Star Wars Land at HS??

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Star Wars Land at HS??

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 11:43 am

There have been some rumors lately that Disney is considering building a Star Wars themed area at HS or even doing its own theme park.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/bob-iger-hin ... 00782.html

If this does happen, which one do you prefer?

Also, what are some concepts that you would come up with for an area or even a park?
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Star Wars Land at HS??

Post by cousininmiami » Jun Wed 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Sounds interesting! With the incredible popularity of Star Wars weekends and how busy that is, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they capitalized on the Star Wars name even further.
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jun Wed 12, 2013 1:11 pm

Being somewhat unimaginative, I have a difficult time understanding how there's enough "there" with a fully independent Star Wars theme park. It fits in really well with the DHS idea of the magic of the movies so I think it would be a great addition to the themed area, maybe behind AA, with a walkway linking the two ends of the park together in a large oval (Disney, if you're reading, that's a humungous hint to get rid of the major bottleneck that is ToT and RnR!).
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

FadetoBlah
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by FadetoBlah » Jun Fri 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Im for it. they would expend either expand into the muppets area (im fine with this, its a bit dated even though I do enjoy it) or over into INDY. I think Indy is a great stunt show....would hate to see it go.

I think its obviously a good idea to expand star wars, huge fan base and its still very very popular.

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Jun Fri 21, 2013 4:33 pm

I have loved Star wars since it first came out - still got the VHS :lol:
As Disney now have control of the franchise it would seem to be a logical extension to create its own land in DHS. With the films scheduled for release over the next few years a simple money spinner with plenty of potential to appeal to both old and new fans alike.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Fri 21, 2013 4:50 pm

They would also have the benefit (unlike Harry Potter) of having a live franchise to lure more people into. Harry Potter was popular, but the series is done and children of that franchise's readers will probably want their own franchises rather than hand-me-downs (just like with movies).

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Fri 21, 2013 5:01 pm

There are rumors of a Mos Eisley cantina place in the works as part of the Star Wars area. That would be pretty cool

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Fri 21, 2013 8:25 pm

I am pretty sure there is already a thread about this right mods? its called Hollywood expansion rumor I think???
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Jun Fri 21, 2013 8:36 pm

That would be AWESOME to have A Star Wars land!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

rusafee1183
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by rusafee1183 » Jun Sat 22, 2013 7:21 am

I still haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies. I actally think that it will be really fun to watch them finally just as the park is opening up (IF it does)

But, I think I am way more excited if they actually follow through with the CARS land. I am sad if Muppets go, but could care less about LMA.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Sat 22, 2013 3:01 pm

What would be nice to get rid of is Backlot Tour. It is now a former shadow of itself.

rusafee1183

Post by rusafee1183 » Jun Sun 23, 2013 7:11 am

Cardinals314 wrote:What would be nice to get rid of is Backlot Tour. It is now a former shadow of itself.
I agree. DHS isn't our favorite, so I always think a facelift to the back of the park would be nice. After we do TOT, RNRC,TSM, and Muppets we usually head out for the day.

It will be nice to get a little excitement to the back of the park.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Wed 03, 2013 7:39 pm

A number of guests at Magic Kingdom recently have been asked by CMs do take part in a survey. The interesting thing is that the survey questions were mostly to get their thoughts about Star Wars and the idea of building a Star Wars themed “Land’ somewhere in Walt Disney World in the future. Interesting enough, a similar survey was being asked of guests in Disneyland several months ago. Nothing new is planned to be announced at D23 this year. I am guessing a possible announcement next year

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Always good to use the surveys since they don't have to pay for the feedback for most of them (there was a merch one that paid like $50).

I would never expect any big surprises out of D23 since shareholders always come first. D23 is more of an expansion on any announcements.

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Jul Thu 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Always good to use the surveys since they don't have to pay for the feedback for most of them (there was a merch one that paid like $50).

I would never expect any big surprises out of D23 since shareholders always come first. D23 is more of an expansion on any announcements.
We could possibly see more of the Avatar area for Animal Kingdom. Disney has been very quiet about that for a while.