50th Birthday at WDW

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

50th Birthday at WDW

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Wed 27, 2013 11:53 am

I turn 50 this summer, and will be at WDW at the same time. I couldn't get Chef's Table at V&A, and I've eaten lots of places on property. I hear rumors of other chef's tables, but am having trouble pinning them down. :?:

Any ideas? Other special dining experiences I should look into? Special seating options? Money is, unfortunately, limited, otherwise I'd simply book one of the wedding spaces (Attic Room at the Boardwalk, for instance) and have a whole dinner set up...but I'm thinking more along the lines of one of the existing options.

Help? I'm already hitting the whole mid-life crisis thing, and at least thinking about this trip, and planning, is helping!

Ideas, folks? :idea:
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: 50th Birthday at WDW

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 27, 2013 12:00 pm

I would suggest thinking of your favorite restaurant at WDW, calling them and asking if they have any special dining options for a 50th birthday celebration. That way you get to dine at your favorite restaurant, and find out whether or not they have something special to offer. If they don't, you could always ask if they have any suggestions. I'm thinking nothing would be more expensive than the chef's table at V&A, so you should be fine on cost anywhere else. Maybe one of the current cast members will have some good suggestions as well!
My oldest brother turned 50 last year and he is still kicking along just fine ;) He still runs Ironman triathlons and speed skates competitively, so he is a good example of age not slowing you down :D

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Wed 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Ha! I feel like I've aged 20 years in the last two! Driving a desk as an administrator started that slide, I think. I need to diet, exercise, be good, etc etc etc. I played volleyball until I was 47, but knees, back, arms, joints, can only take so much!

Good idea about calling the restaurants! I'll see what I can find, and report back here if I find anything neat or unusual.

Narccossee's and California Grill did a very nice job for my parents' 60th anniversary in December, but the Grill will be closed for rennovations.

Then again, I have seen cupcake crawls, beers of the world tours, etc. Maybe I'll just do a day-long chocolate crawl, starting and ending at Ghiardelli's... :wave:
UncleScrooge477

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Wed 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Kouzzina and Citrico's both have a chef table. And V&A'S Queen Victoria Room is a brilliant- if not better- alternative to their chef table, it's the same price and menu in a way more intimate setting.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 27, 2013 9:05 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Ha! I feel like I've aged 20 years in the last two! Driving a desk as an administrator started that slide, I think. I need to diet, exercise, be good, etc etc etc. I played volleyball until I was 47, but knees, back, arms, joints, can only take so much!

Good idea about calling the restaurants! I'll see what I can find, and report back here if I find anything neat or unusual.

Narccossee's and California Grill did a very nice job for my parents' 60th anniversary in December, but the Grill will be closed for rennovations.

Then again, I have seen cupcake crawls, beers of the world tours, etc. Maybe I'll just do a day-long chocolate crawl, starting and ending at Ghiardelli's... :wave:
My brother drives a desk too, but has been super focused on health for many years. It provides excellent stress relief from his job and other challenging aspects of life with great health benefits too. I guess my life isn't stressful enough as I still don't exercise enough or eat as healthy as he does :lol: My other brother lives in Cali and climbs mountains on his weekends so he is at least one up on me as well!
Bummer about the California Grill ~ I imagine the view from there is spectacular at night :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Kouzzina and Citrico's both have a chef table. And V&A'S Queen Victoria Room is a brilliant- if not better- alternative to their chef table, it's the same price and menu in a way more intimate setting.
Have you had a chance to try any of those yet Soarin'? Do they offer CM discounts for the really fancy meals?

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Apr Wed 03, 2013 11:31 am

Quick Update - I was able to book the Chef's Domain at Citrico's. I will try to update everyone after the trip in June. Now to make Blue Bayou reservations for Disneyland in May. And see if I can find anyone to get me into Club 33 too!
UncleScrooge477

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Apr Wed 03, 2013 11:32 am

Oh yeah - DDR rep said the chef's table at Kouzzina will be going away, if not already ended. Note that this MAY ONLY BE RUMOR. I did NOT confirm this anywhere anyhow.
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 03, 2013 3:03 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Quick Update - I was able to book the Chef's Domain at Citrico's. I will try to update everyone after the trip in June. Now to make Blue Bayou reservations for Disneyland in May. And see if I can find anyone to get me into Club 33 too!
Congrats! If you find someone than can get you into Club 33, let them know I'll pay double if they can get me in too ;)

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Apr Wed 03, 2013 8:56 pm

One never knows, Amy - but I'm NOT holding my breath on this one. But, as they say, my friend's uncle's sisters twin half-unicorn step-beast in-law once knew a guy at work whop was a club 33 member...or I guess I can just bullrush the door and hope no one notices...
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 04, 2013 7:56 am

UncleScrooge477 wrote:One never knows, Amy - but I'm NOT holding my breath on this one. But, as they say, my friend's uncle's sisters twin half-unicorn step-beast in-law once knew a guy at work whop was a club 33 member...or I guess I can just bullrush the door and hope no one notices...
:lol: Good luck! :lol:

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Apr Fri 05, 2013 10:07 am

Maybe if I wear my tux and just sort of mope around the door they will take pity and let me in...but it looks like we'll be blowing the budget at WDW and Citrico's in June, so probably better if I don't get in at Club 33! And just found out I have a second conference in August at WDW, so it is a 3 for 3 year. And if you take on the Dec dinner visit for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary...WOW..
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 05, 2013 4:36 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Maybe if I wear my tux and just sort of mope around the door they will take pity and let me in...but it looks like we'll be blowing the budget at WDW and Citrico's in June, so probably better if I don't get in at Club 33! And just found out I have a second conference in August at WDW, so it is a 3 for 3 year. And if you take on the Dec dinner visit for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary...WOW..
Wow! That's a lot of Disney trips ~ you lucky Duck you! :donald:
I'm guessing dressing up and loitering probably isn't going to get either of us into Club 33 :( But I think you are going first, so you could try and if it works, I can dust off my finest bridesmaid dress ~ fanciest dress I own, sad but true :lol:

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Apr Tue 09, 2013 8:34 am

Well, my line of work requires suits, tuxedos, scuba gear, weekends in Monte Carlo, answering phone calls from "M", driving cool cars, and so forth. I just can't discuss on an open forum what I actually DO as a job for MI6. Rats - that got out...
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 09, 2013 10:58 am

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Well, my line of work requires suits, tuxedos, scuba gear, weekends in Monte Carlo, answering phone calls from "M", driving cool cars, and so forth. I just can't discuss on an open forum what I actually DO as a job for MI6. Rats - that got out...
:lol: Please don't kill us :shock:
;) :lol: