Imagination Pavilion News

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Imagination Pavilion News

Post by dstrawn9889 » Nov Mon 04, 2013 7:09 pm

and since it is on da interwebs, it must be true...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Mon 04, 2013 7:20 pm

So it is the usual bulls*it? :D

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Nov Tue 05, 2013 1:01 pm

you know this, until disney releases it at a D23, or a sign is out front of the pavilion, it is all rumor

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Tue 05, 2013 1:06 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:you know this, until disney releases it at a D23, or a sign is out front of the pavilion, it is all rumor
Don't you wonder how these rumors get started? I mean, someone, somewhere has to originate the idea. And if it's someone who's not officially with Disney, what motivates such a silly thing?

Attention?

Helloooooooo.... are you listening to me? **snicker
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Nov Tue 05, 2013 2:25 pm

i originated it, i wrote a document out on WDW hotel letterhead and left it out for someone to read in my room... and that is how 'all your rumors belong me'

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Tue 05, 2013 2:43 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:i originated it, i wrote a document out on WDW hotel letterhead and left it out for someone to read in my room... and that is how 'all your rumors belong me'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 05, 2013 3:05 pm

cy1229 wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:i originated it, i wrote a document out on WDW hotel letterhead and left it out for someone to read in my room... and that is how 'all your rumors belong me'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now you're just being silly ~ and I like it! :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Tue 05, 2013 3:28 pm

This seems like it would be a fun game to prank the various news sites with false news coming out of WDW...

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Nov Tue 05, 2013 3:32 pm

kinda like the NTSB guy naming the pacific rim flight crew when that jet did a belly-flop out there in San Fran? http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-con ... 7/KTVU.jpg

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:This seems like it would be a fun game to prank the various news sites with false news coming out of WDW...
I bet you could come up with some doozies too! :lol:

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Nov Mon 11, 2013 8:22 am

I heard Disney is giving away a free oven mitt with every Dole Whip sold.... :shock: :goofy:

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Nov Sun 17, 2013 8:41 am

Captain E/O is just an embarrassment. But, we do enjoy the jumping fountain.

I just think Disney can do better than this-C'mon it's a world wide organization and they put a movie that's 30 years old in the park?!? It's stuff like that I can't understand. For instance, Soarin, You couldn't make a Soarin film for Florida-we have to see California on this side of the continent? Disney makes movies-that's what they do along with several networks!!! There should be a bunch of Soarins that randomly rotate like Star Tours. They have the Technology and the money but are just too "lazy" to do it. I understand the "Soarin is popular so why change it" mentality but that's just lazy and doesn't hold true with what I think was Walt's vision. Waltwas always cutting edge-never a sit around and draw profit guy!!

Off my soap box.....sorry :?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 17, 2013 10:01 am

rphillips14 wrote:Captain E/O is just an embarrassment. But, we do enjoy the jumping fountain.

I just think Disney can do better than this-C'mon it's a world wide organization and they put a movie that's 30 years old in the park?!? It's stuff like that I can't understand. For instance, Soarin, You couldn't make a Soarin film for Florida-we have to see California on this side of the continent? Disney makes movies-that's what they do along with several networks!!! There should be a bunch of Soarins that randomly rotate like Star Tours. They have the Technology and the money but are just too "lazy" to do it. I understand the "Soarin is popular so why change it" mentality but that's just lazy and doesn't hold true with what I think was Walt's vision. Waltwas always cutting edge-never a sit around and draw profit guy!!

I think it would be fun to have multiple movies for Soarin' as well. That would add to the excitement of "what are we going to see"! Star Tours doesn't really change for me because I am not familiar enough with the movies to notice the differences, unless they are really big ~ like a dessert vs. space or something.
I can see the draw of bringing Captain EO back...for a limited time engagement. It was fun to see it again after so many years. I had watched it when we first visited EPCOT in the 80's so it was sort of a cute nostalgic thing, but it wasn't something I wanted to see over and over on that trip though. I think we only went once or twice and we were there for about 2 weeks.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Sun 17, 2013 12:00 pm

rphillips14 wrote:Captain E/O is just an embarrassment. But, we do enjoy the jumping fountain.

The big reason they originally brought it back (supposedly it was only to be for a year) was because MJ had just died and they were trying to cash in (just like his family) on the fandom.

They could do Soarin' over Florida I guess, just imagine all those meth labs and the scent cannons blasting it in your face. :D

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Nov Sun 17, 2013 1:19 pm

I would gladly trade in the scent cannons for the freedom to have multiple Soarin's