Refurbishment News

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Refurbishment News

Post by cy1229 » Jun Sat 07, 2014 4:43 am

Cardinals314 wrote:Exactly. That's probably why they are doing the renovations of the food courts in shifts rather than all three together. The walking would be annoying, but I haven't eaten there anyways. I would rather spend a couple of extra dollars at a sit down place for lunch
It's fine for breakfast, but otherwise, meh.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 07, 2014 9:39 am

cy1229 wrote:
Cardinals314 wrote:Exactly. That's probably why they are doing the renovations of the food courts in shifts rather than all three together. The walking would be annoying, but I haven't eaten there anyways. I would rather spend a couple of extra dollars at a sit down place for lunch
It's fine for breakfast, but otherwise, meh.
We generally have breakfast there, but yeah, otherwise it isn't all that great for food. And I would likely grab something for breakfast in the parks but Figment requires a breakfast to get going in the morning.

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Tue 10, 2014 6:53 pm

The Yankee Trader in Liberty Square is now planned for refurbishment from July 7 to September 30. The current talk about it is that it will be turning into a haunted mansion store.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:The Yankee Trader in Liberty Square is now planned for refurbishment from July 7 to September 30. The current talk about it is that it will be turning into a haunted mansion store.
That would be quite the welcome addition ~ I know a lot of people love the HM and would love to see more merchandise :hm_ghost:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jun Wed 11, 2014 8:42 am

Amy wrote:
Cardinals314 wrote:The Yankee Trader in Liberty Square is now planned for refurbishment from July 7 to September 30. The current talk about it is that it will be turning into a haunted mansion store.
That would be quite the welcome addition ~ I know a lot of people love the HM and would love to see more merchandise :hm_ghost:
yeah...plus the fact that you can buy that same Yankee Trader merchandise in several other locations on property makes having a dedicated store less important

at the same time...I'm not sure how much Haunted Mansion merchandise they would be able to sell on a year-round basis...and if it would generate more money than the current setup

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Wed 11, 2014 10:45 pm

The merch they introduced last year, sold out pretty fast, so I am guessing it has a strong enough draw. It basically would be like the HM shop they have at DLR, which also has the cart at the exit of the ride as well.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jun Thu 12, 2014 9:02 am

My hubby would really enjoy HM merchandise... he's a huge Jack Skellington fan.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 12, 2014 8:35 pm

cy1229 wrote:My hubby would really enjoy HM merchandise... he's a huge Jack Skellington fan.
So is Figment! She has always been disappointed there hasn't been a larger selection of HM merchandise available for sale. I do think a store would hold its own if one opens.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Thu 12, 2014 9:05 pm

Do they sell NBC stuff at WDW considering it doesn't have a ride presence there? I understand why it is sold here, considering normal HM is gone for almost 6 months of the year.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jun Fri 13, 2014 5:27 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Do they sell NBC stuff at WDW considering it doesn't have a ride presence there? I understand why it is sold here, considering normal HM is gone for almost 6 months of the year.
I don't remember ever seeing any. We are always hopeful that they will bring the holiday overlay to Florida. Or, maybe our first trek to DLR will be during the holidays.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Jun Mon 16, 2014 12:42 am

We went on COP tonight. In the last scene, I think the best way to describe it was "Granddad's dead, but his spirit's still here." It must have been a broken neck line/servo/hinge or something. His head was just bent down 90 degrees with chin resting on chest and not moving. The audio from him was a little creepy with that visual.

I told the cast about it as I left. They were unaware...
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 16, 2014 8:02 am

BenB wrote:We went on COP tonight. In the last scene, I think the best way to describe it was "Granddad's dead, but his spirit's still here." It must have been a broken neck line/servo/hinge or something. His head was just bent down 90 degrees with chin resting on chest and not moving. The audio from him was a little creepy with that visual.

I told the cast about it as I left. They were unaware...
Oh, that is so sad. I hope it had just happened and it wasn't something that they hadn't noticed for a long time! The show must go on ~ even if Granddad is taking a nap...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Mon 16, 2014 2:34 pm

It might have been a "We are aware of the problem and are working to fix it" scenarios. Low priority means it will get fixed when they get time.

BenB

Post by BenB » Jun Tue 17, 2014 12:02 am

Wizzard419 wrote:It might have been a "We are aware of the problem and are working to fix it" scenarios. Low priority means it will get fixed when they get time.
Possibly, but not these particular cast members. The way they acted and asked about it I could tell they were hearing about it for the first time. They weren't, uh, particularly mature though. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they don't rise up high enough on the "need to know" ladder.

Something tells me it doesn't take a long time to work your way up to "Gatekeeper on Carousel of Progress".
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Tue 17, 2014 12:58 am

I meant the park overall, since it isn't their job (with Disney's infamous labor practices) to check that stuff, that is a maintenance job.

Though I have a feeling getting placed in something like that is also low rank, harder to hurt someone, can't cost them money, and you can't crash the building. :D