Disneyodendren

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Disneyodendren

Post by secondstar » Jan Sun 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Is the Swiss Family Treehouse refurb finished? If so, how is it?
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disneyodendren

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 29, 2012 6:09 pm

secondstar wrote:Is the Swiss Family Treehouse refurb finished? If so, how is it?
It re-opened when we were down there this past December. It looks nice and refreshed. I'll try to share a few photos here later...

secondstar

Post by secondstar » Jan Sun 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Thank you, Amy. For some reason, my DD8 wants that to be our first attraction in the Magic Kingdom this upcoming trip.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 29, 2012 7:23 pm

secondstar wrote:Thank you, Amy. For some reason, my DD8 wants that to be our first attraction in the Magic Kingdom this upcoming trip.
Has she recently read the book or watched the movie??

Here are some of the photos ~ I believe the treehouse had reopened either this same day, or perhaps the day before.
I remember being quite happy they had refurbished the tree house because it had been in such a sad state just the year before. I had noticed that the paint was worn on various parts of the attraction from people touching them and the kitchen scene was in a particularly depressing state.
It was dusk when I went through so the pictures aren't wonderful, and it started raining just as I started up...but you can at least share then with your daughter if you would like to hype her up a bit more ;)

secondstar

Post by secondstar » Jan Mon 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Amy, Wow! Great photos. Thanks.

No, she hasn't ready the book yet, but she is a voracious reader. I may try to get her to read that this summer.

-- Walt Disney

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 30, 2012 1:56 pm

secondstar wrote:Amy, Wow! Great photos. Thanks.

No, she hasn't ready the book yet, but she is a voracious reader. I may try to get her to read that this summer.
I bet she would like the book. And then she can watch the movie :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Mon 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Amy wrote:

Amy, what is the building in the mid-ground of this image? Thanks.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Mon 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Is that the top of Aloha Isle? or the old Kimmonen restaurant that now house's the Fairies?
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Mon 30, 2012 3:57 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Is that the top of Aloha Isle? or the old Kimmonen restaurant that now house's the Fairies?
Judging by Google maps, the white roofed building is Aloha Aisle, but I can't figure out the roundish part.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Mon 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks for posting those Amy! We didn't get a chance to go up there this time. :(
That movie was actually on this past weekend! :D We got to see it on the big screen as part of the D23 50 and Fabulous movie series. We hadn't watched the movie in so long...we had forgotten how much we both loved that movie!

We were so sad when they changed the theme of the treehouse to Tarzan in DL. Sill great views though!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 30, 2012 8:50 pm

cy1229 wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:Is that the top of Aloha Isle? or the old Kimmonen restaurant that now house's the Fairies?
Judging by Google maps, the white roofed building is Aloha Aisle, but I can't figure out the roundish part.
Yup, I'd say that is Aloha Aisle by looking at the map. Maybe that circular area is a covered seating area?
MmeLeota wrote:Thanks for posting those Amy! We didn't get a chance to go up there this time.
That movie was actually on this past weekend! We got to see it on the big screen as part of the D23 50 and Fabulous movie series. We hadn't watched the movie in so long...we had forgotten how much we both loved that movie!

We were so sad when they changed the theme of the treehouse to Tarzan in DL. Sill great views though!
I haven't seen Swiss Family Robinson in ages either. I should watch that again soon. It is really long though :shock:
I like the Tarzan treehouse music ~ but...that's about it. Definitely best to experience the attraction for the views of the park :lol:

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Feb Sun 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Amy wrote:
secondstar wrote:Is the Swiss Family Treehouse refurb finished? If so, how is it?
It re-opened when we were down there this past December. It looks nice and refreshed. I'll try to share a few photos here later...
I really look forward to your photos :goofy_bounce: . I have always loved the SFT, and a big fan of the movie since I was little :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Sun 05, 2012 8:31 pm

cy1229 wrote:
It's the covered seating for Aloha Isle. Also the site where boilerbabe performed the Dole Whip dance for us the night we all went to MK before they left. :mrgreen:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
Amy wrote:
I really look forward to your photos :goofy_bounce: . I have always loved the SFT, and a big fan of the movie since I was little :D
Did you see the photos? They are above your post...I was a little sad I didn't have better photos but it was getting on toward dusk and then it started sprinkling ~ none of which were ideal picture taking conditions :(

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Feb Tue 28, 2012 12:19 am

I thought that the photos taken during dusk gave it some extra charm. It really looked "jungle-ish."

You know, with all the times I've been to the Magic Kindgom in the 80's and 90's, I don't think I've ever visited the treehouse. That's crazy. I'll make a point to visit if I go back this year.
Image Image