All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Re: Soft Openings before new Fantasyland

Post by MadEye » Nov Thu 29, 2012 9:31 am

Amy wrote:
MadEye wrote:Finally got to eat at Gaston's. The pork shank is better than most of the pork dishes at sit down restaurants at WDW (and a lot more meat on it, too!). I wasn't expecting much for $7.99 but I now have a new favorite place to eat for counter service at MK, that's for sure!
How does it compare to the turkey leg? That is what I've seen the pork shank compared to a lot on different blogs.
I love turkey legs but this is my new favorite. Again, more meat than a turkey leg (no cartilage [I think that's what that inedible stuff is in the turkey leg...] either). Only thing is, I wouldn't walk around MK with it (I used the plastic fork and knife at the restaurant) but that's just me, although if you do, the bone that it comes on is dry at the bottom so you can if you want. I ate it at a table in Gaston's so maybe next time I'll try walking around the park eating it by hand.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 29, 2012 10:19 am

MadEye wrote:
Amy wrote:
MadEye wrote:Finally got to eat at Gaston's. The pork shank is better than most of the pork dishes at sit down restaurants at WDW (and a lot more meat on it, too!). I wasn't expecting much for $7.99 but I now have a new favorite place to eat for counter service at MK, that's for sure!
How does it compare to the turkey leg? That is what I've seen the pork shank compared to a lot on different blogs.
I love turkey legs but this is my new favorite. Again, more meat than a turkey leg (no cartilage [I think that's what that inedible stuff is in the turkey leg...] either). Only thing is, I wouldn't walk around MK with it (I used the plastic fork and knife at the restaurant) but that's just me, although if you do, the bone that it comes on is dry at the bottom so you can if you want. I ate it at a table in Gaston's so maybe next time I'll try walking around the park eating it by hand.
Thanks ~ F1gment loves the turkey legs so she might want to try one of these on our next trip. She is more of a knife and fork person too :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Thu 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Amy wrote:
MadEye wrote:
Thanks ~ F1gment loves the turkey legs so she might want to try one of these on our next trip. She is more of a knife and fork person too :lol:
I think the stringy stuff is ligament or tendon. Some kind of connective tissue.

[Nerd Alert] :roll:

I can't fathom walking around anywhere gnawing on a piece of dead animal like Atilla the Hun or Hagar the Horrible or something. :lol: I know people do it, but I just can't bring myself to walk and eat anything but an ice cream cone.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Dec Sat 01, 2012 8:27 pm

One thing I forgot to mention about the music in the areas officially opening in five days (Storybook Circus is technically already open but will be included in the grand opening ceremony). All I'll say is I think there will be some new favorites if (when) they are added here at Subsonic.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.