Disney Springs News

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Springs News

Post by Len90 » Jul Sun 21, 2013 12:10 am

Wow good to see the DS moving along with construction starting up. I do think with all the lot closures there will be major issues parking at DTD. We shall see over time though...
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

dsnymommy
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by dsnymommy » Jul Sun 21, 2013 5:51 am

Cardinals314 wrote:Apricot Lane at Downtown Disney Pleasure Island is now closed. The clothing store which opened in August 2011 was the last retail store on Pleasure Island. The area will be used for development of Disney Springs
:-( I was actually hoping to go here on our next visit. I saw someone recently with a shirt on that I really liked. When I asked her where she had purchased it, it was at Apricot Lane in Downtown Disney. We had never ventured over that way to shop with our son, but was going to run over there while he oohed and ahhed his was thru the large Disney store. I'm guessing that its not slated to reopen?

I'm also putting in my vote for better transportation. We were headed to an appointment at AKL during our last trip and thought that we had left enough time to wander the grounds for a while and grab some food when we left Port Orleans Riverside, which is a Downtown Disney Resort. In the end, we ended up being late to our appointment because of how long our total transportation time took.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 21, 2013 8:11 am

dsnymommy wrote:
Cardinals314 wrote:Apricot Lane at Downtown Disney Pleasure Island is now closed. The clothing store which opened in August 2011 was the last retail store on Pleasure Island. The area will be used for development of Disney Springs
:-( I was actually hoping to go here on our next visit. I saw someone recently with a shirt on that I really liked. When I asked her where she had purchased it, it was at Apricot Lane in Downtown Disney. We had never ventured over that way to shop with our son, but was going to run over there while he oohed and ahhed his was thru the large Disney store. I'm guessing that its not slated to reopen?

I'm also putting in my vote for better transportation. We were headed to an appointment at AKL during our last trip and thought that we had left enough time to wander the grounds for a while and grab some food when we left Port Orleans Riverside, which is a Downtown Disney Resort. In the end, we ended up being late to our appointment because of how long our total transportation time took.
I don't know if you would have any luck, but Apricot Lane has an online store ~ http://www.apricotlaneusa.com/ plus you can look for physical locations.
Hopefully the powers that be are listening ~ better transportation please!! :lol:

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Tue 23, 2013 9:04 pm

The first major demolition work is now underway, with the former Comedy Warehouse now being reduced to rubble. Construction crews are wasting no time getting to work on the former Pleasure Island area which has all venues now closed with the exception of Paradiso 37 on the waterside.

Last edited by Cardinals314 on Jul Wed 24, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 11:00 am

A new Downtown Disney guidemap is now available which shows some of the current and in-progress changes taking place in preparation for Disney Springs. You can see from the close-up on the map below that most of the buildings on Pleasure Island are removed. Also of note is that the map now indicates the closed parking lots and closed walkway to the east side of Saratoga Springs.

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Mon 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Here are some pictures of current construction of Disney Springs:

This is the bridge that will link West Side and the Marketplace.

The former site of the Rock N Roll Beach Club
Last edited by Cardinals314 on Aug Tue 27, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Mon 05, 2013 6:21 pm

I forget, is the trader sam's clone going to be in DS or at the Poly?

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Mon 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I forget, is the trader sam's clone going to be in DS or at the Poly?
As of now, the Trader Sam's clone will be at the Poly. It could be located back to Disney Springs

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Tue 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Parking lots I and J in Downtown Disney are closed for the parking garage construction.
Last edited by Cardinals314 on Aug Tue 27, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Tue 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Cap'n Jack's restaurant final operating day is this Saturday August 17th. The closing is part of the Disney Springs construction.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Wed 14, 2013 10:01 am

I had a reservation for Cap'n Jacks back in 2001...but decided to go to Rain Forest Cafe instead. It was December 30th...insane crowds...so we made reservations at both places to see which one would come first (there were 5 of us so we had to wait a while). Sad that I never got to eat there.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Wed 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Captain Jacks used to be Chef Mickey's a long long time ago, or am I wrong about that. Does anyone remember?
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Tue 27, 2013 10:58 am

Progress is being made on the bypass bridge in Downtown Disney that will link West Side and Marketplace. The bridge will be used by guests during construction on the current soon to be former Pleasure Island.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Aug Tue 27, 2013 1:18 pm

that isn't the route, it would be the flotsam moat(to keep crap from floating out into the lake) the path they are adding i would think is somewhere shoreside of these floats...

AHHHHH::::: edit::: the white pvc is showing the route in the upper pics.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Sep Wed 11, 2013 3:35 pm

This isn't exactly Springs news, but Disney Parks Blog has announced that four food trucks will be coming to Downtown Disney this fall. Each truck is themed to portray the essence of a different Disney Park. There are called: “Enchanted Fare” “The World Showcase of Flavors” “Superstar Catering” and “Namaste Café”