Test track

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Test track

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 01, 2013 3:42 pm

captianbubble wrote:I used the hotel FRID card for designing the concept car.
Really? Just on your hotel key card? Interesting!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Makes sense since the data itself isn't stored on the card but rather it just uses an ID number to call up the data in the system so you may even be able to use other RFID cards/devices such as your mug, your room key, your office key, etc. :D

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Sep Fri 20, 2013 10:01 am

Wizzard419 wrote:That is one question I also had, with the cards used, do the guests return them at the end?
I'm pretty sure at this point the only people who are given a card are people who still have a paper park ticket- which I'm not really sure how it'd be possible. We had paper tickets from our last visit and they basically made us turn them in and get the plastic, credit-card like tickets. Your park ticket, whether the hard plastic or the new fangled wrist bands act as the storage device for your car.

As far as my impression of the ride I too immediately thought of the new Tron in the ride. I kind of feel like that somehow even though I'm fairly sure the track is exactly the same, they've made it feel shorter some how. A lot of the old maneuvers are still in there but with different environmental effects (i.e. ALBS test "BRAKING....NOW" is now "testing your prototypes handling in rough conditions" or something). They removed the actual "environmental rooms" though - no more hot/cold/corrosive. That's where I think the ride gets shorter, I think they just have your vehicle go straight through a dark corridor with a reflection off to the side of you in a digital wind tunnel. Kinda lame.

The ride itself was synced for the most part, though at one check point we definitely got some other car's results.

FYI- you generally don't end up designing a car that makes any sense. For some reason, my mini-cooper type car ended up with a "Fusion Powered Jet engine" or something and what appeared to be a nuclear submarianes conning tower and sail plane...because those seemed like the most efficient stat wise (not fuel efficient..but rather raw "stats" i.e. +4 power/Subtract noting vs +2 one area/-2 another etc.) It ended up looking like some weird amphibious vehicle.... yea....

CURRYAUDIO
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by CURRYAUDIO » Oct Tue 08, 2013 9:05 pm

I like the new look but the design area I think is a waste of time, but thats exactly what they want. Let time to feel like you are in line