All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: My Favorite Disney Walks

Post by rphillips14 » May Mon 27, 2013 5:54 am

My favorite walks are as follows:

1. At Port Orleans, waking up with my daughter Hannah and walking down to the snack area and getting breakfast. Very peaceful, nice and good family bonding time.
2. In the Magic Kingdom, I love walking under the right, front gate and then all of Main Street USA opening up to us. the smell of popcorn, the sounds of the band, the street view with the castle in the background...awesome!!
3. At Epcot, I too love walking off the bus and up to the entrance and hearing the music and seeing Spaceship Earth.
4. In Animal Kingdom, my favorite walk is through the Queue for Everest or Kali River Rapids. Either one really puts me in that Eastern mood.
5. In Hollywood Studios, when you walk in and take the first right toward Tower of Terror, at night. Really feels like old Hollywood to me.
6. In Ohana, I love the walk from the waiting area to your seat as the waitress calls you cousin, the music is playing and everyone seems so happy.
7. In Wilderness Lodge, I like to walk up and down the lobby and just look up-it's really beautiful.
8. Also in Magic Kingdom, I enjoy the walk to Tomorrowland because I especially love the music playing overhead for Tomorrowland.
9. I also enjoy walking around World Showcase at Epcot. The buildings, the smells, the people, the lake it's just all so wonderful!!
10. Finally, I love the walk from the upper terminal of the airport until I see the first Disney employee with a white glove waving. It's such a great, euphoric feeling.
Last edited by rphillips14 on Jun Mon 24, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » May Tue 28, 2013 9:36 am

I've been thinking about my favorite walks and have a hard time coming up with any specific walking routes that are my favorites. Certainly the fun feeling as you go into Tomorrowland, and the relaxation going from Canada ------> Mexico and all points between, are tops on my list.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » May Wed 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Walking around Disney World in general I love the atmosphere every where. Polynesian with a drink is a good idea, the walk around the world is very nice. I also like the back way to enter Epcot! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » May Thu 30, 2013 9:49 am

I'll add...if you are going to walk around the Poly...do it at sunset or right after sunset...so you can enjoy the tiki torches along the pathways.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

CCAS116
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by CCAS116 » May Thu 30, 2013 4:03 pm

I've always loved walking around the Ft. Wilderness campground near the cabins. Very peaceful!

:figment:

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Fri 31, 2013 5:37 am

One I've always wanted to do but never got around to is to walk down the patch that leads from the MK entrance out toward Grand Floridian. Obviously it is a dead end, but seems like the most secluded, private walk you could take at WDW.

I've noticed sometimes the path entrance, between the Boat Launches and the Resort Monorail entrance, is sometimes roped off and sometimes not. Not sure why they do that - probably so they don't have to sweep and empty trash?
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 31, 2013 7:35 am

horizons1 wrote:One I've always wanted to do but never got around to is to walk down the patch that leads from the MK entrance out toward Grand Floridian. Obviously it is a dead end, but seems like the most secluded, private walk you could take at WDW.

I've noticed sometimes the path entrance, between the Boat Launches and the Resort Monorail entrance, is sometimes roped off and sometimes not. Not sure why they do that - probably so they don't have to sweep and empty trash?
Our WDW brick is on that pathway so I try to walk down at least halfway, to our brick ;) each trip. The last time the path was indeed blocked off by picnic benches. The sprinklers were on and the path was slightly flooded in places. Not sure if that is why it was blocked off or not. I went anyhow though ~ had to check on our little piece of real estate! :D

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » May Fri 31, 2013 8:35 am

horizons1 wrote:One I've always wanted to do but never got around to is to walk down the patch that leads from the MK entrance out toward Grand Floridian. Obviously it is a dead end, but seems like the most secluded, private walk you could take at WDW.

Speaking of that walk towards the GF... I wonder why it was never completed? It would be a long walk for sure, but might be a nice walk or jog. I always thought it was weird that it was a dead end!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » May Fri 31, 2013 11:15 am

cousininmiami wrote:

Speaking of that walk towards the GF... I wonder why it was never completed? It would be a long walk for sure, but might be a nice walk or jog. I always thought it was weird that it was a dead end!
I want to say that is where boats can go in and out for repair and maybe even where the water light parade floats are.

I almost got a buddy of mine to propose to his girlfriend (now wife) at one of those benches down that pathway. He ended up proposing before they went to WDW.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » May Fri 31, 2013 9:47 pm

That's my fav walk to see people try to do and only once they reach the dead end do they realize they walked all that way for nothing (is it mean that I kind of enjoy that?) lol

As for my fav walk to do - the walk around the boradwalk/beachclub area. It's so nice especially early in the morning and at night.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Sat 01, 2013 1:16 pm

From the Tiki Room to the Dole Whip stand. :lol: :goofy:

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jun Sat 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Amy wrote:I like the walk from the Disney resort bus stops to the EPCOT main entrance. There is something so cool about coming around the corner and seeing Spaceship Earth :D And the plants have a distinct smell in that area it seems...
This is exactly the same walk I love. During my trip in 2010 Epcot was the first Park to see and when I left the bus and walked to the main Entrance I had that amazing feeling. In the background they played the main theme music of Ellen's Energy Adventure and I know that I am at "home" right now.

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Jun Sat 01, 2013 6:35 pm

My favorite walk is the morning walk from our room in the Alligator Bayou, winding through the lush growth, following the paths across the bridge, past the swimming pool, and over to the Old Mill Food Court. I wish I was walking there right now.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Tue 04, 2013 1:49 am

theBIGyowski wrote:
cousininmiami wrote: Speaking of that walk towards the GF... I wonder why it was never completed? It would be a long walk for sure, but might be a nice walk or jog. I always thought it was weird that it was a dead end!
I want to say that is where boats can go in and out for repair and maybe even where the water light parade floats are.

I almost got a buddy of mine to propose to his girlfriend (now wife) at one of those benches down that pathway. He ended up proposing before they went to WDW.
You are right, BIG. The Water Pageant barges are docked back there. My cynical side thinks they only created the path to sell more bricks and never intend to have a walk to Grand Floridian.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jun Tue 04, 2013 7:48 am

horizons1 wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:
cousininmiami wrote: Speaking of that walk towards the GF... I wonder why it was never completed? It would be a long walk for sure, but might be a nice walk or jog. I always thought it was weird that it was a dead end!

You are right, BIG. The Water Pageant barges are docked back there. My cynical side thinks they only created the path to sell more bricks and never intend to have a walk to Grand Floridian.
It's too bad really because I can think of many possibilities for guests to enjoy a walkway between GF and MK as well as to make money for Disney! How about carriage rides from the GF...I am sure many would pay for that luxury, or at the very least a jogging trail would be beautiful!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°