Be Our Guest Restaurant

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Be Our Guest Restaurant

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 28, 2012 8:17 pm

JenMuse wrote:I'm hoping to eat there or at least snap some photos in January on my next trip. No reservations available for the 5 days I'll be there so I'm hoping for a cancellation or no-show and banking on the fact that my party of 1 might be able seated even without a reservation.
Fingers crossed for you. I would guess there will be some cancellations as most people probably booked as soon as they could once ressies opened up! I don't know if a party of one is advantageous or not ~ not sure how many tables of two there are and they probably wouldn't want to seat you at a table for 4. You could definitely get in during lunch and snap some photos. That is my plan the next time we are there. The food doesn't look like my cup o' tea, but I still want to see it though :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Wed 28, 2012 10:35 pm

cy/Amy - I will have to give you ladies the whole review this weekend. I have a few (bad) pictures that I can share but they have to be uploaded to my computer. I'll see if I can possibly do it tomorrow. Yes, it was from this past weekend.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 29, 2012 8:15 am

NaCler wrote:cy/Amy - I will have to give you ladies the whole review this weekend. I have a few (bad) pictures that I can share but they have to be uploaded to my computer. I'll see if I can possibly do it tomorrow. Yes, it was from this past weekend.
Yay! Something to look forward to instead of spending 8 hours+ in a classroom on what is promising to be a really lovely, warm weekend!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Thu 29, 2012 8:52 am

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:cy/Amy - I will have to give you ladies the whole review this weekend. I have a few (bad) pictures that I can share but they have to be uploaded to my computer. I'll see if I can possibly do it tomorrow. Yes, it was from this past weekend.
Yay! Something to look forward to instead of spending 8 hours+ in a classroom on what is promising to be a really lovely, warm weekend!
Why are you doing that, Amy?

NaCler I'll be patient. (unlike some people..) :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 29, 2012 10:04 am

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Why are you doing that, Amy?

NaCler I'll be patient. (unlike some people..) :lol:
Last of my practical credits for my EMS re-licensing. Hopefully I can get what I need on Saturday, otherwise I have to be there on Sunday too :( One of my really good friends is the instructor, who now lives in Chicago, so it will be nice to catch up with him, but otherwise I would much rather be working outside!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Thu 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Amy wrote: Last of my practical credits for my EMS re-licensing. Hopefully I can get what I need on Saturday, otherwise I have to be there on Sunday too :( One of my really good friends is the instructor, who now lives in Chicago, so it will be nice to catch up with him, but otherwise I would much rather be working outside!
Big. Fat. Bummer.

At least you don't have to do it several weekends in a row. I have a friend who did a Saturday accelerated Master's program - in class every single Saturday from 9 until 2 for almost a year. :roll: :shock: :roll:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Nov Thu 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Can't wait to read your review, NaCler, but I probably won't get round to it til Monday so don't rush on my account. My Saturday will be spent hosting a Lord of the Rings viewing party. A bunch of friends are coming over to watch the extended version of the Two Towers (next Sunday will be Return of the King). We'll watch disc 1 then break for dinner (I'll have simmering in the slow cooker) and then watch disc 2.

Then Sunday I'm hosting my wine club's annual Christmas party...yeah, don't know what I was thinking...
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Thu 29, 2012 5:39 pm

JenMuse wrote:Can't wait to read your review, NaCler, but I probably won't get round to it til Monday so don't rush on my account. My Saturday will be spent hosting a Lord of the Rings viewing party. A bunch of friends are coming over to watch the extended version of the Two Towers (next Sunday will be Return of the King). We'll watch disc 1 then break for dinner (I'll have simmering in the slow cooker) and then watch disc 2.

Then Sunday I'm hosting my wine club's annual Christmas party...yeah, don't know what I was thinking...
So I'm thinking you can combine the parties and serve mead instead of wine. Two birds, one stone, one mess to clean up.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Nov Fri 30, 2012 5:27 pm

cy1229 wrote:So I'm thinking you can combine the parties and serve mead instead of wine. Two birds, one stone, one mess to clean up.
If only it were the same group of people...
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Fri 30, 2012 6:41 pm

JenMuse wrote:
cy1229 wrote:So I'm thinking you can combine the parties and serve mead instead of wine. Two birds, one stone, one mess to clean up.
If only it were the same group of people...
Just combine them. The more the merrier, right?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Dec Sat 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Ok, it's a week overdue and I am sorry. We got into line for LUNCH at the Be Our Guest Restaurant at 10:15a since they said they were going to open at 10:30 and that the line backs up very quickly since they weren't "officially" open yet. We were about 20th or so in line so we were just barely on the bridge right outside of the castle doors.

Side note - If you are ever just standing outside, stare up at the mosaic above the front door and tell me that the Prince's eyes (no one knows his name, but apparently it is rumored to be Adam, another story, so I'll spare you) don't look like those plastic fish eye looking things that are on cheap plush toys. Look up there some day, you'll see what I mean.

Back to the review... You first walk in and see the Ball Room in all its glory. I'm sure most of you have seen pics by now. Here is one of the chandelier and ceiling:

They then lead you through a passageway on the right which has six suits of armour (3 on each side) in it. These SoA each have their own personality as one whispers, one snores, etc...

