Celebrate a Dream Come True Final Parade

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Celebrate a Dream Come True Final Parade

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Tue 13, 2013 12:09 pm

As all of you know, the Festival of Fantasy is coming to MK next year. The operating hours for 2014 have been released, confirming the ending of Celebrate a Dream Come True. Since Disney has the Christmastime parade for Christmas week, the final parade for Celebrate a Dream Come True falls on December 19th. The Festival of Fantasy is expected to begin in March 2014.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Celebrate a Dream Come True Final Parade

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:As all of you know, the Festival of Fantasy is coming to MK next year. The operating hours for 2014 have been released, confirming the ending of Celebrate a Dream Come True. Since Disney has the Christmastime parade for Christmas week, the final parade for Celebrate a Dream Come True falls on December 19th. The Festival of Fantasy is expected to begin in March 2014.
Interesting to see then that there will be a time frame where MK will not have a daytime parade leaving DAK as the only park with a parade in the afternoon. I for one will not miss celebrate a dream come true. It was a nice parade in its day, but Disney just tried recycling it too much and the new floats will be a huge welcomed sight.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Tue 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Well, it would also be a good time to do the concrete replacement work for Main Street USA if it is still going on then. There hasn't been much progress on that specific project

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Tue 13, 2013 5:49 pm

I hope there is some sort of parade in Feb. I would hate my daughter's first trip to not have a parade!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Len90 wrote:
Cardinals314 wrote:As all of you know, the Festival of Fantasy is coming to MK next year. The operating hours for 2014 have been released, confirming the ending of Celebrate a Dream Come True. Since Disney has the Christmastime parade for Christmas week, the final parade for Celebrate a Dream Come True falls on December 19th. The Festival of Fantasy is expected to begin in March 2014.
Interesting to see then that there will be a time frame where MK will not have a daytime parade leaving DAK as the only park with a parade in the afternoon. I for one will not miss celebrate a dream come true. It was a nice parade in its day, but Disney just tried recycling it too much and the new floats will be a huge welcomed sight.
Was the long, mirrored floats that the Princesses ride on one of those recycled floats? I swear that float has been around for-ever ~ said in my best Gonzo voice of course! ;)

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 24, 2013 12:12 am

Cardinals314 wrote:Well, it would also be a good time to do the concrete replacement work for Main Street USA if it is still going on then. There hasn't been much progress on that specific project
So if that is the case we would see no MSEP performances either in that timeframe along with no Move It.
Amy wrote: Was the long, mirrored floats that the Princesses ride on one of those recycled floats? I swear that float has been around for-ever ~ said in my best Gonzo voice of course! ;)
I think the castle float is at least 25 years old now. I personally can link it to the 25th anniversary and I think it was also seen in the 15th anniversary parade. Pretty much any float that had a snow-globe was new for that parade. The castle float reappeared sometime during the share a dream come true parade as a sub unit during refurbishment and when the princess float was cut down to one third of the the original size.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Nov Fri 01, 2013 8:09 pm

It is now official that the last day for Celebrate a Dream Come True will be December 20th. The Christmas parade runs twice daily from the 21st to the 4th of January.