Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: What is your favorite resort?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Wed 04, 2013 9:57 pm

Chuckus95 wrote:1. Animal Kingdom Lodge
2. Yacht Club
3. French Quarter
Where are you staying on your next WDW vacation?

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Wed 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Amy wrote:
horizons1 wrote:I have stayed at about half the resorts and Beach Club still holds as my favorite for many of the same reasons mentioned. Concierge in Beach Club is the perfect formula. But even if you want a basic room, I can narrow it down to a specific room number: 2606. This room is at the top of the stairs on the second floor, but down the hall slightly so no traffic noise. No elevators needed but right next to the stairs if you have big luggage. Super convenient. It faces the garden between the Beach Club and the Villas, which is quiet. Also this room is larger than most, as it sits on one of the inner side corners. You get a double balcony. There are lots of these rooms on the inner corners with extra size, but the location is ideal.
I love that you not only have a favorite resort, but a favorite room! Sounds like a pretty perfect location :D
I really want to stay there one day, and I'm going to remember that number...thank you :goofy_bounce:

GoldenBear
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by GoldenBear » Sep Thu 05, 2013 11:05 am

horizons1 wrote:I have stayed at about half the resorts and Beach Club still holds as my favorite for many of the same reasons mentioned. Concierge in Beach Club is the perfect formula. But even if you want a basic room, I can narrow it down to a specific room number: 2606. This room is at the top of the stairs on the second floor, but down the hall slightly so no traffic noise. No elevators needed but right next to the stairs if you have big luggage. Super convenient. It faces the garden between the Beach Club and the Villas, which is quiet. Also this room is larger than most, as it sits on one of the inner side corners. You get a double balcony. There are lots of these rooms on the inner corners with extra size, but the location is ideal.
I am pretty sure I stayed in this room once!

The double balcony stretches around the corner around basically the entire footprint of the room, plus it has a great view for Illuminations.

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jderoche5 » Sep Sun 08, 2013 5:58 am

The Polynesian is my hands down favorite with The Beach club being a close second. At the Poly it feels like you actually on vacation when your away from the Parks. Great relaxing atmosphere and awesome drinks to boot!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

xtremenm
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by xtremenm » Sep Mon 16, 2013 11:57 am

Port Orleans French Quarter. Going to be staying there next week.

xtremenm
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by xtremenm » Sep Thu 19, 2013 1:22 am

I also enjoyed my stay at the All Star Music resort last year.

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Chuckus95 » Sep Thu 19, 2013 7:32 am

Sharonofwindham wrote:
2. Yacht Club
3. French Quarter
CBR in November for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. My wife (then girlfriend) and I stayed at CBR during our first trip to WDW together. It's not one of my favorites (it's probably my least favorite of all the resorts we have stayed at), but it holds a special spot in my heart. It is also a Host Resort for the Marathon, which influenced our decision to stay there, and we got a great AP rate on a preferred room.

Then, AKL in late May '14 for our son's second birthday celebration.

Not sure where after that. Probably YC, but we are waiting for our son to get a bit older so her can enjoy SB more.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 19, 2013 7:52 am

Chuckus95 wrote:
Sharonofwindham wrote:
2. Yacht Club
3. French Quarter
CBR in November for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. My wife (then girlfriend) and I stayed at CBR during our first trip to WDW together. It's not one of my favorites (it's probably my least favorite of all the resorts we have stayed at), but it holds a special spot in my heart. It is also a Host Resort for the Marathon, which influenced our decision to stay there, and we got a great AP rate on a preferred room.

Then, AKL in late May '14 for our son's second birthday celebration.

Not sure where after that. Probably YC, but we are waiting for our son to get a bit older so her can enjoy SB more.
What does the Host Resort moniker mean as far as the marathon goes? Special rates? Special transportation? Other perks?

Chuckus95

Post by Chuckus95 » Sep Thu 19, 2013 8:13 am

[/quote] What does the Host Resort moniker mean as far as the marathon goes? Special rates? Special transportation? Other perks?[/quote]

The main perks are a special rate and special transportation. We got a better rate with our AP discount and are renting a car, but we will use the special transportation to the race and back from the After-Party at Epcot.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 19, 2013 10:15 am

Chuckus95 wrote:
What does the Host Resort moniker mean as far as the marathon goes? Special rates? Special transportation? Other perks?[/quote]

The main perks are a special rate and special transportation. We got a better rate with our AP discount and are renting a car, but we will use the special transportation to the race and back from the After-Party at Epcot.[/quote]
Ahh, I see. From what I have gathered from blogs and posts, it sounds like the transportation is jam packed on marathon mornings, but I'm sure it it still nice to leave the driving to someone else before and after!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Thu 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Glad to hear so many great reviews of the Wilderness Lodge! My family and I will be making our first visit there on Nov. 2nd. Looking forward to a great trip!

I've stayed at many resorts and I feel like I've liked each of them for different reasons. Definitely looking forward to WL for the easy access to MK - by boat - and from there taking the monorail to EPCOT.
Love POFQ for the calm, relaxed atmosphere - away from the craziness!
Love Old Key West for the spacious villas! They are HUGE and have a beautiful balcony!
Loved the Grand Floridian when we got a surprise upgrade to the concierge floor for a three bedroom suite!

So many great hotels with different themes and atmospheres....I guess I better try them all! :-)

pirateatheart
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by pirateatheart » Oct Fri 11, 2013 7:23 am

I woud say Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. I've never actually stayed but we really want to some day!!! of the Resorts we have stayed at POFQ is our Fav!!! Just love that place and it size is Great!!