All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Refurbishment News

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 14, 2013 6:47 am

Cardinals314 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Now that would suck if you were at a resort that hasn't been changed over yet and they have started a changeover which means you may not be able to use some rides' FP system.
Well Disney is planning to have full implementation of MyMagic+ and the new Fastpass system by December 1st. The refurbishment goes to November 15th, thus there will be only a half a month at most for people that can't use FPs for Peter Pan.
boilerbabe wrote:We have heard nothing about having MB's on our trip and we leave Dec. 2nd.
Have you registered online for the My Disney Experience, or something like that, I'm not sure of the exact website at the moment? Not sure if that would help as it wouldn't give you the Magic Bands, but it might allow you to obtain FP+ for Peter Pan or any other attractions that have removed the paper fastpasses? I would think you might be able to link them to your hotel key card?

GoldenBear
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by GoldenBear » Oct Mon 14, 2013 9:10 am

boilerbabe wrote:We have heard nothing about having MB's on our trip and we leave Dec. 2nd.
We arrive on Dec 7th and haven't heard anything as well.

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Chuckus95 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 9:36 am

GoldenBear wrote:
We arrive on Dec 7th and haven't heard anything as well.
We arrive Nov. 7 and just got notification RE: MB. Got all of our FP+ taken care of. Now, we just have to wait.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 9:56 am

We just got an email that we are able to do MB if we want to...I'm still debating on whether or not to totally dive in, but it is very tempting!

How easy was it is to get FP+ for the rides and days/times you want?

Chuckus95

Post by Chuckus95 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 11:40 am

Belle1082 wrote:We just got an email that we are able to do MB if we want to...I'm still debating on whether or not to totally dive in, but it is very tempting!

We were able to get days and times for our Nov. 7-11 trip for most anything that we wanted including TSMM. The only thing I don't like about the system is that it makes you get 3 FPs at a time. There were some times like the day we go to Epcot, that we didn't want 3, but the system makes you get three anyway.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 14, 2013 11:52 am

Chuckus95 wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:We just got an email that we are able to do MB if we want to...I'm still debating on whether or not to totally dive in, but it is very tempting!

We were able to get days and times for our Nov. 7-11 trip for most anything that we wanted including TSMM. The only thing I don't like about the system is that it makes you get 3 FPs at a time. There were some times like the day we go to Epcot, that we didn't want 3, but the system makes you get three anyway.
Could you change your FP to a different park at one of the kiosks or online if you decided to park hop later in the day?

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 12:02 pm

Amy wrote:
Chuckus95 wrote:

Could you change your FP to a different park at one of the kiosks or online if you decided to park hop later in the day?
From what I have seen so far I could not find an option if we decide to park hop, which I know we will.

pirateatheart
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by pirateatheart » Oct Mon 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Everythign i have seen says you can only make FP+ choices for 1 park per day (All 3 in the same park) even if you park hope. (Don't really understand why that is the case and maybe at some point it will change)

sfcaguy
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by sfcaguy » Oct Mon 14, 2013 12:15 pm

If you park hop, you might want to stop in to guest relations at your second park and see if they can do anything. From my last experience, it seems that sometimes they are able to "override" certain aspects of the system. Hope that helps.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 14, 2013 1:27 pm

sfcaguy wrote:If you park hop, you might want to stop in to guest relations at your second park and see if they can do anything. From my last experience, it seems that sometimes they are able to "override" certain aspects of the system. Hope that helps.
Ahh, so it wouldn't be as simple as going to the website or kiosk and changing the FP to another park. Good to know!

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Disney announced that Backlot Tour is going to have a refurbishment at the start of next year. The tour will close on January 5th and will reopen on March 2nd.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 3:50 pm

You might want to do it if they are going to start shifting rides over.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:Disney announced that Backlot Tour is going to have a refurbishment at the start of next year. The tour will close on January 5th and will reopen on March 2nd.
Wasn't that one of the attractions they had announced would probably be going away to make was for the new Star Wars land? I wouldn't think they would put 2 months of refurb into something that will be going away. I'm not complaining by any means, the Backlot Tour is a shell of it's former self :(

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 8:31 pm

isn't that what they did with rocket rods at DL... and the next day went out and torched the cars to pieces and buried them?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 14, 2013 8:49 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:isn't that what they did with rocket rods at DL... and the next day went out and torched the cars to pieces and buried them?
Really? Well, I suppose that should surprise me...but it doesn't :(
Last edited by Amy on Oct Mon 14, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.