Sleep over at one of WDW parks, where would you pick??

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Sleep over at one of WDW parks, where would you pick??

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Wed 21, 2013 2:22 pm

princessinwaiting wrote:Discussed this at tea time with my family... and I decided I would have to sleep over in the United Kingdom Pavillion in Epcot so as I didn't get homesick :oops: My dad then suggested having a lock-in at the Rose and Crown, ordering chips from the chippy :P But we would have to ship in our own cask beer or it wouldn't be proper :lol: hehe!
Never mind shipping in the beer you would need to import some proper fish and chips as that is no chippy.

On a lighter note I am in for the sub sleepover in the treehouse. QUESTION cy1229 do we need to bring a keg of Hobgoblin with us and who is supplying the feather pillows?

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Thu 22, 2013 6:10 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
princessinwaiting wrote:Discussed this at tea time with my family... and I decided I would have to sleep over in the United Kingdom Pavillion in Epcot so as I didn't get homesick :oops: My dad then suggested having a lock-in at the Rose and Crown, ordering chips from the chippy :P But we would have to ship in our own cask beer or it wouldn't be proper :lol: hehe!
Never mind shipping in the beer you would need to import some proper fish and chips as that is no chippy.

On a lighter note I am in for the sub sleepover in the treehouse. QUESTION cy1229 do we need to bring a keg of Hobgoblin with us and who is supplying the feather pillows?
Ooh. Hobgoblin! YES, PLEASE!

It's BYOP. :D
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Aug Fri 23, 2013 2:55 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Sleepy90 wrote: QUESTION cy1229 do we need to bring a keg of Hobgoblin with us and who is supplying the feather pillows?

Ok I have to ask this

Do you mean the Hobgoblin beer brewed by Wychwood Brewery, Oxfordshire UK?
As far as I am aware this is only brewed in Cask form. A Filtered version is available in bottles which are exported all over the world.
Ugh! the thought of it as Keg beer goes against my principles :x

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 26, 2013 10:15 am

To this untrained beer consumer, a cask and a keg are largely the same. I, of course, being a Yank, have only had the filtered, bottled variety.

Hope I didn't insult too heavily your sense of ale excellence. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Mon 26, 2013 1:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am Sulley wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
Sleepy90 wrote: QUESTION cy1229 do we need to bring a keg of Hobgoblin with us and who is supplying the feather pillows?

Ok I have to ask this

Do you mean the Hobgoblin beer brewed by Wychwood Brewery, Oxfordshire UK?
As far as I am aware this is only brewed in Cask form. A Filtered version is available in bottles which are exported all over the world.
Ugh! the thought of it as Keg beer goes against my principles :x
Yes I am sulley we are talking about wychwood casks. As I was speaking to our north Atlantic cousins I referred to it as a keg same thing only different. Actually I prefer some of the other brands they do such as scarecrow and wychcraft.

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Aug Mon 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:

Yes I am sulley we are talking about wychwood casks. As I was speaking to our north Atlantic cousins I referred to it as a keg same thing only different. Actually I prefer some of the other brands they do such as scarecrow and wychcraft.
Well I am pleased :) . Of course Cask Beer or Real Ale is something very special to us Brits and worth standing up for. In simple terms a cask has curved sides to help collect the sediment when beer settles whereas a keg has straight sides and the beer is pasturised and kept under pressure.

By the sounds of it cy1229 you would love a trip over here to taste the real thing :) no insult taken by the way easy mistake for an American to make :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 26, 2013 5:47 pm

I am Sulley wrote:
Sleepy90 wrote:

Well I am pleased :) . Of course Cask Beer or Real Ale is something very special to us Brits and worth standing up for. In simple terms a cask has curved sides to help collect the sediment when beer settles whereas a keg has straight sides and the beer is pasturised and kept under pressure.

By the sounds of it cy1229 you would love a trip over here to taste the real thing :) no insult taken by the way easy mistake for an American to make :lol:
Oh hey now, my ignorance has nothing to do with my citizenship. :lol: I don't know the difference between an ale, a stout, or an IPA. I just know that in general I don't like IPA's because they're so bitter. :shock: I usually like ales and stouts, and some lagers, but not many. And lately I'm liking the hard apple ciders that are showing up.

And yes, I would LOVE to go to the UK! I'm very drawn to it. At first I thought that only a part of my family was from England, and the rest from Germany. Now I've discovered that on my dad's side it's about 50/50, so that makes me 75/25, roughly. Some Scottish thrown in to boot. But really, I'm American. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Mon 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Epcot and La Cava del Tequila = Winning. Then sleeping, then...Well, who would care :)

Seriously, like B-babe said, The Living Seas.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 27, 2013 7:39 am

Boilerdude wrote:Epcot and La Cava del Tequila = Winning. Then sleeping, then...Well, who would care :)

Youse guys wanna sleep with da fishies? Really?! :shock:
I'll have a talk with my "associate" Jacca, maybe we canna make dat happen for youse all.

;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Tue 27, 2013 8:00 am

Maybe Mickey can do the sleepover with all of us and he can wear his jammies and nightcap! It sure is fun to daydream and imagine, I suppose that's why I like the Kingdom Keepers books so much... they do things we only dream of!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

L3PCT
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by L3PCT » Aug Tue 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Tonight I would be planning my sleepover in the Living Seas - sleeping under the docks (waiting line area) listening to that lovely music!!!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Tue 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Amy wrote:
Boilerdude wrote:Epcot and La Cava del Tequila = Winning. Then sleeping, then...Well, who would care :)

Youse guys wanna sleep with da fishies? Really?! :shock:
I'll have a talk with my "associate" Jacca, maybe we canna make dat happen for youse all.

;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
If they still had the dive bell, I would sleep there!!!

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Aug Tue 27, 2013 7:44 pm

I picked the bridge between England and France in Epcot where I have fallen asleep one time.

If I were in Hollywood Studios-I'd sleep on the benches where you watch "Fantasmic"-I fell asleep there one night too.

If I were in the Magic Kingdom, I once fell asleep waiting for my wife and kids to get back from Buzz Light Year's Space Ranger Spin and fell asleep there too.

If I were in Animal Kingdom I'd fall asleep watching The Lion King Show, which I have...

Each time I fell asleep it was late at night after a long day of wonderful fun!! :D

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Wed 28, 2013 10:25 am

rphillips14 wrote:I picked the bridge between England and France in Epcot where I have fallen asleep one time.

If I were in Hollywood Studios-I'd sleep on the benches where you watch "Fantasmic"-I fell asleep there one night too.

If I were in the Magic Kingdom, I once fell asleep waiting for my wife and kids to get back from Buzz Light Year's Space Ranger Spin and fell asleep there too.

If I were in Animal Kingdom I'd fall asleep watching The Lion King Show, which I have...

Each time I fell asleep it was late at night after a long day of wonderful fun!! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hilarious! My husband would choose one of his favorite sleeping places: Ellen's Energy Adventure, The American Adventure, Impressions de France, Carousel of Progress, or Hall of the Presidents. He calls those his "nap" rides, so I suppose he could sleep at those anytime! :shock:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Wed 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Fire House at M.K. would be able to see all the happy smiling people, watch the parades, and have a great view of Wishes. :D :goofy: