Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: New Haunted Mansion Merch

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Although the HM rides get no merchandise love. In Paris not a thing to be had for Phantom Manor. Not even a pin. I was so disappointed.
And oddly enough with the PM, the audio for the ride-thru with narration has been released on an american CD but not a DLP released CD. I think the music only track on a CD was longer on an american CD than a DLP CD. I did not understand why the PM seems to get no merchandise love over there; which is especially odd as the PM seems to be very popular ride over there... :?:
It actually was released, but only in an early CD if I recall. They learned fast that albums do not sell that well.
And I'm guessing it is even harder to sell a CD now. I wonder if some people even bother anymore with so much being available for download?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Mon 04, 2013 11:01 pm

It's a weird thing, so it is harder to sell any music in physical form, even more when it's park stuff (for example, you could buy the 50th anniversary album for about 5 years after they released it and I think they just gave up after that, and it took almost 10 years to give up on HMH) but when they do ultra small pressings of albums for car's land and carthay circle, they can sell out and be stuck with a smaller inventory. Plus side, less risk of being stuck with unsold copies, downside is that they will have missed sales.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Mon 04, 2013 11:52 pm

Amy wrote:And I'm guessing it is even harder to sell a CD now. I wonder if some people even bother anymore with so much being available for download?
I buy CD's. If there's a band I really enjoy, I like to support them any way possible.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Tue 05, 2013 11:47 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:
Amy wrote:And I'm guessing it is even harder to sell a CD now. I wonder if some people even bother anymore with so much being available for download?
I buy CD's. If there's a band I really enjoy, I like to support them any way possible.
I buy CD's as well, because we put them on multiple computers, make playlists, load them to multiple mp3 players in our family, and rearrange them all the time. Besides, my car has a CD player but no USB port, so if I want to listen to my own music, I have to burn to cd's to play in the car. I do have this little thingamabob that plugs into the 12V outlet (in my day we called it a cigarette lighter, but the lighter part is not included in most cars any longer!) and then broadcasts a low wattage radio signal to the car's radio. The only problem with that is when we get close to another city we often have to change the frequency of the broadcast.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 05, 2013 11:52 am

Wizzard419 wrote:It's a weird thing, so it is harder to sell any music in physical form, even more when it's park stuff (for example, you could buy the 50th anniversary album for about 5 years after they released it and I think they just gave up after that, and it took almost 10 years to give up on HMH) but when they do ultra small pressings of albums for car's land and carthay circle, they can sell out and be stuck with a smaller inventory. Plus side, less risk of being stuck with unsold copies, downside is that they will have missed sales.
Sounds about right!
cy1229 wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:
I buy CD's as well, because we put them on multiple computers, make playlists, load them to multiple mp3 players in our family, and rearrange them all the time. Besides, my car has a CD player but no USB port, so if I want to listen to my own music, I have to burn to cd's to play in the car. I do have this little thingamabob that plugs into the 12V outlet (in my day we called it a cigarette lighter, but the lighter part is not included in most cars any longer!) and then broadcasts a low wattage radio signal to the car's radio. The only problem with that is when we get close to another city we often have to change the frequency of the broadcast.
You and Tiki are some of the exceptions I'm thinking. I know some of my younger students don't know what CDs are. All music exists on the computer for them. I have a charger/transmitter for my car too cy1229 ~ Love it because it lets me listen to Subsonic through my car speakers instead of my phone's speakers. Much better :D The station I use seems to work through my normal daily travel area but it is easy to switch if I need to.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Mar Tue 05, 2013 2:59 pm

I buy CDs for the car. Then I load them to iTunes to transfer to my iPod.

I tend to keep albums on repeat whilst driving. :)

I actually need a record player. YES I KNOW WHAT THAT IS. :lol:

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Wed 06, 2013 12:08 am

I have a tape cassette player as well......which reminds me I need to get some new (old) cassettes at some point.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 06, 2013 9:08 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:I have a tape cassette player as well......which reminds me I need to get some new (old) cassettes at some point.
My car is old enough that I have a CD/cassette player in it :D Comes in handy because I used to tape the attractions on a cassette when we went to WDW!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Wed 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Amy wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:I have a tape cassette player as well......which reminds me I need to get some new (old) cassettes at some point.
My car is old enough that I have a CD/cassette player in it :D Comes in handy because I used to tape the attractions on a cassette when we went to WDW!
Hubby's car has a cassette deck. He bought an adapter that goes into the cassette player, then plugs into his mp3 or his phone. So, he can put his phone on speaker, and talk to me, and hear me through his car speakers. Comes in handy on the commute to/from work! :lol: He also downloads podcasts to his mp3 player and listens to those on the commute. I don't know how they would do it, but something similar for a cd player would be nice.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Sun 14, 2013 4:45 pm

UPDATE: Been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find the hourglass. This thing sells out fast. If you are thinking of getting one, buy it the first time you see it. It may (read: will) be gone by the time you make up your mind to buy it. Same thing with the candle holder. Heck I went to WoD one day and they offered to ship the hourglass from Disneyland if they had any (they didn't). Good luck to anyone else trying to find it.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 14, 2013 5:04 pm

MadEye wrote:UPDATE: Been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find the hourglass. This thing sells out fast. If you are thinking of getting one, buy it the first time you see it. It may (read: will) be gone by the time you make up your mind to buy it. Same thing with the candle holder. Heck I went to WoD one day and they offered to ship the hourglass from Disneyland if they had any (they didn't). Good luck to anyone else trying to find it.
That's too bad MadEye. That was nice of them to check at DL for you though. I like the new Haunted Mansion shirts that glow in the dark :hm_ghost:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Sun 14, 2013 8:23 pm

I'll check at the DLR stores this week and see, if you are interested.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Mon 15, 2013 10:38 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I'll check at the DLR stores this week and see, if you are interested.
If you want to. I know you are at DL a lot so if you do see it, let me know ASAP. They might have some at WDW too so I can make the 20 minute trip to WoD and check. If they (WoD) don't, depending on how many and how fast they sell at DL, they can probably ship one to WDW. But like I said, it's your choice if you want to.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 15, 2013 11:01 am

cy1229 wrote:Hubby's car has a cassette deck. He bought an adapter that goes into the cassette player, then plugs into his mp3 or his phone. So, he can put his phone on speaker, and talk to me, and hear me through his car speakers. Comes in handy on the commute to/from work! :lol: He also downloads podcasts to his mp3 player and listens to those on the commute. I don't know how they would do it, but something similar for a cd player would be nice.
I do the same hook-up of my MP3 player through the cassette player in my car. And yes, it's great for the work commute. From having seen the units you can buy for your car nowadays, most that are made and sold with a CD player also currently include the jack for the cord you can connect for MP3 players/iphones.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Mon 15, 2013 11:06 am

MadEye wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I'll check at the DLR stores this week and see, if you are interested.
If you want to. I know you are at DL a lot so if you do see it, let me know ASAP. They might have some at WDW too so I can make the 20 minute trip to WoD and check. If they (WoD) don't, depending on how many and how fast they sell at DL, they can probably ship one to WDW. But like I said, it's your choice if you want to.
I will be there on weds, if I don't see anything in here Tuesday night and I see one in the park I will be sure to pick it up. There is only one hourglass type, correct? Can you post the picture again to confirm before I go?