Favorite WDW Show?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

SpringheeledJack

Favorite WDW Show?

Post by SpringheeledJack » Jun Mon 13, 2005 8:19 am

I scoured the board and I think I'm safe with this question: :)

What is everyone's favorite show/act from WDW and the resorts?

Typically, I blow past all all shows on a race to get to the next ride, but recently I stumbled across MoRockin' (Epcot: World Showcase - Morocco) and was completely floored by how flat-out incredible they are. Without a doubt they're the best act I've seen in all my trips to Disney.

Except maybe the one with the thirty-year-old Little Mermaid. :blush:

(And as an aside for anyone interested in them, one of their CDs is available over iTunes for about half the price of purchasing it in Epcot or through their website.)

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Jun Tue 14, 2005 8:49 am

I would have to say my favorite is The British Invasion

They are really good, and its like a hidden suprise. You walk into England and see a cool show where you would not expect to see anything.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jun Wed 15, 2005 11:40 am

I dig Mo'Rockin', and Off Kilter... when my girlfriend and I go to WDW this winter, we're going to try to catch the Festival of the Lion King and the Beauty and the Beast show at Studios, both of which I've yet to see, but I hear they're very good...
~Steve

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Jun Wed 15, 2005 6:16 pm

The Beauty and the Beast Show and Voyage of the Little Mermaid at MGM are both pretty amazing.

Could The American Adventure in EPCOT be considered a show, because if it is that show is my all time favorite.

It really is an amazing look at how far and great we've become. I always leave that theater with a sense of pride.

8)
Blackie Pueblo
www.newlineagefilms.com

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Jun Thu 16, 2005 11:40 am

There used to be a comedy duo at Disney MGM Studios who posed as bellhops from the Hollywood Tower Hotel. They would put on performances on Sunset Boulevard and before Fantasmic. I thought they were really great. Anyone else remember them?
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Jun Thu 16, 2005 11:41 am

If we're venturing outside the parks, the whole crew at the Adventurer's Club on Pleasure Island is a freakin' riot.
~Steve

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Jun Thu 16, 2005 12:16 pm

Many of the acts at Boardwalk are quite entertaining
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Favorite WDW Show?

Post by lovesdisney44 » Jun Mon 20, 2005 11:01 am

SpringheeledJack wrote:I scoured the board and I think I'm safe with this question: :)

Typically, I blow past all all shows on a race to get to the next ride, but recently I stumbled across MoRockin' (Epcot: World Showcase - Morocco) and was completely floored by how flat-out incredible they are. Without a doubt they're the best act I've seen in all my trips to Disney.
I'm not familiar with this one? Is it the belly dancers during dinner @ the Moroccan restaurant?

I have a couple of fav's - one is the Mime statue in Italy (or should I say mine WAS since I read that WDW has decided not to use them anymore) :cry:

Another one is Beauty and the Beast at MGM and finally, all the street performers walking around MGM - I especially like the bickering married couple that shop in the stores - they are hilarous! :mrgreen:

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jun Mon 20, 2005 12:00 pm

lovesdisney44 wrote:
SpringheeledJack wrote:I scoured the board and I think I'm safe with this question: :)

I'm not familiar with this one? Is it the belly dancers during dinner @ the Moroccan restaurant?
Nope, not the belly dancers. MoRockin' is a group that plays live music in the Morocco pavillion. They play music from around the world (like Spanish, Middle Eastern, etc). It's a really good show if you get the chance to see it.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

CEC TV

Post by CEC TV » Jun Mon 20, 2005 12:16 pm

without a doubt, Fantasmic takes first place ;)

rick2vick

Post by rick2vick » Jun Wed 22, 2005 5:16 pm

Fantasmic... hands down.

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Aug Mon 08, 2005 5:07 pm

I can't believe no one has yet mentioned the Indian Jones Stunt Speticular in this line. I've seen it 3 times and I enjoyed it as much the last time as the first. I hear it is leaving soon, so hurry and see it if you haven't yet.

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Aug Wed 10, 2005 2:24 pm

js3901 wrote:Nope, not the belly dancers. MoRockin' is a group that plays live music in the Morocco pavillion. They play music from around the world (like Spanish, Middle Eastern, etc). It's a really good show if you get the chance to see it.
We were at Epcot 3 times this past trip last month, and didn't see them at all. They are also not listed in the Epcot guide. I wonder if Disney did away with them like they did the living statue in France. :cry:

Manncab

Post by Manncab » Aug Sat 13, 2005 12:52 pm

no its the festival of the lion king that show rock those dancers and live singing it cant be beat hands down :mrgreen:

js3901

Post by js3901 » Aug Sat 13, 2005 8:50 pm

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/en ... inmentPage

MoRockin should still be there. maybe they only play on special days or weekends (something like American Vybe).
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak