All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Starbucks at WDW

Post by MadEye » Nov Sat 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Fountain View also.

I don't like coffee. Only way I'll walk in there again after it's starbucks is if they keep some of the desserts... maybe.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/main-str ... cation.htm
Last edited by MadEye on Nov Tue 13, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Starbucks taking over Main Street Bakery

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Sat 10, 2012 6:42 pm

At DLR, I think, they replaced all the coffee served with starbucks. Similar to how Coke has pretty much everything except for the pineapple juice and dairy products.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Nov Sat 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Nah, I'm not happy about this. :x Ever had a sweet snack at Starbucks? They are not good is the nicest way I can say it. The thought of a plastic-y chain serving sweet stuff at our beloved Disney World... what's next, Burger King at the Tomorrowland Terrace?? Ewwww... :shock:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sat 10, 2012 7:35 pm

C'mon, cousininmiami, there's no nice way to say this: Starbucks pastry just suck. They're awful. I have no idea of what those pastries are made of, but lard and margarine would a giant step-up for them. Way to go, Diz, with replacing everyone's favorite Bakery at the MK with the worst baked goods made on this planet. I can only hope it's like Wizz's comments above and pray they only replace the coffee and NOT the baked goods...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Sat 10, 2012 8:54 pm

I can't say if they replaced the food items in ours with Starbucks stuff, since I haven't gone into it. They might not for the simple reason that it would take more way from Disney's earnings. That and they have a full bakeshop to turn out their own awful baked goods.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Sat 10, 2012 9:23 pm

I think this means the death of some of our favorite snacks. The article says that the Main Street Bakery will close and reopen as a Starbucks. That tells me that It will have nothing to do with the old bakery and ONLY Starbucks fare will be offered. The only thing that may interest me now is a late night Frappaccino.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Nov Sat 10, 2012 10:52 pm

From what I've heard/read, some of the desserts have been put on other menus in the park (Gaston's being the only one I can remember off the top of my head). I hope it's true.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Sun 11, 2012 12:27 am

Is this really necessary? Don't we see enough of them already? Over-priced garbage if you ask me, and this is coming from a kid who has a medium iced gingerbread coffee every morning before work....
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 11, 2012 8:24 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Is this really necessary? Don't we see enough of them already? Over-priced garbage if you ask me, and this is coming from a kid who has a medium iced gingerbread coffee every morning before work....
Do you buy that coffee from Starbucks? That is one thing I don't understand, I hear over and over from people about how bad the coffee is at Starbucks, but people still buy lots and lots of coffee there :?
I don't drink coffee at all, and the one time I went to Starbucks (because F1gment needed something leaded on Christmas morning, and my brother didn't drink coffee either, and we were at his house), I got a hot chocolate and wasn't impressed by the product for the price :roll: Never been back. Oh one good thing about them, I found the movie White Christmas there for something like $7. They live in a community that has a big Jewish population so I'm thinking the movie wasn't selling very well...of course now, you can probably just download the movie for $1.99 from itunes :roll: :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Sun 11, 2012 12:10 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Is this really necessary? Don't we see enough of them already? Over-priced garbage if you ask me, and this is coming from a kid who has a medium iced gingerbread coffee every morning before work....
It's what Walt would have wanted (no, really) since it allows them collect rent on a space that serves food without having to worry about the actual costs of production and they also get the benefit of brand recognition.

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Nov Sun 11, 2012 6:18 pm

I......DON'T.......LIKE.....THIS........AT.....ALL!!!!!!!! How in the world does a Starbucks fit into the turn of the last century theme of Main Street USA? Easy, it doesn't. Look, I like Starbucks periodically like many do, but why does it have to replace an iconic fixture like the Main Street Bakery? All of the items I have always liked from there are sure to be history after this change. Grrrrr............. :evil:
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Mon 12, 2012 8:03 am

SimonTemplar wrote:I......DON'T.......LIKE.....THIS........AT.....ALL!!!!!!!! How in the world does a Starbucks fit into the turn of the last century theme of Main Street USA? Easy, it doesn't. Look, I like Starbucks periodically like many do, but why does it have to replace an iconic fixture like the Main Street Bakery? All of the items I have always liked from there are sure to be history after this change. Grrrrr............. :evil:
Mouskedittos, with the exception of periodically. I will admit, I get a skinny vanilla latte as often as is reasonable. I'm not a coffee aficionado but I do enjoy Starbucks for the atmosphere and coffee. But the atmosphere of a Starbucks does NOT fit in with MSUSA. NOT AT ALL. This is just adding to my gloominess this morning.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

BattyMcDoom
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by BattyMcDoom » Nov Mon 12, 2012 11:34 am

This makes me really really sad. Starbucks is so expensive. I sit at Barnes and Noble while waiting to go to work every day and one day I was super hungry so I decided to see what they had. $7 for a sandwich.... hunger got the best of me and I tried it. NEVER EVER again.... it was disgusting! I tried to eat the whole thing because it was so expensive but I just couldn't force myself to eat finish it. :( I'm not a coffee person so I can't see myself needing to going there for anything.
:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:
My Next Trip - WDW July 14th
WDW Trips - 17 DLR Trips - 3
:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Nov Tue 13, 2012 2:39 am

What? No, no, no. I fail to see how this has anything to do with Main Street USA. How is this 1950's America? Yuck.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Nov Tue 13, 2012 11:23 am

I thought TDC had abandoned the third-party restaurant presence in their parks when they parted ways with McDonald's...so this baffles me. I can understand having Starbucks coffee in the resorts and in the parks...because it's like selling Coke products instead of Disney brand cola. But to plop a Starbucks in the middle of Main Street USA is just anti-Disney.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)