Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: i'll say it again, i HATE judi dench spaceship earth

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 05, 2013 8:46 pm

cousininmiami wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:I agree... the Dench version is a thumbs down! Her voice is annoying, the script is bad....
However, I love Spaceship Earth and will always continue to go on it. I have a good idea that I will try in a couple weeks, I will put in earphones as loud as I can with the Jeremy Irons version while I go through the ride! Do you think it'll work?? :shock:
You can try...it depends on if they sped up or slowed down the attraction at all too.
I will report back on this in a couple weeks, I'm for sure trying it! My husband might think I'm crazy :shock: but I will take the risk for scientific Mouseka-purposes! :D
I think I have heard other people have tried this, I don't remember what the result was though. I'm sure as long as you don't care if it matches up 100% you will be fine!
Wizzard419 wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:If you sliced up the version into the original sound cues and then just hit next track as you reached each scene, it would sort of work. But they also changed at least one scene with for the present version, right?
Yes...and I think the "theatre" scene from the Irons version was changed to a Greek scholar teaching math to some kids in the Dench version.
Wasn't the Silicon valley scene where they had a guy that sort of looks like present day Woz, which looked nothing like 1980's Woz, added in as well?
I do believe the Silicon Valley scene is new as well. I don't remember that from the previous version.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Thu 05, 2013 9:43 pm

there was also a set depicting communications across distances (US to japan) and sharing video at the same time... i think that is the jobs/woz mashup is now... if memory serves

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Thu 05, 2013 11:21 pm

I would take the Tomorrow's Child ending of this any day!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Fri 06, 2013 7:59 am

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Wasn't the Silicon valley scene where they had a guy that sort of looks like present day Woz, which looked nothing like 1980's Woz, added in as well?
I do believe the Silicon Valley scene is new as well. I don't remember that from the previous version.
yeah that was a new scene...it replaced the scene with the American boy "video conferencing" with a Japanese girl...something that seemed "futuristic" back in the 90s

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Fri 06, 2013 8:20 am

I will say, I do enjoy both narrations, but I don't have a preference of one other the other. Dame Dench is a delightful actress, and I enjoy her work, so I enjoy listening to her narration. And of course Jeremy Irons sounds so grand and majestic in his narration. Both give very different feels, it just depends on whether you want a grand, awe-inspiring perspective of human history, or a lighthearted, fun perspective.

The script was dumbed down out of necessity, the way other more educational and intelligent attractions and features were taken out of Epcot. Have to appeal to the least common denominator, you know. </end whine>
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Sep Fri 06, 2013 8:28 am

cy1229 wrote:The script was dumbed down out of necessity, the way other more educational and intelligent attractions and features were taken out of Epcot. Have to appeal to the least common denominator, you know. </end whine>
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 06, 2013 10:19 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:there was also a set depicting communications across distances (US to japan) and sharing video at the same time... i think that is the jobs/woz mashup is now... if memory serves
theBIGyowski wrote:
Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Wasn't the Silicon valley scene where they had a guy that sort of looks like present day Woz, which looked nothing like 1980's Woz, added in as well?
yeah that was a new scene...it replaced the scene with the American boy "video conferencing" with a Japanese girl...something that seemed "futuristic" back in the 90s
Ah, yeah, I remember that scene. It was pretty futuristic then, at least to me. Of course I was pretty tickled with myself when I made a conference call with both of my brothers a few weekends ago. Figment and I were driving home from having visited with my Chicago brother and daughter, they in turn were driving back home themselves, and my other brother and 3/4 of his family were in the car heading out to his birthday dinner in San Francisco. Pretty futuristic to me :D Of course, I am starting to realize I don't get out much :roll: ;) :lol:
And I liked trying to decipher what they were saying since I was studying Japanese in college then :D

GoldenBear
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by GoldenBear » Sep Fri 06, 2013 10:33 am

Amy wrote: Ah, yeah, I remember that scene. It was pretty futuristic then, at least to me. Of course I was pretty tickled with myself when I made a conference call with both of my brothers a few weekends ago. Figment and I were driving home from having visited with my Chicago brother and daughter, they in turn were driving back home themselves, and my other brother and 3/4 of his family were in the car heading out to his birthday dinner in San Francisco. Pretty futuristic to me :D Of course, I am starting to realize I don't get out much :roll: ;) :lol:
And I liked trying to decipher what they were saying since I was studying Japanese in college then :D

Yes, I remember that too!

It's at the 11:00 mark of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM1O69qumhw

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Mon 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Now that I am traveling for work, I try to use Google+ Hangouts to video chat with DW and DS in the mornings and evenings. It really is amazing how video phone calls are not only a reality but are relatively easy now as long as you have an internet connection.

I wonder how useful Siri would have been for the CoP family in the last scene. I assume Father would still end up burning the turkey. ;)

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Mon 09, 2013 5:52 pm

or calling DHFFMKSC<FDFDSC NMSF<MVCVFD

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 10, 2013 7:04 am

theBIGyowski wrote:Now that I am traveling for work, I try to use Google+ Hangouts to video chat with DW and DS in the mornings and evenings. It really is amazing how video phone calls are not only a reality but are relatively easy now as long as you have an internet connection.

I wonder how useful Siri would have been for the CoP family in the last scene. I assume Father would still end up burning the turkey. ;)
dstrawn9889 wrote:or calling DHFFMKSC<FDFDSC NMSF<MVCVFD
:lol: :lol: Sad but true. More often than not Siri is just a pain in the rear ~ I have learned that she almost always wants to search the web, so I've just started asking her to do that, but evidently I don't talk as clearly as I think I do because we often seem to have communication problems :roll:

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Wed 11, 2013 7:38 am

Amy wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:Now that I am traveling for work, I try to use Google+ Hangouts to video chat with DW and DS in the mornings and evenings. It really is amazing how video phone calls are not only a reality but are relatively easy now as long as you have an internet connection.

:lol: :lol: Sad but true. More often than not Siri is just a pain in the rear ~ I have learned that she almost always wants to search the web, so I've just started asking her to do that, but evidently I don't talk as clearly as I think I do because we often seem to have communication problems :roll:
Can you imagine how much worse Siri would be if she were male? She'd never hear anything...and would never remember tasks.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 11, 2013 10:19 am

theBIGyowski wrote:
Amy wrote:

Can you imagine how much worse Siri would be if she were male? She'd never hear anything...and would never remember tasks.
And as I'm learning here on Subsonic, he wouldn't be able to pick out clothes either :roll: ;) :lol:
I did actually change Siri to an Australian person and I found that she/he, I can't remember which it was, couldn't understand me unless I spoke with an accent! :shock:

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Sep Wed 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Yeah, I agree that it wasn't really her fault. The script writers must of either of been lazy, didn't care, or were just an over-all bad choice. Jeremy Iron's was/is my favorite dialogue. I hope the next change to the script is much better. I'd hate to see such a great ride go down the drain do to carelessness.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Well, you won't have to worry about her ever doing it again considering she was forced to retire due to poor eyesight.