Which are the best restaurants in Downtown Disney

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

sag746
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Which are the best restaurants in Downtown Disney

Post by sag746 » Oct Mon 24, 2011 1:27 pm

I'm going for my yearly Christmas trip a week before the holiday. My wife and I have gone to many of the restaurants
at the hotels and parks, but have not hit the Downtown Disney eateries.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve from Miami
Hope you have a great day

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Which are the best restaurants in Downtown Disney

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Mon 24, 2011 3:12 pm

Earl of Sandwich is a great little sandwich shop if you're looking for something quick.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Oct Mon 24, 2011 4:22 pm

Second Earl of Sandwich. I'll also go with Planet Hollywood and if you are in the mood for a movie as well I recommend the AMC Dine-In.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

lonepalm
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by lonepalm » Oct Mon 24, 2011 4:25 pm

I have only hit the main places, like Rainforest Cafe and T-rex. I recommend both of them (they are pretty much the same thing and have pretty much the same menu, except the theme is different, but concept is the same). They are a little overpriced, but who isn't on Disney property?

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Count me in on the recommenders for Earl of Sandwich. That place has delicious sandwiches!! It is crazy busy but the line moves pretty quickly so don't be discouraged if you walk in and find it packed...

rautio6
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by rautio6 » Oct Mon 24, 2011 11:29 pm

Earl of Sandwich is quick and always good. Planet Hollywood has typical American food with a fun and interesting atmosphere. We usually eat there every vacation.

Have fun! :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 25, 2011 6:26 am

A word of caution on Planet Hollywood, while it is an interesting place to look around ~ movie memorabilia everywhere!! ~ it is also very loud. The music is played very loudly and it is a big open space so if it is at all crowded that adds a lot to the noise as well. I have sensitive hearing but when I mentioned how loud I thought it was, F1gment agreed with me. Still a fun place to eat, on the expensive side for a table service restaurant. If you've been to a Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood is very similar except with a movie theme instead of a music theme.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Oct Tue 25, 2011 7:51 am

Amy wrote:It is crazy busy but the line moves pretty quickly so don't be discouraged if you walk in and find it packed...
Not all the time. I went last Friday around three (3pm) and there were only five people in two different groups ahead of me. I was in and out in about fifteen minutes. :D

BTW, they have a new sandwich for the holiday season until early January called the Holiday Turkey Sandwich. Think of a Thanksgiving dinner (turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy) all in one sandwich! It's good so try it!!!
― Dr. Seuss

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 25, 2011 7:56 am

MadEye wrote:
Amy wrote:It is crazy busy but the line moves pretty quickly so don't be discouraged if you walk in and find it packed...
Not all the time. I went last Friday around three (3pm) and there were only five people in two different groups ahead of me. I was in and out in about fifteen minutes. :D

BTW, they have a new sandwich for the holiday season until early January called the Holiday Turkey Sandwich. Think of a Thanksgiving dinner (turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy) all in one sandwich! It's good so try it!!!
We might need to eat at 3 pm next time :lol:
F1gment tried the holiday sandwich and found it a bit odd to have the Thanksgiving meal on a sandwich. I tried a bite of hers and thought it was ok, but the Italian sandwich rocked :D

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Oct Tue 25, 2011 8:09 am

Amy wrote:
MadEye wrote:

We might need to eat at 3 pm next time :lol:
That or you've only been there when it's busy at WDW and not a mostly dead time like it is now.
Amy wrote:F1gment tried the holiday sandwich and found it a bit odd to have the Thanksgiving meal on a sandwich. I tried a bite of hers and thought it was ok, but the Italian sandwich rocked :D
I know not everyone will like it but I think everyone should try it at least.
― Dr. Seuss

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Oct Tue 25, 2011 8:27 am

MadEye wrote:BTW, they have a new sandwich for the holiday season until early January called the Holiday Turkey Sandwich. Think of a Thanksgiving dinner (turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy) all in one sandwich! It's good so try it!!!
There's a shop here that does something similar, and it's pretty good. I wouldn't eat it everyday, but for someone like me who doesn't do a big Thanksgiving dinner, it is a nice one-off meal.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

CarolwoodPacific
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by CarolwoodPacific » Oct Tue 25, 2011 8:45 am

Raglan Road - great food and "adult beverage" selection. They also have nightly entertainment, including live bands and Irish dancers.

Paradiso 37 - you can go for a quiet lunch, but it does become lively in the evenings (more people, live music, etc). I've heard it's better (and more fun) to order several of the appetizers to share. Great outdoor seating.

T-Rex - really, who doesn't like dinosaurs? And a really cool octopus bar? It may be owned by the same people as Rainforest Cafe, but the food is actually good here.

CCAS116
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by CCAS116 » Oct Tue 25, 2011 9:01 am

Hands down, Raglan Road is my wife's and my favorite restaurant in Downtown Disney! Irish food with a modern flair; the food is fantastic! I recommend the Smokie City dip for an appetizer (smoked haddock, potatoes, tomatoes, and Dubliner cheese) and the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding for dessert!

Fulton's Crab House (the restaurant on the old steam boat) is also very good. Extremely fresh seafood, but it can be a little pricey.

Have fun!

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Oct Tue 25, 2011 9:09 pm

CCAS116 wrote:Hands down, Raglan Road is my wife's and my favorite restaurant in Downtown Disney! Irish food with a modern flair; the food is fantastic! I recommend the Smokie City dip for an appetizer (smoked haddock, potatoes, tomatoes, and Dubliner cheese) and the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding for dessert!

Fulton's Crab House (the restaurant on the old steam boat) is also very good. Extremely fresh seafood, but it can be a little pricey.

Have fun!
I have always wanted to eat at Fulton's Crab House! I love seafood, and I had read somewhere that they post their daily delivery receipts for patrons to see just how fresh the seafood actually is!
Is Raglan Road fairly new? That's gonna have to go on my list of must do's, sounds fantastic!

Sharonofwindham

Post by Sharonofwindham » Oct Tue 25, 2011 9:12 pm

Save room for dessert @ Ghirodelli's. The ice cream sundays are to die for :goofy_bounce: !