Where is your Favorite place to sit and listen to the music?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

duggett
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Where is your Favorite place to sit and listen to the mu

Post by duggett » Oct Tue 21, 2014 8:53 am

There are many, many spots to sit and listen to some great Disney music - to relax or reminisce or get patriotic or get pumped up or whatever. But for a truly unique "music participation" experience, nothing beats "Piano Man" Bob Jackson at the Port Orleans Riverside bar in the evening. He's a one-man whirling dervish. Everybody joins in - even wallflowers - and everyone has a great time - no matter what age! I know not everyone gets to the resort bars at night - but this one is definitely worth the trip from wherever you are staying in the Kingdom.

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Oct Tue 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Pinnochio House is always running a cheerful track. Kind of crowded at lunchtime, though.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Oct Thu 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Wyntuck wrote:Pinnochio House is always running a cheerful track. Kind of crowded at lunchtime, though.
DW and I lucked out on our last trip. We got a table right at the window overlooking IASW. So we were able to enjoy our lunch a little more while waving at the people below. The music is a lot of fun and I love when someone requests it or when it comes up on the Background station.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Oct Fri 24, 2014 5:46 pm

I actually LOVED all the music I heard on my trip in June! I was able to say the whole time I was there, I hear this on Subsonic! My family got tired of me saying it, but I think when you listen to sub on a regular basis, you actually are able to enjoy all the park music even better!! I was much more in tune with the background music this last trip!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 24, 2014 8:34 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:I actually LOVED all the music I heard on my trip in June! I was able to say the whole time I was there, I hear this on Subsonic! My family got tired of me saying it, but I think when you listen to sub on a regular basis, you actually are able to enjoy all the park music even better!! I was much more in tune with the background music this last trip!
Isn't it fun to hear the familiar music? And then when you are back home and hear the music on Sub, it connects you all that much more to the parks! :goofy_bounce:

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Oct Mon 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Amy wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:I actually LOVED all the music I heard on my trip in June! I was able to say the whole time I was there, I hear this on Subsonic! My family got tired of me saying it, but I think when you listen to sub on a regular basis, you actually are able to enjoy all the park music even better!! I was much more in tune with the background music this last trip!
Isn't it fun to hear the familiar music? And then when you are back home and hear the music on Sub, it connects you all that much more to the parks! :goofy_bounce:
it really does connect you more!!!!!

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Oct Wed 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Tower of Terror area, Future World in Epcot, and The Oasis at Animal Kingdom!

chaphome
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by chaphome » Nov Sat 01, 2014 12:08 pm

Near innoventions facing the time board & test track....love the background music at that location :ccat:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 01, 2014 5:13 pm

chaphome wrote:Near innoventions facing the time board & test track....love the background music at that location :ccat:
Innoventions plaza music is the best!

Twirly41
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Twirly41 » Feb Sat 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Eating outside at Electric Umbrella at Epcot, listening to the music and people watching. Great!

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Sat 21, 2015 10:09 pm

I love the bus music themed to where you're traveling. I wish you could find those loops somewhere online, but I understand how it would be particularly challenging to get a recording of them. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 22, 2015 9:10 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:I love the bus music themed to where you're traveling. I wish you could find those loops somewhere online, but I understand how it would be particularly challenging to get a recording of them. :lol:
Maybe really early or really late at night the bus would be empty enough ~ but you would have to be on there long enough to get the whole thing. It seems like I've heard a few bus loops, maybe I'm just thinking of the Magical Express ones though.

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Sun 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Amy wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:I love the bus music themed to where you're traveling. I wish you could find those loops somewhere online, but I understand how it would be particularly challenging to get a recording of them. :lol:
Maybe really early or really late at night the bus would be empty enough ~ but you would have to be on there long enough to get the whole thing. It seems like I've heard a few bus loops, maybe I'm just thinking of the Magical Express ones though.
Each park, hotel, and even DTD has its own unique loop that plays when you're traveling to the destination. Space/noise level is obviously an issue and I believe the speakers are on the ceiling which would make it hard to get a mic close to without being unsafe and/or in the way of everyone. Not to mention the fact that you might get kicked off the bus for acting weird. :lol:

The loops are also longer than the time it takes to travel between any two destinations, so even if you figured out how to record it without being a nuisance, you'd only get a short segment of the loop each time. Since the buses aren't usually running a dedicated route back and forth between two places, you'd get snippets of a lot of loops. It would take a lot of dedication to record and piece together any one loop.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

grimmghosts96

Post by grimmghosts96 » Feb Mon 23, 2015 9:33 am

The Adventureland area music always takes me back to being a kid. It brings me back to all the trips I took with my family.

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Mon 23, 2015 1:02 pm

grimmghosts96 wrote:The Adventureland area music always takes me back to being a kid. It brings me back to all the trips I took with my family.
This is definitely one of my favorite loops too. I think I've mentioned it here before, but there's a point on the walkway to Adventureland where you can hear the music, but sit and look at the castle. I love sitting there after the park closes and watching the castle change colors (preferably with a dole whip!).