Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: Long Lost Disney Friends Returning

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Wed 04, 2013 12:39 pm

How about "long lost Subsonic friends?"
Hi, guys. I just popped in for a few minutes to look around. It's been months since I've actually looked in on any of the mayhem around here. Hmmmm..... lots of new and interesting faces.
I'm having really bittersweet feelings about even posting this... on the one hand it feels great to feel like I'm once again part of it all, although fleetingly... but on the other hand I'm in anguish just knowing that I may not even get a chance to check back again for a while. *sigh*
Miss y'all!
:cry:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Mousekedude wrote:How about "long lost Subsonic friends?"
Hi, guys. I just popped in for a few minutes to look around. It's been months since I've actually looked in on any of the mayhem around here. Hmmmm..... lots of new and interesting faces.
I'm having really bittersweet feelings about even posting this... on the one hand it feels great to feel like I'm once again part of it all, although fleetingly... but on the other hand I'm in anguish just knowing that I may not even get a chance to check back again for a while. *sigh*
Miss y'all!
:cry:
I'm glad you could pop in, even if it is only for a moment. Rest assured we are continuing the mayhem in your absence! :mrgreen:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Wed 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Mdude!!! So nice to see you post, even if it's only a brief visit here, better than no visit!!! :D

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Wed 04, 2013 10:40 pm

I was wondering where ya'll been! hope everything is going well for you two!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Mon 09, 2013 7:51 am

Thanks, y'all. I'll try harder to pop in more often and take more of an interest in what's going on these days. :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Fri 08, 2016 1:16 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Thanks, y'all. I'll try harder to pop in more often and take more of an interest in what's going on these days. :D
(...the door slowly creaks open... Mousekedude carefully pokes his head in the forum... notices how long it's been since he was last here...)

Hello? Mayhem Marauders? Anybody here...? Anybody miss me...? Anybody even remember me...? :shock:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Fri 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Thanks, y'all. I'll try harder to pop in more often and take more of an interest in what's going on these days. :D
(...the door slowly creaks open... Mousekedude carefully pokes his head in the forum... notices how long it's been since he was last here...)

Hello? Mayhem Marauders? Anybody here...? Anybody miss me...? Anybody even remember me...? :shock:
:goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat:

MOUSEKEDUDE!!!!!

Where ya been? Have DEFINITELY missed you! Lots of people have been gone for a long time. Kind of a bummer, too. Glad to see you back.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 08, 2016 3:29 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:

:goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat:

MOUSEKEDUDE!!!!!

Where ya been? Have DEFINITELY missed you! Lots of people have been gone for a long time. Kind of a bummer, too. Glad to see you back.
Mousekedittos!! How are you and the lovely Mouseoholic? (It's been so long I had to go look up what her user name was :shock: :( )

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Sun 10, 2016 9:14 am

Hi, guys... and thanks for the welcome back! Life has been really crazy for us over the last 3 years, but things have settled down a little bit so that I can pop in now and then to monitor (and create... :twisted: ) the mayhem.
More updates to come... :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 10, 2016 11:11 am

Mousekedude wrote:Hi, guys... and thanks for the welcome back! Life has been really crazy for us over the last 3 years, but things have settled down a little bit so that I can pop in now and then to monitor (and create... :twisted: ) the mayhem.
More updates to come... :D
Yay!! :goofy_bounce:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Tue 12, 2016 8:29 am

Ok, so.... here's a brief synopsis: In the 3 years or so since I've been M.I.A. here, Mouseoholic and I have struggled with health issues, work issues, family concerns, and extremely busy lives... as most people do, of course. :roll: :wink:
Along the way, though, we've managed to take six cruises (all on Disney ships, of course) and hob-nob with Mouse and Friends at WDW for a couple of days before and after each cruise. We've become cruise junkies (as befits a proper Marauder, methinks...). We've sailed on the Dream 3 times, the Fantasy twice, and the Magic once. We would like to sail on the Wonder just so we can say we've been on all 4 ships in the fleet, but there haven't been any sailings available that coincide with where/when we want to go. Wait... I take that back... there was one we were going to take (actually did book it), but we had to cancel due to unexpected circumstances (long story).
All that having been said, we've actually been getting a little disillusioned with Disney lately. The cruises (and everything else) have been getting more and more expensive, yet the quality of service, food, etc. has been getting worse and worse. We're seeing this across the board with Disney. So we're not sure where we're at with them at the moment. You could say the "relationship" has become a little "strained."
Your thoughts...?

By the way, remember the Mickey Shadow Box? It's almost full now. Only one ear left to fill. But it's getting harder and harder to find pins that we don't already have, and we're not sure how many more times we're going to go back in the future (see "relationship" comment above... :shock: ). I'll try to post a good picture at some point. I can't right now, though, because we're remodeling and the shadowbox is covered up and inaccessible. :roll:
The remodeling project is another long story, filled with mayhem. Maybe I'll talk more about that later. :cry:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 12, 2016 2:38 pm

I don't think you are alone in your strained relationship with Disney. We have noticed the increase in prices, and decline in services as well. We still have a ton of fun when we go, so we aren't ready to give up yet, but I really hope they start turning some things around.
Looking forward to seeing the Mickey Shadow Box! :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Wed 13, 2016 11:16 am

Agree with Amy... my personal relationship with Disney isn't the greatest, either. It's like, we had a really good give-and-take going and now Disney just takes and takes without giving back as much as before, let alone more given the greater-than-inflation increased prices.

I mean, I have gone to DLR 2x in the last year (see trip reports viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10027 and viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10160) :shock: but even so, aside from taking the girls to Disneyland so they can experience it, I'm disillusioned. And, the girls would rather go to other National Parks and places they haven't seen than go back to WDW or even to DLR for their first visit. When a 17-year-old and a 21-year-old say that, something's amiss.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 13, 2016 2:51 pm

A big part of why you may be becoming disenfranchised is that most of these vacations are supposed to be once in a decade, or possibly in a lifetime, experience. Throw in that they are not able to make sweeping updates too frequently, and having multiple vacations there/at their properties is going to get dull. Prices, well, everything is going to continue to rise in cost, so that will sadly not change (short of finding a way to not have to pay for labor) and consumer products/services have an expected level of performance. Breaking even or having a small profit may not be good enough if there were smarter, more profitable uses for the resources.

Unfortunately, it won't be getting better (at least in terms of cost, at least).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:A big part of why you may be becoming disenfranchised is that most of these vacations are supposed to be once in a decade, or possibly in a lifetime, experience. Throw in that they are not able to make sweeping updates too frequently, and having multiple vacations there/at their properties is going to get dull. Prices, well, everything is going to continue to rise in cost, so that will sadly not change (short of finding a way to not have to pay for labor) and consumer products/services have an expected level of performance. Breaking even or having a small profit may not be good enough if there were smarter, more profitable uses for the resources.

Unfortunately, it won't be getting better (at least in terms of cost, at least).
It's not just frequency for us. Yes, we were fortunate enough to vacation at DL and WDW within the past few years, but our previous trip to WDW was over a decade before that. Every last time we visited there was something wrong with the reservation and we've never been able to sort it out in less than 3-4 hours. And the little things that used to always be quintesentially Disney ~ for example no light bulbs out, anywhere, no visible construction/painting in the parks during working hours, extraordinary cleanliness, extra perks for being a DVC/AP member, getting extra bonus coupons for mini golf, arcade when booking a package, just aren't there anymore. They might be trying, but not as hard as they used to. I really think they realize guests will come, no matter what. And even if they lose repeat guests, there will be others willing to pay just as much, or more, for a slightly less experience :(