2013 WDW Marathon

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: 2013 WDW Marathon

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 08, 2013 1:20 pm

jrcohen wrote:This may be a stupid question, but where on the Run Disney website do I find what my bib number is? I can't seem to find a log in area.

My wife is planning on hanging out in the ChEAR Zone and then waiting for me and meeting me in the Race Retreat. Also we're doing Pasta in the Park Saturday night and going to the after party in Downtown Disney Sunday Evening. Is anyone else planning on going to those events?

Amy, tonight I'll try both wearing the wrap over and under my compression sleeve. Thanks for the idea; I never would've thought of putting it over the sleeve instead of under!
You might want to put some padding of some kind or use that slick stick stuff so it doesn't chafe...
I'm getting excited at the prospect of a group SR photo! :D

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Tue 08, 2013 1:39 pm

Bib # 8319 here

I will be wearing a bright lime green shirt and black shorts.
I hope to be in the 5-5:30 range but we will see with the heat...
I sound like a broken record, but I just want to finish as get that Mickey :)

Jrcohen: go onto the rundisney website and click on the marathon... Then go to where it says runners info. Then on waivers and you'll see where it says to print your waiver out. Your bib # is on the bottom of the waiver.

5 days!!!

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jan Tue 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Good luck to the runners! Hope to run into some of you! No pun intended!

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » Jan Tue 08, 2013 5:07 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Bib # 8319 here

I will be wearing a bright lime green shirt and black shorts.
I hope to be in the 5-5:30 range but we will see with the heat...
I sound like a broken record, but I just want to finish as get that Mickey :)

Jrcohen: go onto the rundisney website and click on the marathon... Then go to where it says runners info. Then on waivers and you'll see where it says to print your waiver out. Your bib # is on the bottom of the waiver.

5 days!!!
Thanks!!! Bib # 4661 here!
Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until the ride comes to a full and complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your day here at Walt Disney World.

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jan Fri 11, 2013 3:00 am

Henry and Nacler will have done the 5k by the time I get home from work this evening so I would just like to say.

GO BOYS GO

Don't forget to post a pic of your medals.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 11, 2013 7:59 am

Sleepy90 wrote:Henry and Nacler will have done the 5k by the time I get home from work this evening so I would just like to say.

GO BOYS GO

Don't forget to post a pic of your medals.
Mousekedittos ~ hope the run went well for both of you and you remember to celebrate properly in the parks afterwards :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jan Fri 11, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks Sleepy and Amy!

5K already out of the way, so on to the big boy runs! Good luck you marathoners!

By the way, WWDRH and I finished about the 40 minute mark. I really appreciate him slowing his pace to stay with me.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 11, 2013 12:33 pm

NaCler wrote:Thanks Sleepy and Amy!

5K already out of the way, so on to the big boy runs! Good luck you marathoners!

By the way, WWDRH and I finished about the 40 minute mark. I really appreciate him slowing his pace to stay with me.
That's great NaCler! I wondered how you had done on your time. I think that is an excellent pace for your first race :D Thinking about doing the half next year then?

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Fri 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Congrats to the 5K folks!

I'm trying to figure out a way to convince DW to run the Half next January...and have her parents come down with us to run in the 5K. This way we have DS when the inlaws run/walk...and they keep DS while DW and I run the Half on Saturday.

We'll see...her parents aren't really Disney fans (I know...WTH) so convincing them to go to WDW is going to be extremely difficult. They'd much rather sit on a beach for two weeks rather than spend some of their vacation time at the Most Magical Place on Earth. But I digress...

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 11, 2013 5:27 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Congrats to the 5K folks!

I'm trying to figure out a way to convince DW to run the Half next January...and have her parents come down with us to run in the 5K. This way we have DS when the inlaws run/walk...and they keep DS while DW and I run the Half on Saturday.

We'll see...her parents aren't really Disney fans (I know...WTH) so convincing them to go to WDW is going to be extremely difficult. They'd much rather sit on a beach for two weeks rather than spend some of their vacation time at the Most Magical Place on Earth. But I digress...
:shock: Not really Disney fans? Really?? :? Maybe they will change their mind with a cute little grandson to share the most magical place with? ;) Worth asking them anyhow :D

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jan Sun 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Oh my head is all over the place today. I forgot to post when I left for work this morning and it a bit late now because I am sure everyone will have crossed the finish line by now

Hope everyone had a great day and don't forget to post you pictures of characters and medals :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:Oh my head is all over the place today. I forgot to post when I left for work this morning and it a bit late now because I am sure everyone will have crossed the finish line by now

Hope everyone had a great day and don't forget to post you pictures of characters and medals :D
If you have a chance to pop onto Joe90's facebook page, wewantsdaredhead and NaCler both have pictures of themselves after their respective runs. I'm waiting for the "mayhem that is sure to follow the races" photos though ;) :lol:

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Mon 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Amy wrote:

:shock: Not really Disney fans? Really?? :? Maybe they will change their mind with a cute little grandson to share the most magical place with? ;) Worth asking them anyhow :D
Yeah I know...I don't understand how someone could not want to go to WDW. We've told them several times how we would love to go with them in the near future so they can be there on DS's first trip. We've even told them how we can do it in an affordable fashion by renting DVC and getting a 2 BR Villa. DW's Step-dad is a retired veteran as well...so we could get military discounts. Still...they don't seem interested. We'll keep working on them though. :)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Mon 14, 2013 2:01 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
Amy wrote:

Yeah I know...I don't understand how someone could not want to go to WDW. We've told them several times how we would love to go with them in the near future so they can be there on DS's first trip. We've even told them how we can do it in an affordable fashion by renting DVC and getting a 2 BR Villa. DW's Step-dad is a retired veteran as well...so we could get military discounts. Still...they don't seem interested. We'll keep working on them though. :)
I don't think I could get my dad and stepmom to go with us to Disney. Mom and stepdad are the parents who own DVC, but my dad and stepmom are more like your inlaws (well my dad is anyway), in that he doesn't really want to go to Disney. I think Stepmom would go with us because she enjoys doing things with her grandkids. Dad just doesn't want the noise, busy-ness, and crowds.

You might want to talk up OKW or Saratoga for DVC point rental, since they're more out-of-the-way, quieter, etc. They're more off the beaten path and probably a little more appealing. FWIW can't hurt to try. GOOD LUCK!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Mon 14, 2013 2:10 pm

cy1229 wrote:You might want to talk up OKW or Saratoga for DVC point rental, since they're more out-of-the-way, quieter, etc. They're more off the beaten path and probably a little more appealing. FWIW can't hurt to try. GOOD LUCK!
Yeah...DW and I stayed at OKW and BLT on our last trip...and loved both of them. I have also stayed at SSR on a previous trip. OKW is the kind of place my in-laws would enjoy...which we told them all about. As long as you BYOB...you can have a blast walking around OKW while enjoying your favorite beverage. It is very relaxing and other than the Disney bus that passes by every few minutes...you have no clue you are at WDW.

I think they would possibly enjoy BCV or BWV...because of the proximity to Epcot...and the drinks and food choices they'd have within walking distance.