Refurbishment News

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re: Refurbishment News

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Wed 18, 2014 5:46 pm

Silver Creek Springs pool is going under refurbishment from Sept. 3rd and reopening Nov. 28th
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Wed 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Maybe Grandpa had too much Christmas Cheer. :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 19, 2014 6:49 am

Goofyfan wrote:Maybe Grandpa had too much Christmas Cheer. :goofy:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Must have nipped over to Be Our Guest for dinner and tied one on ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jun Tue 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Goofyfan wrote:Agree!!! COP is considered "lame" by some......But we love it and have to ride it every time we are there. I guess it brings back memories>>>> :D :wink: :goofy:
I never get tired of it either! It will always be a favorite for me.

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Jul Thu 03, 2014 4:36 pm

BenB wrote:We went on COP tonight. In the last scene, I think the best way to describe it was "Granddad's dead, but his spirit's still here." It must have been a broken neck line/servo/hinge or something. His head was just bent down 90 degrees with chin resting on chest and not moving. The audio from him was a little creepy with that visual.
Please please tell me you have a photo of this. I love CoP and I love this description you gave
:mrgreen:

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Jul Sun 06, 2014 12:29 am

kelpseaweedkelp wrote:
BenB wrote:We went on COP tonight. In the last scene, I think the best way to describe it was "Granddad's dead, but his spirit's still here." It must have been a broken neck line/servo/hinge or something. His head was just bent down 90 degrees with chin resting on chest and not moving. The audio from him was a little creepy with that visual.
Please please tell me you have a photo of this. I love CoP and I love this description you gave
What?? And break the rules? "No photography or videotaping the COP". :D Lol, if I had my camera on me, I definitely would have gotten a video of it. But alas, I didn't.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 06, 2014 7:51 am

BenB wrote:
kelpseaweedkelp wrote:
What?? And break the rules? "No photography or videotaping the COP". :D Lol, if I had my camera on me, I definitely would have gotten a video of it. But alas, I didn't.
Shoot, I was sort of hoping you had as well. I never understood the no photography in CoP, I understand they don't want videotaping or flash photography, but what is wrong with just photos? I will confess, I have broken the no photography rule in there all the time and actually wasn't aware of the rule until a few trips ago :oops:
EDIT: Found a photo of poor Grandpa, but video remains elusive yet... https://twitter.com/EPCOTExplorer/statu ... 0827650049

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Jul Sun 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Oh my, poor Grandpa! Hope he gets neck surgery and is good as new soon.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Sun 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Walt Disney Railroad will be undergoing refurbishment from September 28-November 8.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Jul Tue 08, 2014 4:48 pm

Amy wrote:
kelpseaweedkelp wrote:
EDIT: Found a photo of poor Grandpa, but video remains elusive yet... https://twitter.com/EPCOTExplorer/statu ... 0827650049
Oh man. That is the stuff of nightmares right there. Good find Amy, good find.
Is it just me, or did anyone else ever think that pipe was Grandpa just flicking ppl off all the time?

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Update 5/27/2015: WDW Scheduled Closures

Post by JenMuse » May Wed 27, 2015 11:36 am

Magic Kingdom® Park

Monorail Now - December 2015
The Walt Disney World® Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment and may be on modified service and/or routes. If Guests plan to use this form of transportation during their visit they should check to be sure of the best option available on their day of travel, as alternative transportation options will be available.
Pirates of the Caribbean® Jun. 8 - Sep. 25, 2015
Liberty Tree Tavern Jul. 6 - Nov. 19, 2015
Dream Along with Mickey Jul. 19 - Aug. 22, 2015
Liberty Square Riverboat Aug. 4 - 10, 2015
Walt Disney World® Railroad Sep. 28 - Nov. 5, 2015

Epcot®
None

Disney's Hollywood Studios®
Voyage of the Little Mermaid Sep. 7 - Sep. 10, 2015

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Flame Tree BBQ Jan. 5 - June 3, 2015
Creature Comforts Jan. 5 - Jun. 17, 2015

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
None

Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park
None

Disney's Beach Club Resort
Guest Room Renovations Oct. 13, 2014 - Aug. 22, 2015
Guest rooms will be refurbished with new hard and soft goods. Guests will not be accommodated in the affected areas but it is possible that some noise could travel while work is in progress (between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily).

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Contemporary Feature Pool Sep. 8 - 10, 2015

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
General Construction Through Early 2016
During this time, Guests will observe construction taking place and certain pathways and buildings may be unavailable.
East Pool Late Spring - Early 2016
Closed for enhancement. Guests may see or hear work in progress.

Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
Guest Room Renovations Aug. 20, 2014 - TBD
Renovation work is scheduled to take place between 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. daily. No guests will be accommodated in the renovation area as to minimize impact on the guest experience.

Downtown Disney® Area
Parking Lots - Entrance 2 - Lots A-G Dec. 1, 2014 - Aug. 1, 2016
Loss of parking lot Entrance 2 to Guest/Cast traffic and associated lots A-G in preparation for the construction of Town Center and the East Garage.
Fulton's Crab House. Jan. 1 - Apr. 1, 2016
Planet Hollywood. Jan. 1 - Jun. 1, 2016

Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
None
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » May Thu 28, 2015 11:28 am

Boy, they seem to be constantly refurbing POTC.

Thanks for the very helpful new Jen!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Mon 29, 2015 8:25 am

kelpseaweedkelp wrote:Boy, they seem to be constantly refurbing POTC.

POTC is in dire need of this refurb. They recently received new boats that were just not working right with the track etc. It was causing the attraction to break on a pretty much daily basis.

Lots of walls up around the parks and I think this might be the most cranes I've seen on Disney property in a very long time with the work going on at Disney Springs, Animal Kingdom (Avatar and Night show), and the miscellaneous smaller projects going on right now at DHS (new theater behind RnR) , EPCOT (Norway transition to Arandelle) , and MK (Work in Adventureland and some Main Street facades).
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Len90 wrote:
kelpseaweedkelp wrote:Boy, they seem to be constantly refurbing POTC.

POTC is in dire need of this refurb. They recently received new boats that were just not working right with the track etc. It was causing the attraction to break on a pretty much daily basis.

Lots of walls up around the parks and I think this might be the most cranes I've seen on Disney property in a very long time with the work going on at Disney Springs, Animal Kingdom (Avatar and Night show), and the miscellaneous smaller projects going on right now at DHS (new theater behind RnR) , EPCOT (Norway transition to Arandelle) , and MK (Work in Adventureland and some Main Street facades).
Wow ~ that is a lot of construction zones! Do you know what the new theater in DHS is going to have in it Len?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Mon 29, 2015 12:42 pm

From what I understand it is going to be a multi purpose theater that will be used for multiple different roles. I have heard it will replace the Premier theater as that will be supposedly torn down to make way for the rumored Star Wars expansion. We probably will know more in a few months when that is pretty much built. I think that will also be around the time we hear about the redevelopment plans for DHS as well.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"