My Favorite Disney Walks

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

L3PCT
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Re: My Favorite Disney Walks

Post by L3PCT » Jul Sat 19, 2014 5:21 pm

right now I'd like to be walking under the train at the main entrance of magic kingdom ... the music and the excitement!!! :ccat:

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jul Sat 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Another favorite walk of mine and my families is at hilton head island resort to walk that resort is great quiet and peaceful, a completely different pace from WDW!! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

aboden

Post by aboden » Jul Wed 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Mine is a particular place and time, Future World during closing time. No one there and if you're on one of the sides very quiet.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 23, 2014 9:01 pm

aboden wrote:Mine is a particular place and time, Future World during closing time. No one there and if you're on one of the sides very quiet.
So pretty and great music to boot!

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jul Sat 26, 2014 7:46 pm

When I was a DVC member my favorite walk was from my home resort, The Boardwalk, to The Gateway entrance into EPCOT. Walking down by the water and watching the Friendship boats go by. I dream of being back there one day.

aboden

Post by aboden » Jul Sun 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:When I was a DVC member my favorite walk was from my home resort, The Boardwalk, to The Gateway entrance into EPCOT. Walking down by the water and watching the Friendship boats go by. I dream of being back there one day.
You know what's strange, I stayed there during the CM preview and never went to the parks during that time. Dunno why because my mom had her main gate pass and everything. Lovely area though.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 27, 2014 7:33 pm

aboden wrote:
Sharonofwindham wrote:When I was a DVC member my favorite walk was from my home resort, The Boardwalk, to The Gateway entrance into EPCOT. Walking down by the water and watching the Friendship boats go by. I dream of being back there one day.
You know what's strange, I stayed there during the CM preview and never went to the parks during that time. Dunno why because my mom had her main gate pass and everything. Lovely area though.
I could never be that close and not go in! Especially if I had tickets!!

aboden

Post by aboden » Jul Sun 27, 2014 8:02 pm

Amy wrote:I could never be that close and not go in! Especially if I had tickets!!
lol it wasn't like we didn't go every other time :-) I think CMs only had a one night stay so we showed up, went to the boardwalk where several of her coworkers were meeting then we left the next morning. You do get kinda spoiled living next to it and always having passes.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 28, 2014 6:30 am

aboden wrote:
Amy wrote:I could never be that close and not go in! Especially if I had tickets!!
lol it wasn't like we didn't go every other time :-) I think CMs only had a one night stay so we showed up, went to the boardwalk where several of her coworkers were meeting then we left the next morning. You do get kinda spoiled living next to it and always having passes.
Ah, ok, I see. I just have that live 17 hours away mentality I suppose :lol:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Tue 29, 2014 9:01 am

Amy wrote:
aboden wrote:Mine is a particular place and time, Future World during closing time. No one there and if you're on one of the sides very quiet.
So pretty and great music to boot!
I remember twice having late ADRs in EPCOT and after dinner pretty much having the park to ourselves. Future World is so peaceful at night when no one is there and you can take in the sights and sounds. Kind of like when you get into MK at rope drop and go straight to Frontierland to enjoy the peaceful morning instead of trying to hit the E-ticket attractions like everyone else.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Tiger87
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Tiger87 » Oct Sun 12, 2014 12:20 pm

Walking the World Showcase at night

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Mon 13, 2014 8:54 am

That's a great one! I also like World Showcase at closing when most have already left.

Although I'd have to say my two favs...

that first walk down Mainstreet in the morning...there is nothing like it!
Secondly, my fav walk would be Early Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom...walking to my fav coffee cart, grabbing a delish latte and a little treat....and walking through the Asia area with the mist coming off of the water and that early morning disney world smell that I know you all know what I'm talking about! it's the BEST!

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Oct Fri 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Go with me here: If you've got an annual pass or a park-hopper ticket, you can make it on foot (including a monorail ride) from Space Mountain to Star Tours, and you can throw in a stop at La Cava de Tequila in Epcot and the Belle Vue Room at the Boardwalk along the way. That's my favorite walk in WDW.

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Oct Fri 17, 2014 2:31 pm

Belle1082 wrote:Secondly, my fav walk would be Early Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom...walking to my fav coffee cart, grabbing a delish latte and a little treat....and walking through the Asia area with the mist coming off of the water and that early morning disney world smell that I know you all know what I'm talking about! it's the BEST!
Great one!

duggett
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by duggett » Oct Tue 21, 2014 8:39 am

I like walking from the Yacht Club in through the "back entrance" to Epcot World Showcase. It seems like a much better "approach" to the historic countries by strolling along the river lined with trees, rather than across the rather sterile and overly modern and concrete entrance from Future World. It also feels like you are "sneaking in", which adds a bit of thrill to the stroll.