You then go into the Beast's study where you place your order. They meet you at the door, ask you how many is in your party and how you are going to pay. Cash transactions go to the left side with a CM that takes your order and credit card/room key orders go to the right side of the room and order at the kiosks. They give you a round RFID plastic rose as shown here:

This is where it will backup and they may have to make changes. We were in this room for far too long waiting on other guests to order. Guests were confused on how to use their Dining Plans, Credit Cards, etc... When you do finally order, you start by placing your rose on the RFID reader. Then order, then pay. It prints out a receipt and you take it to a CM at the entrance to the Ball Room that explains to you that you can choose to eat in the Ball Room, the West Wing or the "Rose Room." We chose the West Wing as I think it is the best themed of the areas. It is VERY dark, so I couldn't get very good pics. Here is the rose:

Here is a pic of the painting above the fireplace: (It does something really cool when the lightning flashes... but I can't give away ALL of the secrets!)

You grab your own silverware and set your rose down on your table. If you run around to sight-see and you still have the rose in your hand, you will be chastised severely. You also get your own drinks and they are done fountain style just like the resorts. I assume they will allow the refillable mugs but I am not sure. They had plenty of CM's patrolling the areas, so if it's not allowed I assume they will let you know. By the time you get your REAL silverware and drinks, the food is being wheeled out to you on a very fancy cart with a glass top so you can see the food. Unfortunately, I did not get a good shot of this cart.

My mother and sister were with me so we decided to try 3 different things. I got the turkey sandwich, mom got the beef sandwich and my sister got the ham and cheese sandwich with a French fancy name. The turkey sandwich was very good, with thick cut real turkey, not processed thin slices. It had a good mayonnaise type sauce on it. Mom's steak sandwich was overcooked so it was a little tough and it did not have a sauce on it so it was very dry. We also ordered a french onion soup, so this became the "French Dip" sauce for her sandwich and made it much better. My sister's ham and cheese was very good. Basically, it was a grilled cheese with thick ham slices. Everything was decent, nothing spectacular. We ordered three different desserts as well as we all gravitated to something different when we looked at the menu. Mom got the Chocolate Mousse Creme Puff, which was a flakey shell with mousse inside. It was very good. My sis got the lemon merange cupcake and said it was ok, not very good. I got the triple chocolate cupcake. It was wonderful, but it is not very big. These are basically 2-3 bite cupcakes. It was a chocolate cake filled with a chocolate creme and chocolate frosting on top. You need to like dark chocolate to like this one, which I do, so it was very good. As far as food goes, we probably won't go back here for lunch as it wasn't anything spectacular. But the ambiance of the rooms was amazing so everyone should try it at least once. We may go back when we start getting tired of usual burgers/chicken nuggets for lunch.

Here are a couple of bad photos of the Rose Room:

Sorry guys, I didn't want to use flash and bother people while they were eating and my camera is pretty bad without the flash.

Well, that's it. I hope it helps. Decent food and awesome atmosphere makes it a Disney "Must Do"... at least once.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 09, 2012 9:37 am

Wow ~ those are very nice photos considering the light levels. I'm guessing the press previews must have had the lighting up a bit as their photos are all much lighter ~ or they were using their flash.
Could the plastic fish eye looking things for the Prince actually be marbles? I wouldn't think they would put something plasticy in ~ unless it is covered from the elements. They would probably melt in the Florida heat :shock:
Sounds like the food was fairly decent, other than your Mom's sandwich. I really don't see us eating here, although F1gment might want to give it a go and I would go just to have a look-see around the restaurant. Definitely not my kind of food ~ thick, carved meat, no thank you. When I get deli ham or turkey, I want to be able to read through the slices! :lol:
Thanks for the picture of the rose pager. None of the other reviews I have seen have bothered to show that yet. I was picturing a full stemmed rose. This flat one makes more sense. Love the Mickey on it too :mickey:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Sun 09, 2012 11:45 am

What is the fish eye thing you're talking about? The painting appears to be a video screen like the beast's library here (just a larger scale version).

Yeah, the pager isn't really a rose, but rather a pager with a rose engraved into it.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Dec Sun 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Yeah, it's not a pager. It feels like a plastic bath tub toy, with a rose pattern carved into the top. It will be very easy to take one of these as I saw one misplaced in the front of the restaurant while we were there.

Wiz - the mosaic I am talking about is above the front doors to the restaurant. I found a pic, but I can't post it now. I'll try later. I know it isn't the cheapo plastic eyes, but the way the sun was shining on it made it look funny.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 09, 2012 7:55 pm

NaCler wrote:Yeah, it's not a pager. It feels like a plastic bath tub toy, with a rose pattern carved into the top. It will be very easy to take one of these as I saw one misplaced in the front of the restaurant while we were there.

Wiz - the mosaic I am talking about is above the front doors to the restaurant. I found a pic, but I can't post it now. I'll try later. I know it isn't the cheapo plastic eyes, but the way the sun was shining on it made it look funny.
I'd love to see the photo when you get a chance. I trolled a little online but didn't find anything that looked like what you were describing. Then I had to be a grown-up and go do real work :roll: ;)