Disney Springs News

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Disney Springs News

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Tue 09, 2013 6:08 pm

rusafee1183 wrote:I know it's a sore subject, but I would hope that they would bring back the Adventurer's Club in some capacity. There's been such an outcry from people... maybe now that they are rebuilding?
Possibly this is why the Adventurers Club building is still intact?? :shock:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 09, 2013 6:19 pm

Probably not since the parts have mostly been divided up and sent to DLHK for Mystic Point and possibly for their Adventurers club, props for Trader Sams at DLR, and other parks with the rest being sold off as surplus.

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Tue 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Most likely Disney will use the building for something new inside
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Tue 09, 2013 10:46 pm

they've brought the comedy warehouse back the past few Christmases to DHS, a comedy club would be great!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Tue 09, 2013 11:22 pm

Are the plans for DS to not have a "district" of tourist nightclubs? There are other locations that accommodate the need but they are more spread out.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 12:36 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Are the plans for DS to not have a "district" of tourist nightclubs? There are other locations that accommodate the need but they are more spread out.
From what I have been reading, Disney Springs will not have that many nightclubs or any at all. Universal has the adult nightlife covered and Disney has stated that they want a more family-friendly image.

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 10, 2013 6:19 am

yodiwan1 wrote:they've brought the comedy warehouse back the past few Christmases to DHS, a comedy club would be great!!!
We really enjoyed the comedy club. It was a really fun way to spend a few hours!

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Parking Lot H is now closed at Downtown Disney as part of the construction process for Disney Springs. Lot H is the large parking lot in front of Planet Hollywood and work will soon begin on the changes that will bring a new transportation hub area to the future Disney Springs.

Last edited by Cardinals314 on Jul Sun 21, 2013 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Cardinals314 wrote:Parking Lot H is now closed at Downtown Disney as part of the construction process for Disney Springs. Lot H is the large parking lot in front of Planet Hollywood and work will soon begin on the changes that will bring a new transportation hub area to the future Disney Springs.

I do hope they improve on the transportation system they currently have. The bus stops seem so crowded and you can wait forever for a bus to the resorts :(

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 10, 2013 5:51 pm

That is one of the reasons I didn't even bother going last time I was there. It took forever to get a bus there and even longer to get back once it started to get late.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Thu 11, 2013 10:25 am

It has been announced today that Cap'n Jack's Restaurant at Downtown Disney Marketplace looks set to permanently close on or around 17 August 2013. It was confirmed during the Disney Springs announcement back in March 2013 that the restaurant would be closed to make way for the new construction work.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Mon 15, 2013 10:50 am

Apricot Lane at Downtown Disney Pleasure Island is now closed. The clothing store which opened in August 2011 was the last retail store on Pleasure Island. The area will be used for development of Disney Springs

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Mon 15, 2013 2:24 pm

A major section of parking lot at Downtown Disney will soon be closing to begin work on the first of the two parking garages for Disney Springs.

The current plan calls for lots I, J and K to be closed on July 22 2013. Combined with the recent lot H closure, this will mean that all parking lots from Disney Quest to the Pleasure Island bus stops will be closed. Disney expects to be able to accommodate parking in the West Side and Marketplace lots on most days, but during busy periods, parking will be available for the first time off-site. The Team Disney corporate parking lot will be made available for guest parking, and a shuttle will transport guests between that location and the West Side. Team Disney is located directly across from Downtown Disney on the opposite side of Buena Vista Drive.

rusafee1183
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by rusafee1183 » Jul Fri 19, 2013 6:37 am

yodiwan1 wrote:they've brought the comedy warehouse back the past few Christmases to DHS, a comedy club would be great!!!
I have been to the comedy club twice, once when I was 17 and went with my aunt and uncle and it felt so 'illegal' that I was there. I remember DTD being like this adult only area that felt amazing and that I couldn't wait to be old enough to really go. And then once on my honeymoon in 2008. We thought we would have more time to see the AC, so we didn't go.

Annnd then they closed it all. :|

I am just annoyed that once I was finally 'of age' to enjoy all the nighttime stuff - they took it all away. We enjoy DTD, but it's just missing something for us. We go to WoD, EoS, maybe stop in at the art store and then we leave. It just feels SO disappointing to us. I wish they would add more interactive places again. A giant shopping district just doesn't do it for me.

Just my opinion, of course. ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 19, 2013 7:25 am

rusafee1183 wrote:
I have been to the comedy club twice, once when I was 17 and went with my aunt and uncle and it felt so 'illegal' that I was there. I remember DTD being like this adult only area that felt amazing and that I couldn't wait to be old enough to really go. And then once on my honeymoon in 2008. We thought we would have more time to see the AC, so we didn't go.

Annnd then they closed it all. :|

I am just annoyed that once I was finally 'of age' to enjoy all the nighttime stuff - they took it all away. We enjoy DTD, but it's just missing something for us. We go to WoD, EoS, maybe stop in at the art store and then we leave. It just feels SO disappointing to us. I wish they would add more interactive places again. A giant shopping district just doesn't do it for me.

Just my opinion, of course. ;)
I agree with you on the Downtown Disney needing some interactive elements to entice me to go there. It is nice to shop and all, but it isn't a huge draw for me. We pretty much only go to World of Disney and Earl of Sandwich too. Although we went to the Wolfgang Puck Express last time and that was pretty good as well ~ and an excellent value on the Disney Dining Plan.
I would love to see something similar to the Adventurer's Club open up again. We only went a few times but it was fun. I went to the New Year's Eve party a few times but it was only ok. It would have been more fun with more friends there I suppose. And the comedy club was fun ~ fairly clean entertainment and a nice way to relax after a day in the parks.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Disney Springs. I can't imagine we will spend much time there unless we move closer though. If we are spending the money to travel to WDW, we are going to spend time in the parks doing and seeing things there, not spending time at stores and other venues like movie theaters and bowling alleys that we can see at home, even if they are Disney-fied.