My Favorite Disney Walks

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: My Favorite Disney Walks

Post by theBIGyowski » Jun Tue 04, 2013 9:29 am

I wonder if they will install some kind of bridge once the VGF are complete and in full swing. With MK being only one Monorail stop away from GF I don't see there being any demand as far as that goes. However, at the end of the day, it's a long ride on the Monorail to get from MK to GF and a walkway would be nice. Similar to how a lot of parents with kids just walk from the Contemporary to MK in the mornings...then ride the Monorail back later in the day.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » Jun Tue 04, 2013 10:28 am

My favorite walk inside the park is the Pangani Forest Trail in the Animal Kingdom. My favorite walk outside the park is making a lap or two around Coronado Springs.
April, 1998 Coronado Springs
April, 2001 Coronado Springs
January, 2004 All-Star Sports
July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
April, 2006 Pop Century
December, 2006 All-Star Sports
March, 2008 All-Star Movies
April, 2009 All-Star Music
August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort
August, 2014 Off Property - Caribe Royale

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Jun Tue 04, 2013 1:06 pm

SimonTemplar wrote:My favorite WDW walk is taking the paved path from Fort Wilderness to the Wilderness Lodge. If you take a normal pace it's probably a 10-15 minute walk. Depending on the time of year, you often have the path almost to yourself and it can feel like you are miles and miles from anyone.
I am right there with you. I also enjoy the walk from the Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness around the lake via the path that starts right beside the bike barn at the WL. This is also part of my favorite run at WDW. I start at the WL, run to FW, take the main road stratght back to the FW check in area, do a lap around the parking lot and then back to the WL. A couple of those in the early morning is a really nice run.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jun Thu 06, 2013 6:45 pm

SimonTemplar wrote:My favorite WDW walk is taking the paved path from Fort Wilderness to the Wilderness Lodge. If you take a normal pace it's probably a 10-15 minute walk. Depending on the time of year, you often have the path almost to yourself and it can feel like you are miles and miles from anyone.
One of my favorites as well...even though I have done it on two wheels instead of two feet. We rent bikes at the marina in Ft. Wilderness...this is such a gorgeous path & so peaceful :nemo:

rusafee1183
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by rusafee1183 » Jun Sun 23, 2013 9:32 am

My favorite relaxing walks are along the water from DHS to the Boardwalk, and walking around Wilderness Lodge.

And of course, the BEST walk at Disney is 'walking right down the middle of Main Street USA' :)

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Jun Mon 24, 2013 8:04 pm

My favorite is The Maharajah Jungle Trek at Animal Kingdom
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

rusafee1183

Post by rusafee1183 » Jun Tue 25, 2013 7:06 pm

cccmouse wrote:
I am right there with you. I also enjoy the walk from the Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness around the lake via the path that starts right beside the bike barn at the WL. This is also part of my favorite run at WDW. I start at the WL, run to FW, take the main road stratght back to the FW check in area, do a lap around the parking lot and then back to the WL. A couple of those in the early morning is a really nice run.
I can't wait to do this one myself. I would like to start running more when I am at Disney. I am a horrible runner, but the path from WL to FW may just do the trick to motivating me :D

L3PCT
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by L3PCT » Aug Tue 27, 2013 12:30 pm

I like the walkway in and throughout United Kindom's gardens in Epcot and the walkway from the main building of Wilderness Lodge down to the villas :)

L3PCT

Post by L3PCT » Aug Tue 27, 2013 12:34 pm

I also like from the contemporary resort and Magic Kingdom

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Tue 27, 2013 5:24 pm

I love walking from the Mexico pavilion to the back of TT, passing over the water, seeing and hearing the Monorail pass overhead and hearing TT and people screaming! I can hear it now!!!

Chuckus95

Post by Chuckus95 » Aug Thu 29, 2013 6:51 am

1. From the Poly Monorail station to Sunset Pointe (which is where I got married)
2. Around World Showcase

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Fri 30, 2013 8:48 am

From the Boardwalk (or Yacht and Beach Club) to DHS, the walk by the water way and seeing the TOT as you get closer. The view and the walk never gets old.

redstomr63
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by redstomr63 » Aug Fri 30, 2013 12:29 pm

I would have to say walking from Fantasyland through Cinderella's Castle at night to look down on Main Street is a pretty impressive walk, around EPCOT in general, and the walk from the Contemporary to MK are three of my favorites.

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Aug Sat 31, 2013 6:30 pm

By far my favorite walk is across the bridge slowly climbing the small incline to see the tree of life at AK which is where I proposed to my wife! Happiest day of my life besides the day my son arrived! :goofy_bounce:

My favorite walk outside a park would be arriving at Poly and stepping into the lobby seeing the waterfall and the smell WOW we are in Disney I say to myself!! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Sep Sun 01, 2013 12:16 pm

One of my favourite walks is from the car park to the ferry on the very first day of our holiday.

EXCITEMENT RISING WITH EVERY STEP :D :D :D