Where is your Favorite place to sit and listen to the music?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

kfpg51
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Where is your Favorite place to sit and listen to the music?

Post by kfpg51 » Aug Sun 04, 2013 11:35 am

Where is your favorite place in the parks to sit and listen to the music and take it all in?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Where is your Favorite place to sit and listen to the mu

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Sit?? That is a foreign concept to me while in the parks ;) :lol:
My favorite place to enjoy the music is in my vehicle, traveling from job site to job site. Then I can have a mini vacation with each trip!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 04, 2013 3:37 pm

The past few trips, bdude and I will grab a bench on Sunset Blvd. love the music and we people watch! :D

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by sfein » Aug Mon 05, 2013 6:57 am

If there is a spot near the fountain at Epcot, that is the first place I like to go to listen to the music. To just sit and relax, listen to some music and people watch I look for the following:
At Epcot:
Close to Lagoon, near Germany and Italy there are benches off the main path.
I like sitting near the Land, especially towards evening when it is a little quieter.

At Magic Kingdom:
I like to sit in the rocking chairs at Liberty Square
I like to sit with the Goofy statue on Main Street, but that usually gets crowded

At Hollywood Studio:
Inside animation waiting to get to the next drawing class

At Animal Kingdom:
Haven't found a spot I like yet.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Aug Mon 05, 2013 8:06 am

Amy wrote:Sit?? That is a foreign concept to me while in the parks ;) :lol:
Me too! I just enjoy the music while I'm running around. :wink:

I think the only time we sit just for the sake of sitting is leaving the MK on our final evening. We usually sit on the benches heading towards Adventureland, so I can hear the Adventureland music while staring at the castle changing colors. If we've timed it right, I have a Dole whip in hand and my husband has a cinnamon roll from the Main Street Bakery (don't know what he'll have now though :( ).

I guess it's hard to call that my "favorite" place though since I'm usually crying and dreading the moment my husband says we have to move on. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Mon 05, 2013 10:49 am

Poly Princess, bdude and I like to do the same! It's bitter sweet though b/c you know you're leaving. I usually end up with tears streaming down my face! On our last trip, we grabbed seats at the train station, you can see all of Main St from here and if you look straight down Main St. you can see through the castle walkway and the carousel spinning. Very Magical! Perhaps we will try that again just not on our last night!!! It was Dec. so we heard all of the Christmas music playing! :D

bcgm3
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by bcgm3 » Aug Mon 05, 2013 3:23 pm

I've got an annual pass and live about a half hour from the parks in Florida, so I go fairly frequently and just take in the atmosphere or do some sketching... I really love the area loop in EPCOT's Future World West, out in front of Mission Space. Lot of variety, but all very charmingly retro-futuristic...

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Aug Mon 05, 2013 7:57 pm

The fountain inside the Mexico Pavilion. Everything about that pavilion just makes me happy.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 05, 2013 8:16 pm

bcgm3 wrote:I've got an annual pass and live about a half hour from the parks in Florida, so I go fairly frequently and just take in the atmosphere or do some sketching... I really love the area loop in EPCOT's Future World West, out in front of Mission Space. Lot of variety, but all very charmingly retro-futuristic...
That is one of my dreams, to live close enough that I can go to WDW, relax on a bench and do some drawing!

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Mon 05, 2013 9:04 pm

My Animal Kingdom spot is at the dinning area of Flame Tree BBQ during off lunch hours. They have tables that look over the lake towards Everest.

At Epcot, the Katsura Grill in Japan is very peaceful. It is really nice if you are there when the sun is setting.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

DisneyYorkie
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DisneyYorkie » Aug Tue 06, 2013 7:03 am

I have two favorite spots. I absolutely love the music loop played between Spaceship Earth and Communicore. That is some of the best music EVER! My other favorite place is Tower of Terror...just love the loop there...so retro!
You've got serious thrill issues dude. - Crush. Finding Nemo

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Tue 06, 2013 8:48 am

DisneyYorkie wrote:I have two favorite spots. I absolutely love the music loop played between Spaceship Earth and Communicore. That is some of the best music EVER! My other favorite place is Tower of Terror...just love the loop there...so retro!
I love that loop as well. Sometimes at work I just "loop" that loop as my background music. ;)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Wed 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Gosh ... okay spaceship earth, mexico, adventureland ... definitely my top favorites!!! I like the music in tomorrowland a lot ... in WDW on the walkway into that area from main street, it really does have such great music!! I have never sat down and listened to music ... I want to next time I go!

I too live close to WDW ... I live in Tampa. Would love to get an anual pass - but I always worry that I will burn out at some point ... but then I think ... Nah ... never :P

bcgm3

Post by bcgm3 » Aug Wed 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Amy wrote:That is one of my dreams, to live close enough that I can go to WDW, relax on a bench and do some drawing!
Haha, it's awesome, but I don't get out there nearly as much as I like, maybe once every month or two. Just like the beach (10 minutes away)... Once it's in your backyard, you just don't seem to make it out that way as often. At least, such is my case.

DisneyYorkie

Post by DisneyYorkie » Aug Wed 07, 2013 1:57 pm

bcgm3 wrote:
Amy wrote:That is one of my dreams, to live close enough that I can go to WDW, relax on a bench and do some drawing!
Haha, it's awesome, but I don't get out there nearly as much as I like, maybe once every month or two. Just like the beach (10 minutes away)... Once it's in your backyard, you just don't seem to make it out that way as often. At least, such is my case.
We will be moving right into the Kissimmee area where DD is going to college. We plan on getting season passes. I'm willing to take the risk that I will get tired of WDW :D hard to imagine I ever will!!!
You've got serious thrill issues dude. - Crush. Finding Nemo