep Sun 01, 2013 6:48 pm

It's not really an F&W fest thing but the Grand Marnier Orange Slushie at France. I'm a big beer fan but this is really good.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Sep Mon 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Boilerdude wrote:It's not really an F&W fest thing but the Grand Marnier Orange Slushie at France. I'm a big beer fan but this is really good.

Or the Orange saki in Japan :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:19 pm

I'm sure it is probably told somewhere, but who makes the menu for each pavilion for Food and Wine? Is is an executive chef from each country's pavilion?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:29 pm

It might be a mix of them and other exec chefs from the food service since not all the countries represented are present in the world showcase.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It might be a mix of them and other exec chefs from the food service since not all the countries represented are present in the world showcase.
I was just curious as it seems like there is a fairly eclectic mixture of tastes. I would also guess the food is supposed to be indicative of the country it represents, but some of the tastes seem to be a stretch...or at the very least, not something tasty.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 02, 2013 8:50 pm

They are kind of the equivalence of Panda Express or El Torito, traditional foods modified for American palates as well as for ease of service.

Come to think of it, I don't think DLR will be doing a food and wine event this year either, it was on shaky ground once the walls started going up for the renovation, but now they really don't have any way to work it in.