Be Our Guest Restaurant

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

fancyfeet
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Re: Be Our Guest Restaurant

Post by fancyfeet » Dec Sat 29, 2012 5:35 pm

I figured it might be good to wait a little bit before going here so they can iron the kinks out. There's nothing like a new restaurant not up to speed yet to ruin a day.

dwellsbct
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by dwellsbct » Jan Sun 05, 2014 12:50 pm

My wife and I ate there for lunch. The theme was great, my wife and I both had the pork:

Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style) - eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beens jardiniere $11.99 - info from www.Allears.net
The food was delicious.It was well worth the 20 minute wait in line.
:goofy:
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 05, 2014 1:54 pm

dwellsbct wrote:My wife and I ate there for lunch. The theme was great, my wife and I both had the pork:

Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style) - eight-hour slow-cooked pork with mushrooms, onions, carrots and bacon served with mashed potatoes and green beens jardiniere $11.99 - info from http://www.Allears.net
The food was delicious.It was well worth the 20 minute wait in line.
:goofy:
You only had a 20 minute wait? That sounds very quick ~ when did you go? I've heard very good things about the braised pork as well as the steak sandwich. I would guess we will likely try to have lunch there once on our next trip..whenever that might be.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sun 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Didn't someone here say their steak sandwich was really dry and ended up dunking it in the soup?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Didn't someone here say their steak sandwich was really dry and ended up dunking it in the soup?
Might have...I would have to go back and look. Almost every review I have seen on FB or other venues lately have raved about all the foods at BoG which leads me to believe that perhaps they worked out some kinks in the early days and are offering consistently good food...or so I hope!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 06, 2014 1:44 am

I have a feeling that the steak had nothing to do with the staff working it but they probably used a cheaper cut like a flat iron, hanger, or las vegas strip. The super cheap cuts are great for inexpensive (though some bastards will try to price them the same as traditional cuts) items, but they have a really fine cooking threshold.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 06, 2014 8:14 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I have a feeling that the steak had nothing to do with the staff working it but they probably used a cheaper cut like a flat iron, hanger, or las vegas strip. The super cheap cuts are great for inexpensive (though some bastards will try to price them the same as traditional cuts) items, but they have a really fine cooking threshold.
The menu lists it as "Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef " I don't really eat beef so I don't know if that is a good cut or not. Looking back through some reviews it does seem as though the food has gotten consistently better as the restaurant has been open longer.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Mon 06, 2014 11:58 am

When I ate dinner there in September it was awesome, but the French Onion soup was dreadful! It's not a beef broth base, its water base. Had no flavor. waste of $14!(we each had one)
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 06, 2014 1:52 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:When I ate dinner there in September it was awesome, but the French Onion soup was dreadful! It's not a beef broth base, its water base. Had no flavor. waste of $14!(we each had one)
Good to know ~I haven't really read much about the soup yet and I'm sure that is what Figment would want to try!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I have a feeling that the steak had nothing to do with the staff working it but they probably used a cheaper cut like a flat iron, hanger, or las vegas strip. The super cheap cuts are great for inexpensive (though some bastards will try to price them the same as traditional cuts) items, but they have a really fine cooking threshold.
The menu lists it as "Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef " I don't really eat beef so I don't know if that is a good cut or not. Looking back through some reviews it does seem as though the food has gotten consistently better as the restaurant has been open longer.
That is an awful cut of beef for what they are trying to sell it as. That is what they use for flat iron (and I think the Las Vegas Strip) steaks, super cheap, only real use is for a pot roast or other slow braised dish and it turns horrible when cooked like a steak.

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Jan Tue 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Going to eat here in the summer man that is one tuff place to get a decent reservation time! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Tue 21, 2014 9:35 pm

DW and I walked through one of the mornings we were there...they allow you to walk in and take a look at the ballroom until 10:00 AM each day. The line to get in for lunch was unreal...maybe 60+ people long at 10:30 AM...and of course there were no openings for dinner. Maybe next time. It sure did look awesome.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 21, 2014 10:22 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:DW and I walked through one of the mornings we were there...they allow you to walk in and take a look at the ballroom until 10:00 AM each day. The line to get in for lunch was unreal...maybe 60+ people long at 10:30 AM...and of course there were no openings for dinner. Maybe next time. It sure did look awesome.
That is cool ~ I've never heard anyone say that you could go in and look around in the morning! I don't suppose the Beast was in residence during those early morning hours though...

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Wed 22, 2014 9:59 am

Amy wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:DW and I walked through one of the mornings we were there...they allow you to walk in and take a look at the ballroom until 10:00 AM each day. The line to get in for lunch was unreal...maybe 60+ people long at 10:30 AM...and of course there were no openings for dinner. Maybe next time. It sure did look awesome.
That is cool ~ I've never heard anyone say that you could go in and look around in the morning! I don't suppose the Beast was in residence during those early morning hours though...
I did not see him...but I did get to spend some time with the talking suits of armor. They were a hoot.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 22, 2014 10:48 am

theBIGyowski wrote:
Amy wrote:
I did not see him...but I did get to spend some time with the talking suits of armor. They were a hoot.
Neat! Were you there long enough to tell if they were on some sort of loop, or do you think they are fairly randomized?