Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: How frequently do you visit WDW?

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 16, 2012 7:54 am

DemonOfMusic wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
DemonOfMusic wrote:Less often than I'd like, that's for sure. I used to go once a year, but I didn't go in 2010 and went back in 2011. I want to keep taking annual trips, but the rest of my family hates Disney and claims they're done for good. :( :( :( Hopefully I can change that... I have to convince them that I'm not "too old" for Disney. There is no such thing as being too old for Disney! EVER.
Welcome! And you're in the right spot. My family isn't big on Disney either, but I got to spend time with a bunch of people on this site at the parks last week and it was a blast! So that made up for the fact my family isn't so keen on coming.

It's so nice to be able to go every day now if I want... :mrgreen: The joys of living 10 minutes away with that cast member ID...
Wow, everyone is so close to the parks! I'm totally jealous! I would seriously do anything to live close enough to have trips just be that easy. Eh, Florida is one of the places I'd most want to live, so maybe someday!
Don't be fooled, only a few people live that close, or are CMs. Most of the people at the meet-up earlier this month were from far away. Well, 2 were from Florida, but they had to drive a couple hours to get there :roll:
But on here, we're all very close to the magic :D

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jan Mon 16, 2012 9:25 am

Even though I live close in Miami, we're still 4 hours away from the magic. We will go usually 3 - 4 times a year, one long trip of a week to ten days and about three more trips of 3-4 days. Work, and a busy 15 year old keep us too busy to go a lot. As well as money constraints, it doesn't matter that we have annual passes, it always costs a small fortune to go up to WDW even for 3 days!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Jan Mon 16, 2012 1:44 pm

We go more frequently than I post on these boards - is that good or bad?

Last year when we renewed our annual passes we asked how many times they had been used and the answer was 33 times. So that comes out to about 3.6 times per month - we usually drive in but try to stay onsite at least once a year for a few days.

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Jan Mon 16, 2012 2:57 pm

We went in Oct 2009, Mar 2010, Sept 2011 and are kinda sorta planning our next trip for Dec 2012.

We love to go to Disney but even more we love to "plan" our trip to Disney. The 6 month's prior to a trip are fantastic. My wife loves to plan and make our reservations for our table services, my kids like to imagine all the fun we'll have and I enjoy the planning too. Also, with the right financial planning, our trip to Disney is more cost efficient than anywhere else we would want to go around here (Tenn, Kentucky, Ohio Indiana). :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 16, 2012 6:41 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Even though I live close in Miami, we're still 4 hours away from the magic. We will go usually 3 - 4 times a year, one long trip of a week to ten days and about three more trips of 3-4 days. Work, and a busy 15 year old keep us too busy to go a lot. As well as money constraints, it doesn't matter that we have annual passes, it always costs a small fortune to go up to WDW even for 3 days!
Yeah, the tickets are a small portion when you start adding up the hotel room, food, souvenirs...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Mon 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Amy wrote: Don't be fooled, only a few people live that close, or are CMs. Most of the people at the meet-up earlier this month were from far away. Well, 2 were from Florida, but they had to drive a couple hours to get there :roll:
I think MadEye and I were the only Orlando locals at the meet-up... and I'm still a new local! :mrgreen:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Tue 17, 2012 10:53 am

I've been every year since 2008...and went to DLR that year as well.

This will be the first year since then that I won't be going to WDW. :( It's ok though...because the reason is we will be welcoming our DS this April. We're hoping to get back down to WDW in early 2013 and then possibly again in fall of 2013 for the Food & Wine Festival. So maybe we can makeup for the 2012 hiatus with two trips in 2013. :)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

redstomr63
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by redstomr63 » Jan Tue 17, 2012 2:32 pm

We try to go at least 5 or 6 times a year, it all depends on how the holidays fall.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Considering that this most recent trip a couple of weeks ago was the first time to WDW in almost 9 years... :shock:
We used to go to DL several times a year (except for a stretch of about 2 years) and we used to have APs.

But since our move, I forsee us going to WDW much more often...we're hoping to get in another trip this year sometime. We'll see.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Jan Wed 18, 2012 10:36 am

rphillips14 wrote:We love to go to Disney but even more we love to "plan" our trip to Disney. The 6 month's prior to a trip are fantastic. My wife loves to plan and make our reservations for our table services, my kids like to imagine all the fun we'll have and I enjoy the planning too. Also, with the right financial planning, our trip to Disney is more cost efficient than anywhere else we would want to go around here (Tenn, Kentucky, Ohio Indiana). :D
I agree with this 100%. Planning the trip is half the fun.

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Jan Sat 21, 2012 4:48 am

Since 2004, I've been going once a year. Not sure if I will be going this year or not; waiting on discounts for May/June, but bummed since Test Track would be closed then (one of my fave rides). :(

I always plan in advance. Can never go spur of the moment because I live about 800 miles away and vacation time is not in abundance.

I'm an ADR snob as well, so I try to always have everything set up no later than 3 months out. Lone exception was my 2007 Spring Break when we waited until 2 months out to plan, and wound up having to do a split stay at POFQ (2 nights) and CBR (5 nights). Wasn't happy about that, although I enjoyed staying at POFQ for the first time.

Even if I could go spur of the moment, I wouldn't want to. Part of the fun for me is the planning! :donald:

flyer32
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by flyer32 » Feb Fri 17, 2012 11:51 am

I try to get to A Disney park each year. I tend to do WDW one year and DLR the next...but there have been years where I go to both in the same year. When I go to WDW, I make it worth it and go for a 2 week trip!!! We start planning the next trip sometimes even before the current one is started HAHA!!!

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » Feb Fri 17, 2012 6:42 pm

We plan our trips to WDW 1yr in advance. As soon as we come back we start planing the following year. We stay for 10days. We also do a weekend getaway for the food and wine festival. We stay with fam. They live 5mins away from MK :D

:pluto: :donald: :mickey3:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 17, 2012 7:42 pm

cinderella75 wrote:We plan our trips to WDW 1yr in advance. As soon as we come back we start planing the following year. We stay for 10days. We also do a weekend getaway for the food and wine festival. We stay with fam. They live 5mins away from MK :D

:pluto: :donald: :mickey3:
Wow ~ you are lucky to be able to visit family that close to WDW :D

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Feb Fri 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote: Don't be fooled, only a few people live that close, or are CMs. Most of the people at the meet-up earlier this month were from far away. Well, 2 were from Florida, but they had to drive a couple hours to get there :roll:
I think MadEye and I were the only Orlando locals at the meet-up... and I'm still a new local! :mrgreen:
If you want to get technical I can say I'm from three different cities. Technically I'm considered living in an area of Orlando. If you want to get literal, depending on which side of the street I'm on, I'm either in Windermere or Lake Buena Vista (WDW property for those who don't know already :D :P )
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.