Decorating Disneyworld for the Holidays?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: Decorating Disneyworld for the Holidays?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Nov Wed 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:I know Halloween is done over a single night. I would think and I recall seeing a special on TV showing something similar for WDW. The only difference is holiday decorations are a bit more intense and take longer to get put up completely. I would think most stuff in the MK would be up as they have to be set for the filming of the Christmas parade that will take place after Thanksgiving.
I remember dealing with a bit of disillusionment the first time we went to WDW in November and saw them filming the "Christmas Day" parade. I was so surprised to find out it wasn't done live on the actual holiday :shock: But it made more sense as I got older because I realized those stars wouldn't want to spend the holiday working...
In 2003 we were there during the taping the first week of Dec. Regis and Clay Akin were filming their portions of the parade, and we were quickly ushered down the sidewalk of Main St. The whole thing isn't filmed early, but a good chunk is. We had a 14 yr old with us and she was so upset :shock: . She kept saying, "but it's live on Christmas morning!" Poor thing, I think she was scarred for life! I have been there on Christmas morning, on the curb for the parade. DON'T EVER WASTE YOUR CHRISTMAS MORNING DOING THIS!!!! First of all, don't subject yourself to the MK on Christmas day :shock: . And the parade? Oh, they stop it for every commercial, and taped bit, leaving you to stare at the same float for up to 15 min at a time. Cast members do their very best to keep you entertained while you wait, but you can tell they are even getting tired of waiting :roll: .

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Nov Thu 03, 2011 10:12 am

Studios has all their holiday decorations, including the tree as well as the holiday music already as of yesterday... Way too early IMHO!
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Thu 03, 2011 10:25 am

MadEye wrote:Studios has all their holiday decorations, including the tree as well as the holiday music already as of yesterday... Way too early IMHO!
Already out on display? Wal-Mart doesn't even have all their Christmas stuff up yet.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Stores also have their music and so forth up and running since there is a lot of money that goes into holiday decor so they want to get the most use out of it.

I think DLR might have a lot of wait and see with it's decorating right now since it's Santa Ana season and there are few sheltered places in the park so you don't want to stand on anything higher than a step ladder when the winds are blowing. You have to feel bad for the street sweepers since huge piles of plant debris get piled up by the winds and no amount of sweeping will stop them from regenerating.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:You have to feel bad for the street sweepers since huge piles of plant debris get piled up by the winds and no amount of sweeping will stop them from regenerating.
It's called job security ;)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Thu 03, 2011 1:24 pm

agingerbugg wrote:
MadEye wrote:Studios has all their holiday decorations, including the tree as well as the holiday music already as of yesterday... Way too early IMHO!
Already out on display? Wal-Mart doesn't even have all their Christmas stuff up yet.
Then your Walmart must be lazy. My nearby Walmart and Target had the Christmas stuff out and the Halloween decorations on sale at least a week before Halloween...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:You have to feel bad for the street sweepers since huge piles of plant debris get piled up by the winds and no amount of sweeping will stop them from regenerating.
It's called job security ;)
True, but I think I could also forgive disney for closing doors on the shops (heaven forbid you have to actually open a door) rather than having to constantly sweep nature back outside. :D

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Thu 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Sam's Club has had them out for three weeks already, but Wal-Mart is just now starting to put out the x-mas stuff.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin