All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: I've never...

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Wed 29, 2012 2:58 pm

BattyMcDoom wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:dear lord, what do you do at the park anyway?
my list is...
- gone to tom sawyers island
- been in the Utilidoors
- experienced Soarin' over Cali
- actually seen the monorail barn/switchtrack operate/tug pulling a monorail

... thats about it in the 4 parks... plenty of resorts still to see though
I mainly go on rides but I haven't been in years so there's a lot of new stuff I have yet to experience sadly. :(
No worries! I always think the shows are the kinds of attractions that get put on the back burners, but that is okay - there is always next trip! My motto is every trip I try to do or see a few things that I've never done/seen before! It makes every trip new and different! :mickey:

BattyMcDoom
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by BattyMcDoom » Aug Thu 30, 2012 10:42 am

Belle1082 wrote:I mainly go on rides but I haven't been in years so there's a lot of new stuff I have yet to experience sadly. :(
No worries! I always think the shows are the kinds of attractions that get put on the back burners, but that is okay - there is always next trip! My motto is every trip I try to do or see a few things that I've never done/seen before! It makes every trip new and different! :mickey:[/quote]

That's a really great idea and there are always new things to experience [when you go as little as I do :/]. The next time I go back I plan to spend a lot of time in Epcot exploring now that I'm old enough to really appreciate it!
:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:
My Next Trip - WDW July 14th
WDW Trips - 17 DLR Trips - 3
:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:

PurpleFairies
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by PurpleFairies » Aug Thu 30, 2012 11:39 am

My parents have gone to WDW twice now since my sister and I have graduated from high school and now college. They are talking about taking us along the next time they go though because I we have finished with our schooling. There have been so many changes since 2005 and I can't wait to see it all. It's hard to believe how much can change in just a few years time. I will have to wait until at least 2014, but I am already VERY excited. :goofy_bounce:

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Thu 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Never been on Tom Sawyers Island
Never been at Christmas....One of my ultimate goals :D :D :D :goofy:

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Aug Thu 30, 2012 8:02 pm

I never saw Caption EO.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Sep Sun 02, 2012 12:32 pm

I am trying to slowly make my way through the sit down restaurants when I go to Orlando on business trips but the one that still eludes me is Le Cellier
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 02, 2012 1:13 pm

horizons1 wrote:I am trying to slowly make my way through the sit down restaurants when I go to Orlando on business trips but the one that still eludes me is Le Cellier
Do you know your trips far enough in advance to be able to make the ressie 180 days out? That's probably the tricky part right?

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Sep Mon 03, 2012 5:59 am

Goofyfan wrote:Never been on Tom Sawyers Island
Never been at Christmas....One of my ultimate goals :D :D :D :goofy:
I've never done these either and would love to go one Christmas!!

duggett
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by duggett » Sep Mon 03, 2012 9:45 am

Never been to WDW during the Christmas season.
BUT...we're are booked for the first week in December this year!
Really looking forward to it. No children this time. Just the two of us celebrating our anniversary!
Any suggestions as to the "must sees"? Already signed up for the Candlelight Procession with Whoopi.
Any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks.
And have a magical day!

Monakie78

Post by Monakie78 » Sep Mon 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Got any Disney character signatures. I always thought it was a waste of time to stand in line for signatures, even as a kid. All I wanted was to go on rides. My husband said we should get those signature books on our next trip for our 3 kids....still not too excited about standing in line for that, when we could be going on a ride :cry:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Mon 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Monakie78 wrote:Got any Disney character signatures. I always thought it was a waste of time to stand in line for signatures, even as a kid. All I wanted was to go on rides. My husband said we should get those signature books on our next trip for our 3 kids....still not too excited about standing in line for that, when we could be going on a ride :cry:
You should check around on the internet (maybe TouringPlans.com) to see if anyone has tips on how to get autographs quickly and with minimal effort. Everything at WDW is planned to the T...which means there is a formula for figuring it out and taking advantage of it.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 03, 2012 1:52 pm

duggett wrote:Never been to WDW during the Christmas season.
Really looking forward to it. No children this time. Just the two of us celebrating our anniversary!
Any suggestions as to the "must sees"? Already signed up for the Candlelight Procession with Whoopi.
Thanks.
And have a magical day!
You really need to make sure you go see the Osborne Spectacle of Lights at Hollywood Studios. It is simply amazing!
Did you book a dining package for the Candlelight Processional? We were there when Whoopi was narrating but we didn't go see that show. I did manage a photo of her when we were waiting for Illuminations, but she is really tiny as I was standing at the back of the standing crowd outside the theater.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 03, 2012 1:56 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
Monakie78 wrote:Got any Disney character signatures. I always thought it was a waste of time to stand in line for signatures, even as a kid. All I wanted was to go on rides. My husband said we should get those signature books on our next trip for our 3 kids....still not too excited about standing in line for that, when we could be going on a ride :cry:
You should check around on the internet (maybe TouringPlans.com) to see if anyone has tips on how to get autographs quickly and with minimal effort. Everything at WDW is planned to the T...which means there is a formula for figuring it out and taking advantage of it.
That's a great idea BIG! I'm sure there is someone who has plotted everything out and has shared it online!
I'm with you Monakie78, I just don't care to spend time in line for characters. I like to get a photo of them, but I don't want a photo with them! And that is a challenge as they don't want you snapping photos of the characters while other people are greeting them....that makes it hard because so many of the meet and greets are now whisked in and out from backstage :roll:

jenndisney
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by jenndisney » Sep Mon 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Done Tom Sawyer Island.
Seen most parades. They bore us.

duggett

Post by duggett » Sep Thu 06, 2012 11:54 am

Amy wrote:
duggett wrote:Never been to WDW during the Christmas season.
Thanks.
And have a magical day!
You really need to make sure you go see the Osborne Spectacle of Lights at Hollywood Studios. It is simply amazing!
Did you book a dining package for the Candlelight Processional? We were there when Whoopi was narrating but we didn't go see that show. I did manage a photo of her when we were waiting for Illuminations, but she is really tiny as I was standing at the back of the standing crowd outside the theater.
Osborne will be on our agnada. Thanks.
Also signed up for Candlelight on Dec 1st with Whoopie, with Teppan Edo beforehand. Looking forward to that!
Thanks for the input!