Disney Tastes

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Disney Tastes

Post by momeja » May Tue 15, 2012 10:38 pm

We have a smells thread, but I don't remember a tastes thread. If we do have one buried somewhere, please merge them, Len.

Favourite Disney Tastes (and also tastes that say Disney to me):
Dole Whip Floats
The No Way José Sundae at Beaches & Cream
Itzkadoozie popsicles (even though I've head that Disney no longer sells them :( )
Burnt coffee refills

DisneyYorkie
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by DisneyYorkie » May Wed 16, 2012 7:06 am

Wow...what a great thread!!!!

The first thing that comes to mind is the taste of the coffee at the resorts. I have asked just about every server that we've ever had what kind of coffee Disney serves. The answer over the years has always come back Nescafe, but darn if I can get Nescafe to taste ANYTHING like "Disney" coffee!

And nothing, absolutely nothing, tastes like a Mickey's Premium Bar at Magic Kingdom!
You've got serious thrill issues dude. - Crush. Finding Nemo

lonepalm

Post by lonepalm » May Wed 16, 2012 7:50 am

Casey's Hot Dogs! And add another vote for Mickey's Premium Bar!

A non-Disney taste, but one that we always experience when we go to Orlando for our Disney trip: Margaritaville!

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

DisneyYorkie

Post by DisneyYorkie » May Wed 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Here's another: the taste of the sugar coated nuts (almonds and, I think, others) served at Epcot. One of my favorite memories is the deep, burnt sugar, hot-fat smell (guess I am stepping into the smell thread now :lol: ) of those nuts being sold as the twilight deepens around Seven Seas Lagoon and Illuminations approaches. Wow....

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » May Wed 16, 2012 8:08 pm

DisneyYorkie wrote:Here's another: the taste of the sugar coated nuts (almonds and, I think, others) served at Epcot. One of my favorite memories is the deep, burnt sugar, hot-fat smell (guess I am stepping into the smell thread now :lol: ) of those nuts being sold as the twilight deepens around Seven Seas Lagoon and Illuminations approaches. Wow....
Well, since taste is mostly smell.... it's pretty hard to separate the two. :)

I can't think of any taste necessarily. I know we love the food of Epcot WS, and 'Ohana, but I can't recall any taste specifically. Time to go back!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Wed 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Main Street Popcorn...
Dole Whip...
Mickey's Premium bars...
OHana's lo mein noodles...
The terrible salsa at San Angel Inn...
Margaritas... Of course.

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » May Wed 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi folks, first time poster looking to start scoring some points. :)

The one taste we must have every time is a strawberry smoothie from Auntie Gravity's. I like Dole Whips but my wife doesn't care for them.

There used to be others, but I believe the food's gone downhill over the last few years.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

lonepalm

Post by lonepalm » May Thu 17, 2012 7:09 am

BenB wrote:Hi folks, first time poster looking to start scoring some points. :)

The one taste we must have every time is a strawberry smoothie from Auntie Gravity's. I like Dole Whips but my wife doesn't care for them.

There used to be others, but I believe the food's gone downhill over the last few years.
Welcome to SR! It's a great community! You'll feel like you are amongst friends here!

DisneyYorkie

Post by DisneyYorkie » May Thu 17, 2012 7:38 am

BenB wrote:Hi folks, first time poster looking to start scoring some points. :)

Welcome, BenB!

Just a quick comment about WDW food in general: EVERYTHING we had, every character meal (Garden Grille at Epcot, Crystal Palace at MK, and Chef Mickey's at Contemporary), every "snack" (such as ice cream, caramel corn, etc.), every counter service meal (Lunching Pad and Harbour House in MK, for instance)....everything was absolutely fresh and wonderful. In fact, I can't think of one disappointment with WDW food this time EXCEPT we were counting on getting hotdogs from the vendor inside Fantasmic at DHS. We were late arriving for the show (in fact, we had to use the standing room only section for viewing) and the vendor was completely sold out of hotdogs!!!! That was a little strange....how does WDW run out of hotdogs?

We didn't have a smoothie from Auntie Gravity's but we had one at a vendor cart in Epcot. It was behind the Innoventions plaza at a place that sold primarily expensive (but totally awesome and worth it) coffee. DD had a strawberry smoothie there: best I've ever had!

BenB

Post by BenB » May Thu 17, 2012 7:47 am

DisneyYorkie wrote:Just a quick comment about WDW food in general: EVERYTHING we had, every character meal (Garden Grille at Epcot, Crystal Palace at MK, and Chef Mickey's at Contemporary), every "snack" (such as ice cream, caramel corn, etc.), every counter service meal (Lunching Pad and Harbour House in MK, for instance)....everything was absolutely fresh and wonderful. In fact, I can't think of one disappointment with WDW food this time EXCEPT we were counting on getting hotdogs from the vendor inside Fantasmic at DHS. We were late arriving for the show (in fact, we had to use the standing room only section for viewing) and the vendor was completely sold out of hotdogs!!!! That was a little strange....how does WDW run out of hotdogs?
You know what, the food was better on my last trip (about a month ago) than it has been for the 2+ years before that. When we first started going to WDW in 2005, I loved the food. It was delicious and well proportioned. I haven't been able to say that for a while. Maybe they finally are going to start going back to the standards they had a few years ago?

I'm just talking about counter service too. We have to do WDW on the cheap so we don't get to go to the sit down restaurants anymore.

BenB

Post by BenB » May Thu 17, 2012 7:50 am

lonepalm wrote:Welcome to SR! It's a great community! You'll feel like you are amongst friends here!
Thanks! As you can probably tell by my join date, I've been lurking in the corner for a little while. 8-)

lonepalm

Post by lonepalm » May Thu 17, 2012 9:34 am

You know, I never looked at that! What a baffoon (sp?) I am! So I'm sure you know how the community is!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 17, 2012 10:03 am

lonepalm wrote:You know, I never looked at that! What a baffoon (sp?) I am! So I'm sure you know how the community is!
You're not really a buffoon ;) I was the same way as Ben B, although in my case, I joined, completely forgot about the site, and then one fateful boring winter evening I discovered lots of friends :D

My favorite Disney taste is one that can be recreated at home without much fuss ~ the rice krispie treat...Mmmmmmm :mrgreen:

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » May Thu 17, 2012 10:08 am

Chocolate chip cookies from the Main street bakery with a glass of milk
Canadian cheddar cheese soup
Olivia's breakfast potatoes
"now, bring me that horizon"

lonepalm

Post by lonepalm » May Thu 17, 2012 11:13 am

I forgot about those Chocolate Chip Cookies.. Many snack points went towards those...and the rice krispie treats as well.