Imagination Pavilion News

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Re: Imagination Pavilion News

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Thu 23, 2014 9:40 pm

there will always be upgrades needed in all parks, at all times. Epcot just had a major refurb with Test Track, we may not be 100% thrilled about it, but it happened, that and they added the food booths to F&G festival. Those are 2 big changes. Do I wish they made the Imagination pavilion better of course, but as the saying goes, " Rome wasn't built in a day", but the smoky smell is fantastic! Epcot does need something to draw more crowds though, even if it was just a new country pavilion, they have plenty of space for that.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Thu 23, 2014 10:06 pm

While they could add more countries (if anyone wanted to pony up the cash), would the small space available for new countries be enough to be up to today's standards or would it be the boring-ass presentations that most/all of the locations have with dining establishments and a store that sells the same items you can pick up at a cost plus world market?

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Thu 23, 2014 11:27 pm

Add a ride for Canada! One was originally planned. There is a rumor about Norway updating their ride too.
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 24, 2014 1:07 am

The update, if they do it, supposedly will just be throwing references to Frozen into the attraction, probably no AA figures, similar to the addition of characters to Small world in DLR.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 24, 2014 9:15 am

jderoche5 wrote:Add a ride for Canada! One was originally planned. There is a rumor about Norway updating their ride too.
Do you know what attraction they had planned for Canada? I remember seeing a map recently that showed there is room for 9 (I think) more countries in the World Showcase.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jan Fri 24, 2014 2:29 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:While they could add more countries (if anyone wanted to pony up the cash), would the small space available for new countries be enough to be up to today's standards or would it be the boring-ass presentations that most/all of the locations have with dining establishments and a store that sells the same items you can pick up at a cost plus world market?
all they would have to do is build in the EP next to Germany and punch into the unused(mostly) show building there and install a 'KUKA arm on track' like WWOHP for travelling through Austrailia... or take both pads between germany and china and do Brazil 'a la amazon rain forest wireslide' themed indoor rollercoaster... the pads together are more area than UoE by my guesstimation, certainly larger than the american adventure show bldg

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 24, 2014 2:46 pm

They could... but considering the footprint needed for the ride and queue area, (comparing sizes to HP), you would have pretty much no walking area (or shops/dining), they can't do anything to the waterway between China and the open space because that's where everything is stored. Shows are cheap/easy, bad rides take up small footprints but get no action, but good rides not only need a huge space for the track, but also for that colossal waiting area they are going to generate. Since Disney doesn't allow switchbacks to be used too heavily in their queues, you end up with some pretty massive footprints. Looking at the map, Tower of Terror might actually have a waiting space larger than the actual ride. :D Indy apparently, Indy's full waiting area is a half mile long.

jderoche5

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Fri 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Amy wrote:
jderoche5 wrote:Add a ride for Canada! One was originally planned. There is a rumor about Norway updating their ride too.
Do you know what attraction they had planned for Canada? I remember seeing a map recently that showed there is room for 9 (I think) more countries in the World Showcase.
I believe it was supposed to be a river rapids ride, but that went to AK.....
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Tue 28, 2014 5:51 pm

There is a ton of space for countries still. I recently, wish I could remember where, saw a map and there is actually room for like 5 or 6 more. Especially that entire area known as the outpost.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 28, 2014 6:46 pm

There's room for countries, just not room for countries with good attractions. Most of the ones in the WS now are shippable since they aren't that interesting and (more importantly) are almost exactly the same as when they first opened.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Tue 28, 2014 6:59 pm

no, there was room for attractions as well. there is still room in Germany for one as well

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 28, 2014 7:29 pm

I said "Good attractions" not movies that are made once and played for 50 years. For a good attraction you usually need a decent sized ride, for a good ride you also are going to need a pretty good sized queue.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Tue 28, 2014 10:53 pm

I never said an attraction based on a movie. there are plenty of wonderful attractions that can be made...including good sized cues. there is so much room behind the main buildings of the world showcase. I am 100% certain they can make attractions that would be fun and still stay respectful to the country they would represent.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Nor did I, what I meant by movie attractions are the sh*tshow of things they have now, such as "Oh... Canada?", "Wonders of China", etc.

An E-ticket now, with queue and thematic space, would most likely take up the entire gap between Germany and the service inlet into the lagoon. Even then, if you could find any country willing to pony up the cash that isn't famous for human rights violations, you couldn't make them "better" than the other countries or then it would be viewed as a slap in the face. So their own 1980's design is also holding them back in the long run. Not that it is likely that any country will be added when you realize that the "newest" addition to the world showcase is almost at 30 years of presence at Epcot.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Tue 04, 2014 11:06 am

If any country in WS could afford to step it up it would be China...but they aren't doing anything.

Because of that I don't see any additions to WS or enhancements either. Spice Road Table at Morocco was really just a food expansion because food and alcohol sales are the easiest ways to make your money back.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)