Be Our Guest Restaurant

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Be Our Guest Restaurant

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 01, 2012 7:08 am

NaCler wrote:Some new details have come out about this restaurant that I wanted to share in case you had not heard about them. Early reports were that it will be quick service during the day then changed into a sit down restaurant at night. This isn't entirely true. Apparently, the main Ball Room will be open for dinner service only. The other rooms will be used for the quick service during the day. You will order from kiosks, kind of like what they have for Pecos Bill's... only hopefully these will work. :D Once you pay you are then given an RFID rose that you will take with you when you find a table. They have not explained how you will find an open table though... The servers will then bring out your food to your table based on that RFID rose. Amazing technology and I'm interested to see what will happen with these roses (i.e. people "losing" them, kids breaking them...). I can't wait to check this one out.
Interesting! I'm curious to see what the rose looks like ~ smart use of the RFID technology :D
NaCler wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote: I would assume that since it's not table service you would be able to figure out where to sit. :D
I'm just wondering what it will be like to find a table since this place will be overwhelmed with people for awhile. Right now at Cosmic Rays they won't let you sit down until you have your food in hand. I wonder if they will do the same with this place and not let you sit until you have a rose.
Yes, that not sitting at Cosmic Rays until you have food was a pain the last time we were there. I understand their reasoning behind it, but it really didn't work out very well for me and F1gment with her in the ECV and the crush of people. I saw a few trays of food upset in the throngs of people as well :(

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Thu 01, 2012 7:59 am

When we ate at Cosmic Ray's, we just sat outside and missed the show. :( But as it turns out, we really relaxed, didn't have people hovering or trying to ssssqueeeze by our table, or anything. So maybe that was a good thing after all. :)

My park ticket has an RFID chip in it. It was how we opened our doors at BLT. My niece loved using the card to open the door. :) If the tables have RFID readers in them, I wonder if they would be messed up by the door chips, or at least slow down their functionality.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 01, 2012 9:04 pm

cy1229 wrote:When we ate at Cosmic Ray's, we just sat outside and missed the show. :( But as it turns out, we really relaxed, didn't have people hovering or trying to ssssqueeeze by our table, or anything. So maybe that was a good thing after all. :)

My park ticket has an RFID chip in it. It was how we opened our doors at BLT. My niece loved using the card to open the door. :) If the tables have RFID readers in them, I wonder if they would be messed up by the door chips, or at least slow down their functionality.
Not really. like a new jersy girl they are ready to take any device at any time. :D Which is why they are so common in high traffic areas where they still want to verify credentials.

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Nov Fri 02, 2012 1:22 am

So, what brainiac would attempt to steal an RFID rose whose entire purpose is allow Disney staff to home in on your exact location? Methinks it wouldn't be hard to track down.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Fri 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Well, it would only give your position in regards to if you were in range of a reader. Outside of high security things, most places are not wall to wall readers that know your exact badge location at all times. That and since they are the service industry, you never accuse the customer of theft, you simply tack the charge on afterwards.

BenB

Post by BenB » Nov Sat 03, 2012 12:02 am

I'm still not thinking it would be very easy to steal. In any case you'd be out the price of the food and wouldn't get a meal, so I think that would make up for the cost of a rose - especially at Disney food prices. Possible? Yes. Likely? No way.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Nov Sat 03, 2012 12:34 am

speaking of lifting things from restaurants... i was with my band during a trip to the park that shall not be named several years ago... and we had some girls (flutes) caught lifting HRC plates and menus by the parents. why would you want to carry china around with you all day at US?

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Sat 03, 2012 2:19 pm

That's the thing, people steal all kinds of weird stuff. I have seen many people intentionally walk out with Tough to be a Bug glasses and Muppet glasses.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Sat 03, 2012 5:17 pm

The funny thing is that here in So Cal, might be true for other places, the 3D glasses used for Imax are the same ones they use (as in same filter, shape, and color) as they use for HISTA/EO/Toy Story Mania. :D

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Thu 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Rumor is that a certain, prominent member of this site has eaten at this restaurant... I say we demand a report... Or, we ask really nicely so they don't pull the plug. Please???

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 26, 2012 12:40 pm

So has anyone actually eaten here yet? I just read a review on the Disney Food Blog and I can't say that anything on there sparked my interest in eating there. I think I would probably head in during lunchtime to have a look around and snap a few photos without actually eating there. The salmon was the only thing on the adult menu that I might try, but not with the accompanying leek side. And it mentions that food being "salty" is a common complaint, I am even less interested as I often find regular fare to be quite salty for my taste.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Wed 28, 2012 12:56 am

I have eaten there for lunch, does that count? ;)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Wed 28, 2012 7:43 am

NaCler wrote:I have eaten there for lunch, does that count? ;)
YES!!! NaCler you knew the answer to that question before you even started typing.

Spill it!!!!

Please?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 28, 2012 7:55 am

cy1229 wrote:
NaCler wrote:I have eaten there for lunch, does that count? ;)
YES!!! NaCler you knew the answer to that question before you even started typing.

Spill it!!!!

Please?
Mouskedittos! Did you eat there on this past trip? Take any photos? Eat any food? Drink any drinks? Yes, do tell! :D

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Nov Wed 28, 2012 7:31 pm

I'm hoping to eat there or at least snap some photos in January on my next trip. No reservations available for the 5 days I'll be there so I'm hoping for a cancellation or no-show and banking on the fact that my party of 1 might be able seated even without a reservation.