DVC...Coming to the Poly!!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: DVC...Coming to the Poly!!

Post by DaRkNeSs » Aug Sat 31, 2013 9:29 am

cinderella75 wrote:I think instead of taking out the waterfall to put a bar. They should honestly downsize there shops. Think about it? How many shops on 1st floor and 2nd floor? All these shops basically sell the same things. You can also find them at the parks and downtown Disney as well. There maybe be things you cant find any where but the poly, so they should keep that. Guests would be ALOT happier to still see the waterfall. Who cares if poly has a few less shops in order to keep the waterfall?? :donald: :ccat:
I think that is a great idea yes take out some of those dang shops and keep the waterfall DANG IT!!! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Chuckus95 » Sep Wed 04, 2013 7:13 am

My wife and I were married at Sunset Pointe at the Poly. We had many pictures taken around the waterfall and the rest of the resort, so any changes will be upsetting to us. Especially, if, as I have seen on some drawings, Disney puts the over-water bungalows by Sunset Pointe. The view of the castle from Sunset Pointe is the main reason we got married there rather than another location at WDW. If that is obscured by the bungalows, we will not be happy.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Wed 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Chuckus95 wrote:My wife and I were married at Sunset Pointe at the Poly. We had many pictures taken around the waterfall and the rest of the resort, so any changes will be upsetting to us. Especially, if, as I have seen on some drawings, Disney puts the over-water bungalows by Sunset Pointe. The view of the castle from Sunset Pointe is the main reason we got married there rather than another location at WDW. If that is obscured by the bungalows, we will not be happy.
I am not in favor of any changes at the Poly. I know some people like the idea of these bungalows. Really?? Even for those who can afford it, bungalows like these in vacation spots around the world are over a crystal clear ocean that you can actually swim in...you can't swim in Bay Lake, it has microscopic creatures that can kill you. If they have to do anything because of dangers to the public such as asbestos, OK, but restore this iconic resort back to it's original state :evil:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 04, 2013 10:22 pm

But it is the Disney way (even going back to Walt) to rip off popular/successful products within your own company. The Poly is actually based off of the Coco Palms (a now closed) resort.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Wed 04, 2013 10:23 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
Chuckus95 wrote:My wife and I were married at Sunset Pointe at the Poly. We had many pictures taken around the waterfall and the rest of the resort, so any changes will be upsetting to us. Especially, if, as I have seen on some drawings, Disney puts the over-water bungalows by Sunset Pointe. The view of the castle from Sunset Pointe is the main reason we got married there rather than another location at WDW. If that is obscured by the bungalows, we will not be happy.
I am not in favor of any changes at the Poly. I know some people like the idea of these bungalows. Really?? Even for those who can afford it, bungalows like these in vacation spots around the world are over a crystal clear ocean that you can actually swim in...you can't swim in Bay Lake, it has microscopic creatures that can kill you. If they have to do anything because of dangers to the public such as asbestos, OK, but restore this iconic resort back to it's original state :evil:

AMEN!!!!

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Sep Tue 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Well today the addition of timeshares to the Polynesian was finally confirmed by DVC. It is expected to be completed in 2015. No other official details have been released about the construction. I would say that the talks earlier are going to be pretty accurate
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Sep Mon 23, 2013 9:13 am

I may actually consider buying in now......I've been waiting for this forever!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Sep Mon 23, 2013 12:36 pm

I've never been to the Poly so I'll probably wait for the renovations to be done before I visit. You can't miss what you've never experienced. :D
Image Image

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Fri 27, 2013 9:55 am

I really wish this wasn't happening. I love the Polynesian (obviously) and am concerned they may ruin the atmosphere. I REALLY hope they won't remove the waterfall feature. I also love the volcano pool and think it's perfect for the theme. I'm also not a fan of DVC (I don't think they room decor and theming is as good and I hate the exclusive pools).

I'm hoping this will be one of the things that they do a good job on (and then I may like it, except for the DVC exclusive pool), but I guess time will tell.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Oct Thu 10, 2013 12:06 pm

There has been some recent evidence that the name Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is coming back. There is a brand new sign by the running trails in the resort that has the old name.

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Thu 10, 2013 12:38 pm

how long is that trail?

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Oct Thu 10, 2013 2:13 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:how long is that trail?
The trail is one mile

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 10, 2013 2:37 pm

I once thought I could keep running the the road you see from the Monorail when traveling to MK, I found out you cannot! :( As much as I love the Poly, I love running the Boardwalk area.

The signs are interesting...didn't know they put up jogging trail signs?! That must be new?!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 10, 2013 8:09 pm

boilerbabe wrote:I once thought I could keep running the the road you see from the Monorail when traveling to MK, I found out you cannot! :( As much as I love the Poly, I love running the Boardwalk area.

The signs are interesting...didn't know they put up jogging trail signs?! That must be new?!
Maybe they put up new running trail signs for all the runners they now have coming to the various running events?

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Oct Thu 10, 2013 11:47 pm

The new signs are permanent. I believe there will be similar signs for other trails. They maybe already posted but I'm not sure