What is your favorite resort?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

rusafee1183
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

What is your favorite resort?

Post by rusafee1183 » Jun Sat 29, 2013 8:25 am

We have such a hard time deciding which is our favorite. It changes all the time!

Right now, we are in love with the Wilderness Lodge - but we also LOVE the Boardwalk area, but have yet to stay there. I feel like it would be my new favorite. :D

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: What is your favorite resort?

Post by Chernabog » Jul Mon 01, 2013 9:02 am

An obviously difficult question to answer! I will go with Beach Club. Walking distance to EPCOT, walk or boat ride to HS, The Boardwalk and Yacht Club are right there, Storm Along Bay, right in the middle of the resort, more or less, and great accomadations and terrific atmosphere!

GoldenBear
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by GoldenBear » Jul Mon 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Chernabog wrote:An obviously difficult question to answer! I will go with Beach Club. Walking distance to EPCOT, walk or boat ride to HS, The Boardwalk and Yacht Club are right there, Storm Along Bay, right in the middle of the resort, more or less, and great accomadations and terrific atmosphere!
Agreed, Beach Club is it for me as well. Great pool, great access to shops and restaurants (and mini golf!) being in the back yard of Epcot and only a 15 minute walk to Hollywood Studios, can't beat it!

sfein

Post by sfein » Jul Tue 02, 2013 7:38 am

Grand Floridian is currently my favorite. But then I haven't stayed at the Beach or Yacht Club so those could move up. I like visiting the Wilderness Lodge, but I haven't stayed there to compare the rooms with the Grand Floridian.

I really liked Animal Kingdom Lodge itself, but it falls behind GF because of its location. Too far from all the other parks making the bus rides seemed like they took forever.

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Jul Tue 02, 2013 8:37 am

My favorite Disney resort is The Beach Club. Love the pool, love the decor, love the rooms, love the beds, love everything! Second is Poly. I love the decor, the hammocks on the beach, and the resort is nice to walk around. I'm not crazy about the rooms however (the blankets are ew and I hate that the sink is inside the bathroom).

My fav on property non-dis hotel is The Dolphin. Best beds ever! It's pretty and has a nice pool and good places to get food. It's just a nice and relaxing resort.

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jul Tue 02, 2013 10:38 am

Mupsy90 wrote:My favorite Disney resort is The Beach Club. Love the pool, love the decor, love the rooms, love the beds, love everything! Second is Poly. I love the decor, the hammocks on the beach, and the resort is nice to walk around. I'm not crazy about the rooms however (the blankets are ew and I hate that the sink is inside the bathroom).

My fav on property non-dis hotel is The Dolphin. Best beds ever! It's pretty and has a nice pool and good places to get food. It's just a nice and relaxing resort.
Love the Beach club as well. Great decor, music, plus walking distance to Epcot and DHS.

My favorite would have to be Old Key West. I love the feel of this resort, laid back island style, the rooms are big and great food.
"now, bring me that horizon"

rusafee1183

Post by rusafee1183 » Jul Tue 02, 2013 5:19 pm

We only were able to stay at the BC for one night before we transferred to Bay Lake and we LOVED it. I was obsessed with buying DVC points at the BCV until we stayed at VWL and fell in love there too.

I wonder if every resort I stay at will become my new favorite. LOL.

lmnissen
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by lmnissen » Jul Mon 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Love the Beach club as well for the proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but I also like the themeing of Port Orleans Riverside. Usually do a split stay :)

TTA Traveler
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by TTA Traveler » Jul Mon 08, 2013 9:36 pm

I think the Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. I've never actually stayed there myself, but having window shopped most of the resorts I can safely say that it's the one which has impressed me the most. The lobby is amazing, and I know I'd spend a lot of my time lounging around there - which says a lot as I'm someone who hates being stuck in my hotel while on a vacation. Plus the boat ride is pretty cool!

Though I really do love the Pop Century!
.. now arriving at Space Mountain, Tomorrowland's gateway to the galaxy..

elfy18
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by elfy18 » Jul Fri 19, 2013 8:56 am

I like staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Pleasant walks from the room to the food court. The river is nice, but I haven't taken a tour of it yet or use the paddle boats. I also like the giant water wheel. Would love to stay at the Boardwalk someday. I like walking from Epcot to HS through the Boardwalk area.

elissa65
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by elissa65 » Jul Fri 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Value - Pop, but I have not stayed at Art of Animation yet

Moderate - Port Orleans French Quarter - beignets! and the boat to Downtown Disney

Deluxe - Animal Kingdom Lodge. Close to Animal Kingdom, but a distance from the other parks, but I just love the animals and atmosphere

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jul Sat 20, 2013 12:22 pm

I have stayed at about half the resorts and Beach Club still holds as my favorite for many of the same reasons mentioned. Concierge in Beach Club is the perfect formula. But even if you want a basic room, I can narrow it down to a specific room number: 2606. This room is at the top of the stairs on the second floor, but down the hall slightly so no traffic noise. No elevators needed but right next to the stairs if you have big luggage. Super convenient. It faces the garden between the Beach Club and the Villas, which is quiet. Also this room is larger than most, as it sits on one of the inner side corners. You get a double balcony. There are lots of these rooms on the inner corners with extra size, but the location is ideal.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 21, 2013 8:03 am

horizons1 wrote:I have stayed at about half the resorts and Beach Club still holds as my favorite for many of the same reasons mentioned. Concierge in Beach Club is the perfect formula. But even if you want a basic room, I can narrow it down to a specific room number: 2606. This room is at the top of the stairs on the second floor, but down the hall slightly so no traffic noise. No elevators needed but right next to the stairs if you have big luggage. Super convenient. It faces the garden between the Beach Club and the Villas, which is quiet. Also this room is larger than most, as it sits on one of the inner side corners. You get a double balcony. There are lots of these rooms on the inner corners with extra size, but the location is ideal.
I love that you not only have a favorite resort, but a favorite room! Sounds like a pretty perfect location :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Sun 25, 2013 4:31 pm

I like to be specific with my advice :)
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 25, 2013 9:47 pm

horizons1 wrote:I like to be specific with my advice :)
:lol: And you know other Disney fans that "get it" appreciate that very specific advice! :D