Long Lost Disney Friends Returning

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Long Lost Disney Friends Returning

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Fri 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Disney has announced that the 'Long-Lost Disney Friends' character meet and greets will be returning for a second run. This time, you can actually vote for the returning characters on the Disney Parks blog site:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ime-magic/
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Long Lost Disney Friends Returning

Post by sfein » Jun Fri 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Made my vote, but to honest, I would have preferred to be able to vote for a few of them. All should be at Disney. I think instead of a limited time, they should have a section where they rotate the characters listed permanently. Same number of CMs so no extra cost to the company.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Neat ~ that was sort of hard to choose just one...

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Fri 21, 2013 11:41 pm

I'm very disappointed in the list. They could have done much better with this. Half of the choices were already part of the Lost Friends week earlier this year.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Sat 22, 2013 6:42 am

As I see why people are disappointed, I also know that only a small percentage of people actually were there for the first long lost friends week. Whenever they bring them back, MOST of the guests will be new and will never even know they were out for a second time. Makes sense to me. Only us die hards will notice them out again, and maybe a few locals.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Jun Sat 22, 2013 10:05 am

Am I the only one who thinks the country bears are scary looking? I don't really want to go near any of them. Aren't Suzy and Perla at The GF all the time? I remember seeing them at 1900 Park Fare.
I voted for Clarice. I don't think I've ever seen her!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 22, 2013 10:45 am

Mupsy90 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the country bears are scary looking? I don't really want to go near any of them. Aren't Suzy and Perla at The GF all the time? I remember seeing them at 1900 Park Fare.
Yeah, the Country Bears are a bit grizzly looking ;) Who are Suzy and Perla? Are they the mice from Cinderella??
I think I voted for the Queen of Hearts and Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee....which now that I think about it probably wasn't a good choice as they usually are at the parks anyhow...or at least they used to be :roll:
Last edited by Amy on Jun Sat 22, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Sat 22, 2013 11:17 am

I have a bias for the character from Robin Hood. It was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Jun Sat 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Amy wrote:
Mupsy90 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks the country bears are scary looking? I don't really want to go near any of them. Aren't Suzy and Perla at The GF all the time? I remember seeing them at 1900 Park Fare.
Yeah, the Country Bears are a bit grizzly looking ;) Who are Suzy and Perla? Are they the mice from Cinderella??
I think I voted for the Queen of Hearts and Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee....which now that I think about it probably wasn't a good choice as they usually are at the parks anyhow...or at least they used to be :roll:
Yes Suzy and Perla are the mice from Cinderella. I know I've seen them many times when having dinner at 1900 park fare (when Cinderella and Prince Charming are out)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Mupsy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Yes Suzy and Perla are the mice from Cinderella. I know I've seen them many times when having dinner at 1900 park fare (when Cinderella and Prince Charming are out)
So they aren't really long lost friends either are they? Hmmm, seems like Disney isn't putting any more effort into this promotion this time around than they did the first time they had the "long lost" friends.

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Cub » Jun Sun 23, 2013 6:17 am

I voted for Louis and Dr. Facillier. I know you can see Dr. Facillier at the Halloween party, but I've never seen Louis out before. :mrgreen:
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥

rusafee1183

Post by rusafee1183 » Jun Sun 23, 2013 7:07 am

It's fun that they are letting people vote now, but at the same time - we were there during the last 'LLF' week and it was really disppointing. I never saw anyone. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know what the theme for our week was until I was home.

I think LTM is a great idea in theory, but they either need to make a game out of it being 'secret' or advertise more. It's just not working out IMO.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 23, 2013 8:11 am

Cub wrote:I voted for Louis and Dr. Facillier. I know you can see Dr. Facillier at the Halloween party, but I've never seen Louis out before. :mrgreen:
Is Louis the alligator? I guess I really need to watch some more recent Disney movies...
rusafee1183 wrote:It's fun that they are letting people vote now, but at the same time - we were there during the last 'LLF' week and it was really disppointing. I never saw anyone. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know what the theme for our week was until I was home.

I think LTM is a great idea in theory, but they either need to make a game out of it being 'secret' or advertise more. It's just not working out IMO.
I agree, some of the offerings are a bit too limited, or even sub-radar. There isn't much magic in having guests completely not know something is happening.

rusafee1183

Post by rusafee1183 » Jun Sun 23, 2013 9:18 am

Well, I just went and looked at the list - and yes... those are pretty disappointing selections.

If I had to choose, I would say Suza and Perla.

Deacon8luez
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Deacon8luez » Jun Tue 25, 2013 12:22 pm

THE POPPIN'S PENGUINS!!!!??? Oh heck yes!!! I love those guys. I won't even see the Marry Poppin's musical due to its lack of penguins.