Contemporary Resort.. worth it?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

elfy18
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Contemporary Resort.. worth it?

Post by elfy18 » Jul Fri 19, 2013 7:48 am

Disney has yet to disappoint me in the amazement factor. I saw a picture of fireworks from the theme park view at the Contemporary Resort. Of course, now all I want to do is experience that same view. My question is, has anyone stayed in the theme park view at the Contemporary and actually seen the fireworks from their balcony? Is it worth the time/money to spend? I'm not a huge fan of fireworks and I always try to get out of the park before they start just to avoid the crowds to the buses, so I figure I could experience them from the comfort of a room, plus get an amazing view of MK while I'm there, if only for one night. Thoughts? :D

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re: Contemporary Resort.. worth it?

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Fri 19, 2013 11:00 am

I have never stayed at the Contemporary, but I heard that the park view is great. I have heard as well that the views from the 6th floor are as good as the views from the 11th since there are no obstacles in the way. You can easily walk back from Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary. Also, you can listen to the Wishes soundtrack on channel 20 in your room as the fireworks go off.

if you’re going to spend $400+ a night, you might as well spend 10% more and get the neat experience
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

elfy18

Post by elfy18 » Jul Fri 19, 2013 2:15 pm

Great, thanks for the info. It's something I've wanted to do for a while. Even if it's only once, I can still mark it off the Disney to-do list.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Fri 19, 2013 3:56 pm

You could look into renting DVC points and staying at Bay Lake Tower as well...if you didn't want to spend as much. DW and I stayed at BLT a few years ago with a "Lake View" and we loved it. Of course we didn't have a MK...but there are rooms with MK views as well.

All that said...if you have no problem spending more money...then go ahead and get the MK View room. Me personally...I'd rather spend it on food or merchandise since the view out of the room window isn't high enough on the totem pole for me.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Fri 19, 2013 3:59 pm

If you aren't a huge fan of fireworks in the park you might not be anymore impressed with them from your room, even if you had the best view out of any of the three MK hotels on the monorail line.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jul Sat 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Some friends have done this and they liked the room and the view. But I think if I had a choice I'd prefer a lagoon view from the Poly. Same fireworks benefit, but full-frontal view instead of sideways.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sat 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Even if you decide against a fireworks view room, doesn't the contemporary resort offer a walking path to MK? It could make staying in the parks to watch the fireworks a little less of a chore if you were watching near the train station and then just walked back (or even took the monorail) right when it ended.

elfy18

Post by elfy18 » Jul Mon 22, 2013 8:41 am

Yes, there is a walking path to MK and that would make it much easier getting back to the room than riding the bus to another resort. Thanks for all the responses. Since this is a one time thing, I think I will shoot for the stars and get a room with the MK view. Plus, I think my 3 year old would have crashed by the time the fireworks start and I could watch them from the window while she is sleeping (she isn't a fan of fireworks either. She doesn't like the loud noises and gets bored with them after a few minutes.) Or the two of us could watch them together from the room if she happens to be awake. Either way, I think it will be a great experience. Thanks again!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 22, 2013 4:14 pm

elfy18 wrote:Yes, there is a walking path to MK and that would make it much easier getting back to the room than riding the bus to another resort. Thanks for all the responses. Since this is a one time thing, I think I will shoot for the stars and get a room with the MK view. Plus, I think my 3 year old would have crashed by the time the fireworks start and I could watch them from the window while she is sleeping (she isn't a fan of fireworks either. She doesn't like the loud noises and gets bored with them after a few minutes.) Or the two of us could watch them together from the room if she happens to be awake. Either way, I think it will be a great experience. Thanks again!
That sounds like a great plan if you are able to swing the room rate. Hopefully you can find a good promotion going on for when you are going!

elfy18

Post by elfy18 » Jul Tue 23, 2013 7:35 am

Amy wrote:
elfy18 wrote:Yes, there is a walking path to MK and that would make it much easier getting back to the room than riding the bus to another resort. Thanks for all the responses. Since this is a one time thing, I think I will shoot for the stars and get a room with the MK view. Plus, I think my 3 year old would have crashed by the time the fireworks start and I could watch them from the window while she is sleeping (she isn't a fan of fireworks either. She doesn't like the loud noises and gets bored with them after a few minutes.) Or the two of us could watch them together from the room if she happens to be awake. Either way, I think it will be a great experience. Thanks again!
That sounds like a great plan if you are able to swing the room rate. Hopefully you can find a good promotion going on for when you are going!
Yes, I'm on the lookout for a promotion before the room is booked. If anything, I think I can get a AAA discount. More than likely this will be a split stay and I will only spend one night there and then move on to a value resort. :D