Test Track to Open 6 December 2012

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Test Track to Open 6 December 2012

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Fri 23, 2012 10:49 pm

I am going to say that you probably don't get to choose the car you ride in as much as the desgin of the car. Unless they turned the final waiting area into a number system. Otherwise they would most likely end up with one model everyone wants and one model that everyone hates.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Fri 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Well, that's what I mean. They say you get to design the car you ride in and then in the post show you can see how your designed car stood up to the rigors of the testing. But what if all 6 people in the car design something totally different? Does each seat have its own monitor that shows your designed car making you think you are riding in it?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Sat 24, 2012 12:03 am

I wonder, does it show you the results as a group, or does it do something like DLR's astro blasters where you can go to a kiosk for your post-show thing? That way everyone is happy.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Sat 24, 2012 2:54 am

NaCler wrote:That's what I figured mf. But, I assume there are more than just three different cars to choose from, right? And if you choose your car while waiting in the queue, how do they know who you are riding with until you are placed in your rows? Too many questions... agingerbugg, how does it work???
The far designed has nothing to do with the ride's handling or performance. There are four elements they test after each test there is a scoreboard which displays the six cars from your ride vehicle rating them compared to each other. I wish they'd have let us take pictures, it would help me explain better.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Sat 24, 2012 8:03 am

agingerbugg wrote:There are four elements they test after each test there is a scoreboard which displays the six cars from your ride vehicle rating them compared to each other. I wish they'd have let us take pictures, it would help me explain better.
Ok, so there are 6 different cars created in your one ride vehicle. That's the part I was confused about. Thanks!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 24, 2012 9:04 am

This is sounding very exciting and new. And answers a few more questions about how they handle multiple people designing one car. That is so cool that you got to go to the previews agingerbugg!
NaCler ~ will you be going to EPCOT during your trip. You might want to at least swing by and see if they are taking a few more victims guests through :D
Glad to see the Fastpass and single rider lines will stay. I would still go through the regular line at least once to have the full experience, but then I can go through the single rider line :D

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Sat 24, 2012 11:20 am

From what I've been able to gather from TT casy members there will not be a soft opening, the testing is for current Florida cast members only. Now that doesn't mean that there won't be a soft opening, but there are some aspects that are not fully working yet.

There is a post show where you can view the results from the entore test run and how your car compares to all the cars tested that day. It shows the top ten in every category.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Sun 25, 2012 10:11 pm

I was at EPCOT last night after Candlelight, so I checked and they were not letting anyone in. My sister asked earlier in the day and they gave her the standard answer that it will not be open until Dec 6. While back stage I saw them running a lot of empty cars through the track. Then some not so empty ones full of young people I can only assume we're CM's and family??? The only difference I noticed was that the cars were not going up to speed. They were noticeably slower than prior to refurb closing.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 25, 2012 10:23 pm

NaCler wrote:I was at EPCOT last night after Candlelight, so I checked and they were not letting anyone in. My sister asked earlier in the day and they gave her the standard answer that it will not be open until Dec 6. While back stage I saw them running a lot of empty cars through the track. Then some not so empty ones full of young people I can only assume we're CM's and family??? The only difference I noticed was that the cars were not going up to speed. They were noticeably slower than prior to refurb closing.
Bummer that you couldn't get in. I suppose you will be heading back in a fairly short period of time though right?

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Sun 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Mom and sis are going back Dec 6 & 7. They are trying to talk me into going with them but it is during the week and work... If I can convince the wife I'll take a brief trip sometime in December, if not I have marathon weekend. ;)

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Mon 26, 2012 3:41 am

NaCler wrote:I was at EPCOT last night after Candlelight, so I checked and they were not letting anyone in. My sister asked earlier in the day and they gave her the standard answer that it will not be open until Dec 6. While back stage I saw them running a lot of empty cars through the track. Then some not so empty ones full of young people I can only assume we're CM's and family members????
Standard answer is it won't open til December 6 with no soft opening.

It is cast members only, not family. To board the cast members have to go back stage and security is really tight.

-Benjamin Franklin

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Mon 26, 2012 7:46 am

There were a few young looking people on a couple of those cars. It was either siblings of important CM's or a few Peter Pan CM's enjoying a ride together. ;)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 26, 2012 8:28 am

agingerbugg wrote:
NaCler wrote:I was at EPCOT last night after Candlelight, so I checked and they were not letting anyone in. My sister asked earlier in the day and they gave her the standard answer that it will not be open until Dec 6. While back stage I saw them running a lot of empty cars through the track. Then some not so empty ones full of young people I can only assume we're CM's and family members????

It is cast members only, not family. To board the cast members have to go back stage and security is really tight.
NaCler wrote:There were a few young looking people on a couple of those cars. It was either siblings of important CM's or a few Peter Pan CM's enjoying a ride together. ;)
I wonder if they would allow the celebrities that are in for the Candlelight Processional and their families to ride as well? I know the attraction isn't quite finished, but it must be very close, and celebrities usually seem to get lots of perks...

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Nov Mon 26, 2012 10:03 am

Amy wrote:
agingerbugg wrote:Standard answer is it won't open til December 6 with no soft opening.

NaCler wrote:There were a few young looking people on a couple of those cars. It was either siblings of important CM's or a few Peter Pan CM's enjoying a ride together. ;)
I wonder if they would allow the celebrities that are in for the Candlelight Processional and their families to ride as well? I know the attraction isn't quite finished, but it must be very close, and celebrities usually seem to get lots of perks...
Reedy Creek Fire Marshall hasn't signed off on anything yet, so not even celebrities are allowed on outside of CMs for the testing.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Mon 26, 2012 1:10 pm

-Benjamin Franklin