All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: UK Pavilion Phone Booths

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Sun 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Tiger87 wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:Yeah the Canada one is not nearly as cool. There usually not as many people up there where it is, so you can't always get someone...even if it WAS working properly. :)
Where is this booth located?...I been to Canada alot....and never saw it
When you go up the steps towards those buildings, it's on the left...almost behind you. If you keep going to the "rock" formation that overlooks the entrance to the Canada film, it's almost directly behind you.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Sun 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Tiger87 wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:Yeah the Canada one is not nearly as cool. There usually not as many people up there where it is, so you can't always get someone...even if it WAS working properly. :)
Up the steps to the patio-like area toward the back, near the waterfall.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Tiger87
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Tiger87 » Nov Tue 27, 2012 5:06 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Tiger87 wrote:
Up the steps to the patio-like area toward the back, near the waterfall.
Oh ..I know the area...thanks.. :hm_ghost:

Tiger87

Post by Tiger87 » Nov Tue 27, 2012 5:08 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:
Tiger87 wrote:
When you go up the steps towards those buildings, it's on the left...almost behind you. If you keep going to the "rock" formation that overlooks the entrance to the Canada film, it's almost directly behind you.
Great thanks..the next time I go I'm sure to find it :hm_ghost:

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Jan Mon 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:Has anyone called and actually had someone pick up? If you did, what was the conversation?! :goofy_bounce:
When we were in EPCOT last Monday the phones were ringing off the hook during the evening when we walked by. My wife and I answered them a number of times and it seemed it was random kids calling the numbers. It was hilarious talking to them.
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Mon 21, 2013 6:52 pm

jrcohen wrote:
Sharonofwindham wrote:Has anyone called and actually had someone pick up? If you did, what was the conversation?! :goofy_bounce:
When we were in EPCOT last Monday the phones were ringing off the hook during the evening when we walked by. My wife and I answered them a number of times and it seemed it was random kids calling the numbers. It was hilarious talking to them.
We were there on Thursday (before the race) and it was ringing so my wife made me answer. It was some kid from GA...he was bored and calling the phones. Lol
He said he was headed there next month. It was pretty wild..we talked for a few minutes.

Then later I called it and some lady answered and really gave me the business! It was funny...she said " I'm having a great time at WS what about YOU!" Very matter-of-fact like. I love that place!

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jan Wed 23, 2013 3:03 pm

My friend and I sat on a bench next to the beer cart at the Rose and Crown and called the middle phone for a good half hour. WE picked that phone because it isn't in a booth and you can easily see the person that answers. This after spending the afternoon at ESPN watching a playoff game, so we had experimented with a few beers. Needless to say, we enjoyed talking to the people that answered the phone and discussing their wardrobe choices. Watching them look around to try to find who's calling the phone was priceless!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 23, 2013 4:32 pm

kcarts wrote:My friend and I sat on a bench next to the beer cart at the Rose and Crown and called the middle phone for a good half hour. WE picked that phone because it isn't in a booth and you can easily see the person that answers. This after spending the afternoon at ESPN watching a playoff game, so we had experimented with a few beers. Needless to say, we enjoyed talking to the people that answered the phone and discussing their wardrobe choices. Watching them look around to try to find who's calling the phone was priceless!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Did you ever get spotted? I don't think I could manage to keep a straight face

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jan Wed 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Amy wrote:
kcarts wrote:My friend and I sat on a bench next to the beer cart at the Rose and Crown and called the middle phone for a good half hour. We picked that phone because it isn't in a booth and you can easily see the person that answers. This after spending the afternoon at ESPN watching a playoff game, so we had experimented with a few beers. Needless to say, we enjoyed talking to the people that answered the phone and discussing their wardrobe choices. Watching them look around to try to find who's calling the phone was priceless!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Did you ever get spotted? I don't think I could manage to keep a straight face

Can't say for sure. We don't think so. It was dark. The people next to us on the bench to our right knew what we were doing and seemed to enjoy it. We of course were giggling like school girls! The Bass draughts we were having for dessert helped us enjoy it that much more!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 23, 2013 5:12 pm

kcarts wrote:
Amy wrote:
kcarts wrote:My friend and I sat on a bench next to the beer cart at the Rose and Crown and called the middle phone for a good half hour. We picked that phone because it isn't in a booth and you can easily see the person that answers. This after spending the afternoon at ESPN watching a playoff game, so we had experimented with a few beers. Needless to say, we enjoyed talking to the people that answered the phone and discussing their wardrobe choices. Watching them look around to try to find who's calling the phone was priceless!

Can't say for sure. We don't think so. It was dark. The people next to us on the bench to our right knew what we were doing and seemed to enjoy it. We of course were giggling like school girls! The Bass draughts we were having for dessert helped us enjoy it that much more!
That would have been fun to see you two! Sometimes the most fun at the parks comes from the most unexpected places :lol:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Thu 24, 2013 2:34 pm

kcarts wrote:
Amy wrote:

Trust me. If people don't notice me right across the walkway by the fountain calling and talking and looking right at them, they didn't see you.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

fancyfeet
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by fancyfeet » Jan Sun 27, 2013 4:29 pm

I answered of the phones one while at Epcot, I think it was someone pretending to be Tinkerbell. Anyone know if there are CM's waiting nearby to see who will answer the phones?

ghostelias
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ghostelias » Jan Mon 28, 2013 7:03 am

I'm from the UK and we don't have these phone booths anymore so it's a real nice to treat so see these around at epcot when I come to visit. Epcot reminds me so much of my childhood because I spent so much time there it's awesome that some of our heritage is built into the park :-).

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Mon 28, 2013 8:04 am

ghostelias wrote:I'm from the UK and we don't have these phone booths anymore so it's a real nice to treat so see these around at epcot when I come to visit. Epcot reminds me so much of my childhood because I spent so much time there it's awesome that some of our heritage is built into the park :-).
I like it, too, because while I want to go to the UK some day, I haven't been there yet.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 28, 2013 9:33 am

cy1229 wrote:
ghostelias wrote:I'm from the UK and we don't have these phone booths anymore so it's a real nice to treat so see these around at epcot when I come to visit. Epcot reminds me so much of my childhood because I spent so much time there it's awesome that some of our heritage is built into the park :-).
I like it, too, because while I want to go to the UK some day, I haven't been there yet.
I actually saw a few of the red phone booths when I was in the UK in 2003 ~ it was pretty neat to see them as the only place I had ever seen them before that was in EPCOT!